Sign in to follow this  
Brocky120

MSFS Adaptive LOD

28 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Where can your latest version be downloaded. Is it the same link ?

That link I posted that you quoted is for a landing monitor which shows AGL while in the air.

If you mean latest version of of my changes to DynamicLOD that I've been testing that removes the need to set VR or not for each profile as it sets both and the revised forced update on a setting change, then I haven't packaged it up yet as I want to test it a bit more to make sure it works as advertised with no adverse effects. Otherwise, the version in my post here is my latest one.

Edited by Reset XPDR

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

1 hour ago, MarcG said:

Ah marvelous you're a star, thank you very much 👍

There is also Shift-Z (old FSX style). Not sure if it gives AGL altitude however.

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

12 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

There is also Shift-Z (old FSX style). Not sure if it gives AGL altitude however.

I use that but don't think it does when I checked the website at flightsim.to (no reference to AGL that I could see).

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

26 minutes ago, MarcG said:

I use that but don't think it does when I checked the website at flightsim.to (no reference to AGL that I could see).

Yes, it does show AGL. You need to edit the userconfig.ini. There is a list of all available parameters at the end of this file. (look for 'AltitudeAgl' )

I changed mine to show just the things I find interesting

[TextInfo.1]
FrameRate=1,1
Altitude=1,2
AltitudeAgl=1,3
Airspeed=2,1
AirspeedGround=2,2
WindDirectionAndSpeed=2,3
FuelPercentage=3,1

And removed [TextInfo.2] and [TextInfo.3]

Edited by willy647

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

2 minutes ago, willy647 said:

Yes, it does show AGL. You need to edit the userconfig.ini. There is a list of all available parameters at the end of this file. (look for 'AltitudeAgl' )

Ah lovely thanks

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

7 hours ago, Reset XPDR said:

The brute PC and VR LOD setting changes I made worked very well. I confirmed that LODs are changing to be the same in both PC and VR modes and it did not set my computer on fire.

👍

7 hours ago, Reset XPDR said:

In fact @Fragtality, I discovered that when I implemented your proposed change to add Model.ForceEvaluation to the the if-blocks in lines 66-72 as a condition to run FindPairs() on setting changes that the return on line 72 was causing the function to terminate before Model.ForceEvaluation gets set to false, resulting in repeated calls to FindPairs() every runtick and therefore setting those memory parameters every second until I found it in the log about 20 minutes later. I have fixed it now, but even with that level of repeated memory setting abuse MSFS still seemed to run fine.

If you are interested in the slight change I made to your fix, I left the exisitng lines 66-72 as they originally were in 0.3.2 and added a line after line 73 with

if (Model.ForceEvaluation) FindPairs();

and it works great.

Well, I forgot to write that FindPairs() should reset ForceEvaluation at the End. (But it's kinda obvious, don't you think^^)

1 hour ago, Reset XPDR said:

If you mean latest version of of my changes to DynamicLOD that I've been testing that removes the need to set VR or not for each profile as it sets both and the revised forced update on a setting change, then I haven't packaged it up yet as I want to test it a bit more to make sure it works as advertised with no adverse effects. Otherwise, the version in my post here is my latest one.

As I already explained, the VR Flag can still be useful. If there should be an Auto-Switch maybe someday, it would be quite handy. (Or how would you decide to which Profile you would switch to for VR?)
And considering some of the Comments here and the instant-closed Issues on GitHub, you can be very certain that you will find at least one User who forgets which Profile he/she uses for VR (and need that Flag as Reminder) 🤪

12 minutes ago, Fragtality said:

As I already explained, the VR Flag can still be useful. If there should be an Auto-Switch maybe someday, it would be quite handy. (Or how would you decide to which Profile you would switch to for VR?)

Yes it would be nice but in the interim it's more important to me to set my profiles based on what type of flying I will be doing rather than whether they are in VR or PC mode as I use the same settings in both modes. I've been caught out a few times with VR enabled but in PC mode and vice versa and it's just easier to not have to worry about that setting at all. If other's feel the same then they can use my version until auto switching becomes a reality. As you said yourself, having one flavour would be boring!

22 minutes ago, Fragtality said:

Well, I forgot to write that FindPairs() should reset ForceEvaluation at the End. (But it's kinda obvious, don't you think^^)

It's challenging enough trying to work out what someone else's code is doing in a coding language and development environment I have not used before this week, let alone trying to interpret an incomplete description of changes to said code, so no it wasn't obvious. Nonetheless, I am enjoying the challenge and I am glad to see you have become more involved as we can all benefit from that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

To the VR Folks driving me Nuts:
Latest Binary-only Package available here. Does it detect PC/normal and VR Mode (For Example TLOD/VR: <100> / 100 should switch to TLOD/VR: 100 / <100>)? Which Store-Version?
(If it is not clear how to download, how to extract, where to put => not eligible for testing)

6 hours ago, Fragtality said:

Does it detect PC/normal and VR Mode (For Example TLOD/VR: <100> / 100 should switch to TLOD/VR: 100 / <100>)?

No. It stays on TLOD/VR: <100> / 100 regardless of whether in VR or PC mode.

6 hours ago, Fragtality said:

Which Store-Version?

Steam

54 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

No. It stays on TLOD/VR: <100> / 100 regardless of whether in VR or PC mode.

Steam

That would at least match with what Umberto has said, that these Offsets where meant for the MS Store Version.

Maybe @virtuali  can shed some Light how he managed to find two booleans/bits in the Gigabytes of MSFS Memory? 😉 

1 hour ago, Fragtality said:

Maybe @virtuali  can shed some Light how he managed to find two booleans/bits in the Gigabytes of MSFS Memory?

With the help of a tool which has been around for years to discover things in games:

https://www.cheatengine.org/

If you learn to use it properly, it can help you find anything.

We used it in the "good old days of hacking" for FS9, FSX and P3D 32 bit, to do "impossible" things the SDK didn't allowed us to do, but stopped when P3D became 64 bit and its SDK was complete enough with all the things we needed, so we don't do in-memory hacks anymore, but sometimes I still do some digging, just for fun, just in case...

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Using this tool over two different runs of MSFS Steam version, I managed to narrow it down to a single address in FlightSimulator.exe that changes from 0 in PC mode to 1 in VR mode with the Steam edition every time, even switching between WMR and OpenXR as the runtime client and with or without OpenXR toolkit running. I'm not entirely sure I'm interpreting the addresses properly, but the first run was address 29232010318 with an allocation base of 29231E70000 and the second address was 1AFBEE20318 with an allocation base of 1AFBEC80000. Subtracting the allocation base from the address, which I believe gives the relative offset, in each case gives 1A0318 for both, if that's any help.

Edited by Reset XPDR

I am still on an ealier version which works great but if i update should i uninstall ?

Is there a donation site ? Your work is really apreciated.

Thanks

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Ok, that is as much Time as I will invest in a Topic I don't have any Benefit from and which I especially can't do any Research/Development/Tests on.
There was only *one* Response which actually tried to help. The other basically saying "you just don't know how to use it" which even gets an upvote. (To be honest, that is a true Statement - I can't figure out to find one single Bit in GB's of Memory.)

So what I'm gonna do: Adding a Mechanic to switch automatically between PC/VR Mode based on two Offsets (from the FlightSimulator Base Address). With these Offsets being editable in the config File. Thereafter everyone for themselves. If one does not know what to enter there: don't ask me, I don't & can't know and don't care. If the Mechanic does not fit your Needs: Hope that somebody else offers a preferred flavor. 😉