Sign in to follow this  
WestEnd

Captain Sim's one day 9.99$ sale is live

I just received this email. 

I don't think I will buy anything as I already bought their 737, 757 and 767 for P3D in a previous 9.99$ sale.

If you are going to buy from Captain Sim though, today is the day to do it. If you want a 767 or 757 for P3D it is worth it at that price.

Email content copied and pasted below.

"Greetings,

Festivus for the rest of us starts 0000Z, ends 2359Z 22DEC2023. Just for 24 hours everything is 9.99. Join us at: https://www.captainsim.com/store/

Stay tuned,

Captain Sim News"

Calum Watt

Wow 100$ all in one FSX C130  for 10$  a big thankyou to Captainsim  

Edited by XMAN
  • Like 1

If CS gave their stock away, I very much doubt it would inhabit my hangar. I say this, despite the fact that my MSFS is very much populated by mostly freeware.

I do not have a great amount of time for CS or their aircraft.

Regards and Seasons greetings for those who celebrate it.

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

2 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

If CS gave their stock away, I very much doubt it would inhabit my hangar. I say this, despite the fact that my MSFS is very much populated by mostly freeware.

I do not have a great amount of time for CS or their aircraft.

Regards and Seasons greetings for those who celebrate it.

Tony

Same... Quality issues apart, after they promised upgrades for almost all planes to P3Dv4, and then backtracked, I will not buy any product from them again, even at low price. 

20 hours ago, FBW737 said:

I might get the 767-300 base pack

I got the 767 and the 717. I am so ashamed off myself!😭

• Like 1

I have to add ...

YEAAAAA, I have waited so long to miss this sale.

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

2 hours ago, FBW737 said:

Me too! 😆

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

3 hours ago, FBW737 said:

For $10 a piece, it was worth the risk. The only issue I am seeing is really low frame rates.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

17 hours ago, PilotPete99 said:

For $10 a piece, it was worth the risk. The only issue I am seeing is really low frame rates.

Cheers, Pete

I'm happy I bought them just because they Models are very nice. The 717 is very flyable and I've gotten a few liveries from .to. Haven't even loaded up the 767 yet but I'm sure I'll have a similar first impressions opinion. Given what the mod developers are doing these days many be there is a place for a dev. like CS but they should stick to about $10 to $15 as the regular price for these default avionics dependent aircraft. Look at FBW they are developing avionic for a default model aircraft and its freeware. No issues with FPS here.

• Like 2

I should have known I'd regret this. It seem that there is anomalies with all the third party liveries for the 767 since there is no repaint kit because CS want to force us to buy only there repaints! I've downloaded a few from .to and they all have this weird black hexagon like flat plan cutting through the fuselage near the nose. This is the last time I get screwed by CS. Their one born every minute and its me!🤣 Fool me once shame on you. Fool me 6 or 7 times shame on me.

On a positive not the third party repaints for the 717 look great. The can go %%% themselves now!

Edited by FBW737

Bought it too, but I fly 99.9% in VR in the cockpit so repaints aren't a big issue for me. It does look very nice in VR in the cockpit.

• Like 1