Sign in to follow this  
St Mawgan

Famous Flyer 8: Cessna T207A

• Like 4

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Anyone flying it yet, or like me?  Bought and installed but too busy to give it a try right now!😎😎😎

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, btacon said:

Anyone flying it yet, or like me?  Bought and installed but too busy to give it a try right now!😎😎😎

I bought it.  Well worth the £8.36 (Ultimate pack discounted rate).  Flies nice, stable and predictable.  Trims out well - not too sensitive. 
Sounds are good, and obviously the visual quality being Carenado is superb.  There are Passenger, Cargo, and Sky Diver versions with the soft door (I like that one). 
Basically everything works as expected, and I like the plane.  It's like a grown up 172!  I can't fault it for the money at all.

I had to come out of MSFS after half an hour as I kept getting disconnection / reconnection errors.  Fed up with that.  Maybe the servers are getting hammered again with the update.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

20 minutes ago, btacon said:

Anyone flying it yet

Got it, it was like $10, so don't expect the world. It's still carenado. That said, it does fly nice. Did a short bush hop up in Alaska. Feels good on the ground, responsive during taxi. Not overly dramatic with the need for right rudder on takeoff. Not sure if there's a tablet or a way to change static elements or the GPS like in some of their other planes. It'll be a nice addition to check out bush strips.

• Like 1

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

11 minutes ago, V1ROTA7E said:

Not overly dramatic with the need for right rudder on takeoff. 

So no need right rudder at all? That is so sad...

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

No way to add my TDS750 I'm sure. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

37 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

So no need right rudder at all? That is so sad...

It does need various amounts of right rudder during take off.  Just a touch to start with, then as you feed the power in quite a lot of deflection for a few seconds, then it gradually requires less as you pick up speed and the rudder gains more authority.

Feels about how I would expect, and a lot like other similar aircraft in the sim.  

• Like 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

40 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

It does need various amounts of right rudder during take off.  Just a touch to start with, then as you feed the power in quite a lot of deflection for a few seconds, then it gradually requires less as you pick up speed and the rudder gains more authority.

Feels about how I would expect, and a lot like other similar aircraft in the sim.  

OK thanks, that sounds better!

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

5 hours ago, St Mawgan said:

No way to add my TDS750 I'm sure. 

Worse than that for me, I'm getting the old default GNS530 in the cockpit not the much improved WT version.

Anyone else seeing that ?

5 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

Worse than that for me, I'm getting the old default GNS530 in the cockpit not the much improved WT version.

Yes, go into the panel.cfg and change instances of "AS530" to "WT530" in the VCockpit02 section. It's a common "problem" with Carenado's that luckily is a 10 second fix. 

Unrelated, I am noting the following bugs in an email to Carenado:

A couple of initial observations from using the new C207 in MSFS:

1. The transponder's red light does not periodically light up in ON or ALT modes, or does it light up solid when in TEST mode. In real life it blinks red when interrogated by a radar system. This was incorporated at my request in the Cessna 182RG and should be done in the same way for the C207.

2. I believe that the ALERT annunciator on the autopilot should not be visible all the time. In any mode "ALERT" is lit, but in reading from the real manual, it states:

1. ALTITUDE ALERT (ALERT) ANNUNCIATION
    The ALERT annunciate is illuminated 1000 ft. prior to the selected altitude, extinguishes 200 ft. prior to the selected altitude and illuminates momentarily when the selected altitude is reached. Once the selected altitude is reached a flashing ALERT illumination signifies that the 200 ft. “safe band” has been exceeded and will remain illuminated until 1000 ft. from the selected altitude. Associated with the visual alerting is an aural alert (5 short tones) which occurs 1000 feet from the selected altitude upon approaching the altitude and 200 feet from the selected altitude on leaving the altitude.

3. The aircraft defaults to a heavily nose-down trim when first loading. Can it start with the trim neutral? 

Edited by STK
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, STK said:

Yes, go into the panel.cfg and change instances of "AS530" to "WT530" in the VCockpit02 section. It's a common "problem" with Carenado's that luckily is a 10 second fix. 

Brilliant, thanks for the pointer on that - I've created a simple Community mod to override the file so I don't even need to change anything in the original folder.

Cheers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Matchstick said:

I've created a simple Community mod to override the file

Is that an involved process?

Would it be possible to walk me through on making this community mod for myself?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Matchstick said:

7 hours ago, STK said:

Interesting. Mine is showing the correct WT GNS and not modded anything on the plane itself. Is it possible that if you still have the additional WT GNS package installed it will redirect all default to the correct latest WT one?

Cheers T.

Well, the typical Carenado model for the Stationair. Is it just me (and thus being wrong) or should this plane not sit lower to the ground if fully loaded, e.g. all seats occupied? I know, it is just around 10$, but nowadays I really like to have those seats occupied by a 3D model, is this implemented here? 

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

8 minutes ago, Torsen said:

Interesting. Mine is showing the correct WT GNS and not modded anything on the plane itself. Is it possible that if you still have the additional WT GNS package installed it will redirect all default to the correct latest WT one?

I've tried it both with and without the additional package and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Definitely odd but at it's least easily fixable