Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Self Loading Cargo: pretty amazing work!

Finally got it up and running w/ airline sound packs and international voice packs.  This is really a well thought thru product obviously a huge amount of work went into it.  It must have taken 10x the work PACX did.  It's integration w/ GSX works quite well.  There is some learning curve, some potential for crashes if you hit a wrong button at the wrong time, but overall it's been quite effective to add a lot of ambience to airliner flights. 

Cheers

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Good to know. I tried the new version 1.6 and it is indeed a good program, but since I am mostly flying turboprops these days, and because I was more looking for an economic simulation, I lost track of SLC. I might try it again, thanks for reminding us.

Peter

I've been looking for a direct comparison between PACX and SLC. I also want to be able to import the audio clips and music from FSPassengers for maximum nostalgia.

I agree with the OP - SLC v1.6.x is outstanding. I'll admit I was very critical of Steve after 1.5 was seemingly abandoned.. but 1.6 is a fantastic piece of work. 

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

27 minutes ago, KL Oo said:

I agree with the OP - SLC v1.6.x is outstanding. I'll admit I was very critical of Steve after 1.5 was seemingly abandoned.. but 1.6 is a fantastic piece of work. 

Exactly, me too. I called him a scammer and other names, but I was wrong: SLC 1.6 is very very good quality. And he keeps on working on it with regular updates, so I think all is good now.

• Like 4

Dollar per dollar, this is possibly the best $22 US I have ever spent on a flight simulation addon. It is so well thought out, immersive, and user friendly. 

1 hour ago, lehbird said:

Dollar per dollar, this is possibly the best $22 US I have ever spent on a flight simulation addon. It is so well thought out, immersive, and user friendly. 

I wholeheartedly agree it's just incredible what this guy has done.  With the incredible amount of interaction of parts to this software, its voice integration, it's multiple features to help the novice get up to speed at a reasonable pace I'm just amazed it's taken me this long to find it, seriously.  I screwed around w/ AirHauler 2 which is fine if you like operating an airline versus flying planes.  Then I added PACX, which must have taken a mere fraction of the time to create as this masterpiece for $22 US.   After AH2 I finally found A Pilot's Life 2, but it's stuck in terms of making changes many users would love to see.   For example I'm sure nearly everyone would love to see the flight scheduler revised and that is very simple thing to address.  It gives users poor control over things like preferred flight lengths, what percentage of Short versus Medium versus Long flight one wants to see in their schedule, what constitutes a Medium versus Short flight because right now the range is ridiculous..  Frequently it duplicates routes that are to be randomly generated w/in the crude controls the user has.  And the end result is you sit there and hit the hit the schedule refresh button over and over until you get something palatable..  I use it for its pilot rating and per flight scoring feature primarily and on every flight now for a year and a half.

Enter SLC.  For me so far about the only area for serious improvement is in the voicings of the various voice packs.  There's something qualitatively different from how an actual in-flight crew speaks (and is recorded for replay), and how the pilot and crew voice packs speak, which I guess are just recorded by very nice folks reading a script.  I'm not sure how you duplicate the real person.  The captain in the FBW A320NX sounds like a plausible captain absolutely.  Whereas in MSFS Azure ATC voice and the recorded pilots for SLC sounds different, and fakey as it were.  I guess it's the fundamental difference of being less formal when talking live, with some personality versus reading what someone wrote down as exactly what to say.  Obviously this is a massive challenge w/ previously conventional means, but with AI coming in that could change dramatically for the better as real recorded pilots and crew will become part of its data set, and will take a simple command to do X, and modify so it sounds/feel/wemulates real speech from real world sources.

Yes for fellow APL & GSX users, SLC is a big plus.  If you like scoring yourself, that game component w/ some meaning, SLC adds a boatload of things to get right, and they parallel what happens in the RW reasonably well I'm sure.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

2 hours ago, lehbird said:

This is how I used to feel about FSPassengers so that's a very helpful review. I just don't want anything like Passengers2. Maybe that's some people's cup of tea, but I want to focus on flying and read flight reports rather than managing food contracts.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Yup Self Loading Cargo has once again ascended into the lead for the passenger simulation in my opinion. I fly on vatsim so I normally just turn the flight attendant announcements down but I understand the difficulty in making them sound genuine for those who wish to listen to them. I have to commend the attention to detail with SLC. Still hoping he adds families but I noticed an unaccompanied minor on a flight which I have never seen in a passenger addon. I toggle my seatbelt sign at 10K feet and that lets the crew know its okay to get to work. PACX for some reason the crew gets up on their own and im still at 6K feet.

I held off with Passenger2 and Im glad I did as it doesnt look like its going the direction I would want in a passenger addon. The lack of customization in particular regarding seatmaps is a big no for me. I also watched a video and the crew blew through service in like 70 seconds. Self Loading Cargo lets you customize that and I have mine set at 13 seconds per passenger. At about 190 passengers that should take about 24 minutes which is more realistic. You cant ask someone what they want to drink or for snacks, Make the beverage and then hand it to them in 1 second....

As for A Pilots Life im not sure why the dev just doesnt allow Senior Captains to pick their own flights and still get paid for it. Its already possible with flight tickets. It doesnt make sense that I wouldnt get paid for flying a route in my own airline. I would then be able to hand create really nice schedules depending on my in real life schedule for the week. Instead of constantly clicking regenerate which isnt anywhere close to realistic pilot life. 

Edited by environmental_ice

I want to emphasize that SLC has a) A LOT of options for customization and flight scoring (yes, it has flight scoring like a VA or A Pilots' life, with the additional comment that it works MUCH better) and b) works very well out of the box.

Hi Everyone, 

I am revisiting SLC since the updtae but I am having a problem seeing the GSX interface option in the door management screen.. I had it when I first installed it and now it seems to have disappeared.. Can anyone help this lost soul out please?

John

11 minutes ago, ejy1 said:

Hi Everyone, 

I am revisiting SLC since the updtae but I am having a problem seeing the GSX interface option in the door management screen.. I had it when I first installed it and now it seems to have disappeared.. Can anyone help this lost soul out please?

John

Reinstall FSUIPC and make sure "WASM" is checked in the installation options.

I tell you this app has totally changed my relationship to flying, which is using APL's routing most of the time.  There is just the right amount of attention required to keep you on top, if you want to score highly that is, so I am way more focused on the entire flight.  Yes, I can turn it over to Otto during certain periods which is great, but otherwise you need to stay in touch w/ your crew, cabin and ground crews to keep them appraised of what's happening.  I had become rather loose w/ scoring in APL, just a matter of a couple of things to stay on top of beyond decent flying behaviors.  But SLC has taken this to a whole new level of adding artificial meaning that is required in a simulator over the RW.  It has a few minor bugs at least w/ PMDG 738 but those are being looked at now.  The dev has been super accommodating with answer questions or fielding possible bug issues to work on.  The interface during flight is a fabulously useful layout with what amounts to checklists to keep you on track until you develop the whole awareness of flight management from gate to gate.  As one gets more familiar and adjusts work flow to accommodate this expanded role as Fiorentoni says is highly customizable to where you can make yourself fully responsible for everything or only those parts you wish to.  Gold Star add-on.

• Like 2

Noel