Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

FSLTL causing CTDs?

It seems that FSLTL makes my MSFS to crash in some areas/airports. E.g. FSLTL loads just fine at KLAS (FlyTampa) but crashes at KBFI (freeware). I have CTDs at some other areas too. I have not yet recognized any systematic that could cause it. Usually, I start MSFS, load a PMDG 737 at the airport before I start FSLTL. Shortly after some ai a/c have been injected the sim crashes. I have also AIG in my community folder, and FSLTL is using AIG liveries too. Any ideas what could be the reason, or suggestions to keep FSLTL working properly?

• Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Have you tried without FSLTL, does it work? If so, clear out everything inside the SceneryIndexes:

Microsoft Store/Xbox App:

C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes

Steam:

C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SceneryIndexes

Also use AddonLinker to ensure Model and Material libs are not duplicating between sceneries

Been using this addon with default settings in the last 3-4 weeks and I never had crashes. 

As suggested, try to fly for a few days without it or reinstall it from scratch to clear any doubt.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 

Me too, never since i have seen causing FSLTL did crash for me.

Maybe it has something to do with that KBFI freeware..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.22H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Some 3rd party airports have bugs in their AFCAD that can lead to CTDs in MSFS with FSLTL or AIG (or any AI traffic tool for that matter). I've personally seen it at the Kuwait freeware and at the Teterboro payware.

Posted (edited)
On 1/4/2024 at 8:30 PM, Nemo said:

It seems that FSLTL makes my MSFS to crash in some areas/airports. E.g. FSLTL loads just fine at KLAS (FlyTampa) but crashes at KBFI (freeware). I have CTDs at some other areas too. I have not yet recognized any systematic that could cause it. Usually, I start MSFS, load a PMDG 737 at the airport before I start FSLTL. Shortly after some ai a/c have been injected the sim crashes. I have also AIG in my community folder, and FSLTL is using AIG liveries too. Any ideas what could be the reason, or suggestions to keep FSLTL working properly?

At my end, with tons of add-ons installed, my msfs crashed when using FSLTL (must not be the cause but maybe it's a conflict) when I have FSLTL installed into my community folder. I have moved FSLTL outside the community folder since a few months and always use it since then and now I don't have ctd anymore caused by some unidentified conflict. The negative side is, that you miss the FSLTL toolbar icon. But for me it's ok

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Could it be that all of the objects in our addon scenery coupled with those in fsltl are falling foul of the object limit (which nobody seems to know what it is or when it is breached) introduced in msfs a while ago?

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

3 hours ago, mpo910 said:

At my end, with tons of add-ons installed, my msfs crashed when using FSLTL (must not be the cause but maybe it's a conflict) when I have FSLTL installed into my community folder. I have moved FSLTL outside the community folder since a few months and always use it since then and now I don't have ctd anymore caused by some unidentified conflict. The negative side is, that you miss the FSLTL toolbar icon. But for me it's ok

I did try that too. Did not help. It seems that my whole installation is corrupted in parts. Many default airports in Austria, parts of Italy and Germany and maybe in in other parts of the world don't show any runway and parking positions. Maybe that's part of the problem. After doing a complete reinstall - the first since nearly 3 years - those default airports are back again showing the usual runway and parking pattern. I'll report back as soon as I have my installation completed with FSLTL and some other add-ons.

• Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

It happens to me too but I only use(d) FS Traffic.  Any traffic causes a very reproducible CTD so I have to fly around the only soul in my simulated planet. 

Jack Sawyer

Posted (edited)

Yes. I would suggest the following 

Config the simconnect exe and change the 64 parameter (allowed client connections). to 128 (all of them!)

Since I did this, my objects are behaving as it should and nothing freezes (Fenix and pmdg displays) and fsltl planes are also not freezing in the air anymore.

If the maximum amount of objects in the sim is reached, the sim eliminated or stops showing every other object that needs to be drawn after. The simconnect.exe freezes as well, ai planes freezes (not move) buildings disappear, runways disappear etc. Cockpit displays freeze. 

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 minute ago, mpo910 said:

Config the simconnect exe and change the 64 parameter (allowed client connections). to 128.

Thanks, but exactly how does one go about doing this?  

Jack Sawyer

7 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Search the file (dont know the location atm because i am not at my pc) and double click the exe (or open with notepad++) and change the parameters 64 in 128 and save the file again afterward. 

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

41 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

This is from the Fenixsim KB:

Microsoft Store:
C:\Users<user_name>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\

Steam:
C:\Users<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\

Open SimConnect.xml and change the setting of all MaxClients entries to 128 and save. Then launch and see if the issue is resolved.

• Like 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitor: 32” ASUS PG32UCDM 240hz 4K | Additional Hardware: HP Reverb G2, TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

On 1/6/2024 at 11:18 AM, mpo910 said:

Search the file (dont know the location atm because i am not at my pc) and double click the exe (or open with notepad++) and change the parameters 64 in 128 and save the file again afterward. 

On 1/6/2024 at 11:53 AM, SierraDelta said:

Microsoft Store:
C:\Users<user_name>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\

Steam:

Open SimConnect.xml and change the setting of all MaxClients entries to 128 and save. Then launch and see if the issue is resolved.

Thanks guys, been busy but I look forward to trying this.

• Like 1

Jack Sawyer

On 1/6/2024 at 11:53 AM, SierraDelta said:

Microsoft Store:

Steam:

On 1/6/2024 at 11:18 AM, mpo910 said:

Thanks guys, I finally had a chance to do this and so far it works.  Haven't spent a lot of time using the sim yet but so far so good.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jack Sawyer