Sign in to follow this  
SidekickUBT

FS2024 - Beta Team?

Good question, FWIW this is what they said in June below.. I'm assuming whatever alphas and betas they do will be closed, for select users only.

https://msfsaddons.com/2023/06/25/exclusive-interview-with-jorg-neumann-and-sebastian-wloch-we-are-in-the-pursuit-of-the-perfect-sim/

Vasco: So, you are around a year away from releasing this, is that about right?

Jorg: We have to fly it. That’s sort of the next steps. The SDK has to be released and we have some target dates, but it’s ready when it’s ready. We’re going to ship it out to the developer community as soon as we can.

Some people ask, why did we announce it so early? Well, it’s all relative. As a platform, you have some responsibility to the people that work on the platform. We wanted to give a heads up, “Hey, something new is coming”, and the next step is the tools. It gives them enough time to adjust whatever they want to make adjustments, but they don’t need to adjust anything if they don’t want to. If they want to take advantage of some of the new systems, there’s some work and we give them enough time to do the work.

Then we’ll go in and alpha and beta. We’ll get input from simmers and make sure that the thing is ready to go before we lock in a ship date. We always have a ship date target. But it’s software development. The reality is you have to keep your head a little bit flexible on these things and seeking feedback is key, actually.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 6

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

With respect to a release date......better late and right than too early and word not allowed :wink:

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

15 minutes ago, mryan75 said:

I wonder if they'll include pilots in the beta this time.

I wonder if they'll listen to what the alpha and beta tester tell them this time.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, mryan75 said:

what for if they can have hundreds of thousands serious real hard core avsim forum experts that have up to 40 years of sim experience each in 3 different simulators in all kinds of aircraft. 🤣

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

42 minutes ago, turbomax said:

what for if they can have hundreds of thousands serious real hard core avsim forum experts that have up to 40 years of sim experience each in 3 different simulators in all kinds of aircraft.

Because they miss things that any real-world student pilot would notice. Like pointing the planes the wrong blessed way when parking.

4 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

Good question, FWIW this is what they said in June below..

Len, I'm always so impressed with how you have one heck of a good memory on just about everything related to MSFS. Then, you always have a link ready! It's super helpful and I certainly get caught up on what I've missed when you leave comments. Thanks!

• Like 8

51 minutes ago, mryan75 said:

Because they miss things that any real-world student pilot would notice. Like pointing the planes the wrong blessed way when parking.

and CFIs who notice things student pilot miss LOL

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

38 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

Len, I'm always so impressed with how you have one heck of a good memory on just about everything related to MSFS. Then, you always have a link ready! It's super helpful and I certainly get caught up on what I've missed when you leave comments. Thanks!

Thanks Bdub! Ya guess it's best to always link to the source and rather than misinterpreting/misremembering 😅. Good thing a lot of these interviews, videos, etc are out there on the web and also how MS/Asobo transcribe their Dev Q&A sessions in https://forums.flightsimulator.com/tag/dev-stream-recap, etc

• Like 5

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

and CFIs who notice things student pilot miss LOL

That's what y'all get paid for!😆

3 hours ago, mryan75 said:

I was in the last alpha/beta and I’m a pilot. Not sure that’s relevant though, as has been pointed out here already…

This is a very good question, however you are too early, wait for the second quarter of 2024 for an announcement.
The time it announces a beta date and after a release date, it will be several months so we little speculated on a release not until next summer see September 2024. 

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

28 minutes ago, mryan75 said:

That's what y'all get paid for!😆

Yep and then FAA looks over CFIs and make sure they don't miss things LOL

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI