Sign in to follow this  
Alvega

BeyondATC Voice Tier

So much for those who kept on claiming that BATC couldn't do anything about the pricing because all the money directly went to the voice provider.

I had never bought into that story. Obviously the deal BATC made with the voice provider has always been part of their business model.

Good thing there were enough people who didn't buy into that story and put pressure on BATC to make some adjustments to their business model what they obviously were able to do actually. 

After all it will be good for both the users and BATC because with that previous price model BATC would have been a nonstarter for most. Now this getting interesting. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

So much for those who kept on claiming that BATC couldn't do anything about the pricing because all the money directly went to the voice provider.

I had never bought into that story. Obviously the deal BATC made with the voice provider has always been part of their business model.

Good thing there were enough people who didn't buy into that story and put pressure on BATC to make some adjustments to their business model what they obviously were able to do actually. 

After all it will be good for both the users and BATC because with that previous price model BATC would have been a nonstarter for most. Now this getting interesting. 

Hard to say. Sometimes, these service providers give you a much better deal, based on volume. This could also be the reason why the BATC owners reduced the price from $60 to $30, because if they sell more copies, they can then tell the service provider for the voices, that will have that many more users.  In turn, if the voice service provider is expecting a larger volume of users, they may be willing to reduce the cost drastically for BATC. While the reduction from $60 to $30 is a 1/2 reduction in price, the sales may increase by 4x, or maybe even more - the increase in sales in not necessarily linear with respect to the reduction in price.

We don't really know what went behind the scenes with BATC's negotiations with the service provider.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

12 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

That's a rather negative view on things which really, really doesn't do the developer justice... Totally unjustified actually.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

if they sell more copies, they can then tell the service provider for the voices, that will have that many more users.  In turn, if the voice service provider is expecting a larger volume of users, they may be willing to reduce the cost drastically for BATC.

Exactly. That's why the story "all the money goes to the voice provider, BATC can't do anything about it" never made much sense to me.

It's good that BATC finally used that leverage to make a better deal with the voice provider. 

Edited by RALF9636

looks like they feel the pressure from the "other" ai software that currently is in beta...

41 minutes ago, tup61 said:

That's a rather negative view on things which really, really doesn't do the developer justice... 

Not a negative view at all. It's just a perfectly normal part of business. BATC are running a business, and that is fine. And they proved once again that they are smart enough to adapt their business model to be more competitive. There is nothing negative about it.

4 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Not a negative view at all. It's just a perfectly normal part of business. BATC are running a business, and that is fine. And they proved once again that they are smart enough to adapt their business model to be more competitive. There is nothing negative about it.

Well, 'I never bought into that story' makes it sound you think the dev wasn't honest. But whatever. Let's not spoil the great news with this. 😉 

• Like 3

Lets see how the software performs when it is released. Seen way too many marketing moves in 40 years of Flightsimming - at the end of the day it´s the product that has to perform. And I have not seen much of it yet.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, techman said:

looks like they feel the pressure from the "other" ai software that currently is in beta...

Not sure how, different business model. SayIntenions doesn’t even have a free voice option 

Edited by Tuskin38

But it has AI ATC which BeyondATC does (afaik) not have.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, techman said:

But it has AI ATC which BeyondATC does (afaik) not have.

What gave you that idea....? BATC will inject and control traffic (which SI doesn't do) and of course talk to it. BATC and SI can't really be compared. Apples and oranges. The only thing they have in common is that they are both about ATC. Besides, SI costs 30 bucks every month while BATC cost 30 bucks once. Period. And it can be used 'eternally' for free. Unless, of course, you want the Premium voices... But I have to say the new basis voices are pretty good, a lot better then the previous ones!

Edited by tup61

So BATC has AI-controlled ATC? Just to make that clear.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, tup61 said:

BATC will inject and control traffic (which SI doesn't do) and of course talk to it. 

SI will also inject traffic, their just developing the framework and the SI will get traffic injection too… I guess by the time BATC releases SI will have it implemented:)

I subscribing to SI and will try BATC too and see from there wich product fits for me. 

Edited by Kaboki

1 minute ago, Kaboki said:

SI will also inject traffic, their just developing the framework and the SI will get traffic injection too… I guess by the time BATC releases SI will have it implemented:)

I subscribing to SI and will try BATC too and see from there wich product fits for me. 

$30 a  month. Yeah, I can see that will really go over well,, like paying $50 for a fast food burger. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

6 hours ago, techman said:

And I have not seen much of it yet.

Major eye roll. There are plenty of YT videos not only from a developer but from some YTubers showcasing the product. I understand having questions, but dude you've been dreadful in this entire thread questioning EVERYTHING without doing any research. My god. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |