Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

🐈‍⬛Cats Vs Christmas Trees🎄

My Kat is eying the tree speculatively.......

• Like 4

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Hang little cucumbers on the branches to scare them away!

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

• Like 2

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

200w.gif

• Like 2

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Cats know that they can get away with it. They look up at you with those little fluffy faces, and only a heart of steel would deny them forgiveness.

• Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Oh yes... cats and Christmas trees is a disaster waiting to happen. Don't have one this year but last year, even though my cat is a rather large feline, scaling the thing was an irresistible urge. Its in their DNA I'm afraid. Chewing the tree is a delight to them too, doesn't matter if its plastic. Battery powered or very low voltage lights are advised... yes, they attack them too, they fear not the electrons. 

Could be bad like this:

christmas vacation 1989 gif | WiffleGif

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

18 hours ago, Fielder said:

Hang little cucumbers on the branches to scare them away!

Better still, red-hot chili peppers!

I could never have a cat. They are simply too destructive!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

11 hours ago, n4gix said:

Nope, not really Bill. Check out the dog videos, ripping all manner of things to bits, including destroying chair legs with those teeth powered by mega jaw muscles.

Cats love Christmas trees, and tend to scratch furniture which can be mitigated, but they aren't overly destructive really. 

4 hours ago, martin-w said:
15 hours ago, n4gix said:

Nope, not really Bill. Check out the dog videos, ripping all manner of things to bits, including destroying chair legs with those teeth powered by mega jaw muscles.

Cats love Christmas trees, and tend to scratch furniture which can be mitigated, but they aren't overly destructive really

The real downside to cats is having to deal with their vomiting, mostly from furballs.  Or whatever else they swallowed that they shouldn’t have. My wife had a discussion years ago with a neighbor regarding cats vs children. The neighbor won this “debate” when she said that children at least eventually get over vomiting whereas with cats it’s a lifetime problem. 

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

2 hours ago, Mike A said:

vomiting, mostly from furballs

Yep, mostly in the summer when they are shedding. Reduced my cats fur balls quite a bit by switching to higher fibre biscuits. Easy to clean up though, they aren't usually that soggy. 

So far, I have never had a cat-furball problem.

I think I may have seen a cat retch like that, years ago, but it was my granddads cat and I was a kid, so its been awhile.....

As for scratching, they need a scratching-post/cat-condo and they will usually stick to that, thereafter.

My nephew just picked up a young cat from the shelter, and it came declawed by a previous owner, which I believe is probably cruel, but it certainly alleviates furniture concerns.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

2 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

So far, I have never had a cat-furball problem.

Some cats don't. 

2 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

it came declawed by a previous owner, which I believe is probably cruel

It most definitely is. Abhorrent thing to do to a cat. Utterly disguising. Its like having you finger nails pulled out. People like that should never own any animal at all. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/20/2023 at 8:54 AM, charliearon said:

Putting the tree in a dog cage is brilliant!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator