Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

FSX Acceleration... no water

Hello everyone,First off it was a pleasure meeting everyone at FANCON over the weekend, thanks to everyone for making it what it was. My son Ryan and I had a fantastic time and we look forward to next year. What follows is a little problem I have encountered after installing FSX Acceleration.I don't remember changing the time to November 12, 2515 or anything for that matter but now I have an abundance of grass and desert textures in and around North America. I have UT USA & Canada and Vancouver+ installed. Pictured below is a shot of Seattle, which I know does not look like this as I drove from there yesterday afternoon. Any ideas? Global_Warming.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I found that Acceleration re-writes the FSX terrain.cfg file. All of the pertinent Vancouver+ entries were gone. I re-ran the installation of Vancouver+ and all is well now. There might be other packages that need this re-install.Lee

There is also a patch for UTX that needs to be run after installing acceleration.Check out the UT forum....Glenn

Instead of re-installing Vancouver+, try doing a "repair" from the Vancouver+ config menu.