Sign in to follow this  
GoranM

X-Plane just keeps getting better and better!

5 hours ago, mSparks said:

He's running low settings.

Hi, is the second picture (with Xworld) with orthos? If I install Xworld all the buildings show up but the same generic ground textures still make it not worth it to me over the default autogen IMO.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Quoted post with images reduced.

5 hours ago, Bjoern said:

Wasn't talking about airports.

I konw just mentioned

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SkyDeckSim said:

Hi, is the second picture (with Xworld) with orthos? If I install Xworld all the buildings show up but the same generic ground textures still make it not worth it to me over the default autogen IMO.

I'm pretty sure there is no ortho there, its the same ground texture. I did have ortho on EGLC, not sure whys its not loading up, might have got lost when I switched to zipped scenery folders, its been a while since I flew there.

I definitely have ortho + xworld on EGLL

default:

5J1QGFE.png

Ortho + xworld

Hd5njrX.png

• Like 1

AutoATC Developer

FWIW - this is the same area (approximately) near EGLL. This is XP12+XWorld Europe and Orbx Forests and no Ortho. Lighting is a bit poor as it was raining in the sim. 

MkR7uwA.jpg

Ground detail is definitely different - I guess that is XWorld's affect as with the improved objects etc which overall is fairly close to Ortho from MSparks. Only can say that XWorld or SimHeaven is good in some areas like this but out of whack in off the beaten places like Outback Australia and the Pacific. Not sure why but the X-World Asia is very good too! But I do not have America, Africa or Oceania as I prefer the default due to the objects choice and placement for those area. Like Swiss Chalets as houses in PNG or several together on an Australia Outback strip which would have had some tin sheds but no houses. So I guess it is a compromise - what you can put up with. I am not welded to Ortho at all namely because of the loss of definition of ground textures and the sheer size of the files needed for it. 

Guess we shall see what Laminar come up with in the near future. It is more than acceptable for me in fact in a lot of areas - brilliant!

Edited by coastaldriver
  • Like 1

On 1/16/2024 at 1:37 AM, Bjoern said:

Considering that Armin, SimHeaven's developer has been very quiet lately...

Let me just  make a wild guess here: Armin is working for Laminar now, if only part time. 

No

On 1/16/2024 at 12:31 AM, strider1 said:

Sounds like a simheaven autogen type of upgrade.

I've only mentioned what 12.0.9 will bring in that post. No need to come to other conclusions for now (although you are free to imagine :P)

On 1/16/2024 at 8:15 AM, DD_Arthur said:

No, not too bad at all for stock sim. If they could do something about the roads....

Which part?

On 1/16/2024 at 5:45 AM, mjrhealth said:

Got some nice airport assets now for wed, finally got proper cargo pods and luggage carts. nice

More to come in future

• Like 1

Thank you Dellanie, more posts like this to kill speculation would be extremely useful to keep this forum in check.

So, when is Armin starting @ Laminar? 🤪

Edited by peroni
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, coastaldriver said:

Only can say that XWorld or SimHeaven is good in some areas

you can see the effect of the building footprints in the lower left of the eglc shots.

default is "buildings here"

xworld is "buildings here shaped like this + a couple of pontoons"

what tends to be missing from both is areas of "scattered vegetation and the odd tree" 

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

10 hours ago, DeltaWho said:

I've only mentioned what 12.0.9 will bring in that post. No need to come to other conclusions for now (although you are free to imagine :P)

My comments were about the 'New Scenery' GoranM mentioned, I have no idea what you are talking about, or read any of your posts. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

2 hours ago, strider1 said:

My comments were about the 'New Scenery' GoranM mentioned, I have no idea what you are talking about, or read any of your posts. 

I corrected myself. It was early morning and I hadn’t had coffee yet. 

14 hours ago, GoranM said:

I corrected myself. It was early morning and I hadn’t had coffee yet. 

I know you already told me it was bad choice of words. It kind of sounds like you are doing damage control now.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Irregardless of the scenery - the way the sim now works continues to surprise me and impress for its authenticity. Sim flight several hours ago in AWX C-47 out of Central Mexico and area. Encountered icing above F115 and it gradually became more severe - the weather before had been heavy continous showers and turbulence. Seems it works as it should.

The graphical representation of ice was very impressive - I am not sure if it is inherent to XP or it is the rainglass texturising or settings. Either way most realistic representation of icing I have ever seen and never before in any other simulation. Look at this port side window there is crystalline ice evident around the window frame and the glass is opaque as it is with a covering of ice. Same for the main windscreen and a small hole where the wiper enters the fuselage-cockpit. The deice of the model kept it flyable until lower altitudes and temps and the ice then slowly and i mean slowly (several minutes) then disappeared again. 

JgYqwac.jpg

VcYftBJ.jpg

GIwPs8z.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

@coastaldriver It actually scared me a little when I first saw it - thought something was wrong with my system. I only noticed it in December, probably because I use Real Weather and it was getting pretty cold.

I think the ice simulation is X-Plane but I can't be sure. I recently had to write a script to enable the window anti-ice in a couple of addon aircraft and I know the data refs are there to clear them up or I'd be hollering for help.

Dolph it would have to be XP's - I have seen the icing on the wing correctly depicted as well in a flight in Beechcraft in the Iceland area. The deice capacity of the models is variable not sure how that is set some are very good others inadequate. Whats the script?

Guqyzgh.jpg

YRl3iku.jpg