Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

"QUESTION: Did the FSX Team know that "blurries" were probably our #1 complaint with FS9 and before?"

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

so I'm going to assume that MS did not come across blurry textures when they beta tested FSX or FS9 flying a 737 for over 10 (10) minutes.Tim

Actually guys, this is my bad. I asked them to keep the blurries in. I have bad vision and I thought it would make it more realistic.Sorry, but hey, we'll all look back at this and laugh and laugh some day.

the memo went like this at Microsoft 3 years ago....Developers,When we decide to post screenshots of FSX, only post ground scenery when flying the Cessna or small aircrafts. For big jets, please post only the PLANE and the clouds not the GROUND (ouch). WARNING: Do not even think about posting any shots of military aircraft or "slew mode."Thanks for understanding,Fiber Frame .33PS1: Should we start blogging? If yes, lets throw out some stuff around configuring fsx.cfg like Fiber Frame or Mipbias 6 or lets even throw in some BufferPool stuff. without question, just respond with the following line: "When in doubt, please lower your sliders.'PS2: FSX will run on Directx9 first than we will patch it with Sp1 than Acceleration (Directx10).Good news, Nvidia called and said they like the idea of having video cards for DirectX 10 than having to do another line for 10.1.Also, Intel was delighted to know that Dual Cores will not help FSX and will try to push Quad Core processors to FSX users by 2007. They will not market Quad until early 07. Funny comment by intel at the end of the call, "We will actually have 8 cores by the Fall of 07 but FSX won't even budge."

On a recent (real) Delta MD-88 flight from ATL to DCA, I looked out the window and noticed that the blurries exist in the read world and thought that sometimes the FS world is a bit unrealistic (too well defined) in that way.RH

No-you are off the hook Brian-it is all my fault.I've had better than perfect vision my whole life-but unbeknown to me it started going about a year ago. Spending so much time with fsx I continued to think I had perfect vision-but insidiously the sim was blurring exactly as my eyes changed-and therefore I never realized the truth.Thank god I took a break and tried to read some posts here which suddenly looked blurry and realized the truth of the matter!Or could it be that Internet explorer 7 has the blurries-and fsx is perfect?! Does Microsoft own a eyewear company? I smell a conspiracy theory here somewhere! hmmmmmm :-)http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgForum Moderatorhttp://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Perhaps its just the bad memory of old age, but when the sim was less developed the vocal people seemed happier. We all look for added reality, but no one is prepared for really getting there. The process was fun, but is anyone having fun now? Blurry textures were no problem in fs3.0...the ground was just a uniform green color. Imagine how happy we'd have been back then with a blurry version of today's sim. Yet, here's the interesting part; we were happy then....remember how cool it was to have the airports distance from each other be close to realistic? I remember how fun it was to take off from sea level and land at an altitude of 2000' (even thou we couldn't see the change).Funny isn't it, that the sim provide so many with pleasure when it was just a green field, and so many find unhappiness now that the sim is nearly photoreal. THe dog enjoys chasing the car, but catching it might not be much fun.Bob

Nice shot, where were you flying from (LOL)? On a serious note, when we release FSX, what is the default command for REFRESH SCENERY?We should probably send a memo to the team before the post screenies. BTW-Did you get my memo on not showing Big Jets as screenies?Tim

well, we all know it is the penny-pinchers at MS who decide what planes go in and how texture decompression works in the engine, so you must be correct!At least it's not my fault anymore.You can bet I won't be buying anymore bifocals without checking what ties the manufacturer has to ACES.

>Seriously, David, I've seen Phil's fashion sense and now we>know his real claim to fame. I'd buy his shades in a minute.Loooooooooooooooooool :--)))))))))))))))))))))now we understand that "Fiber Frame" means metal-framed glassesthanks Tim!