Sign in to follow this  
guibru

Golden Age Simulations Releases the Boeing Stearman

Found this:

"As is our custom, we are releasing our Stearman Package as a pre-release discounted offer to the SOH Community members at 18.50 USD which is a 20% discount off the public offering pricing when uploaded to our vendors."

I know GAS sells through Simmarket so it may turn up there in a day or so.

T45

3 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

I've spent a couple of hours searching, trying to find out how to buy the [MSFS] Stearman ... and got nowhere. Any ideas, folks? The original Paypal link no longer works.

Horses mouth.

Its been submitted to SimMarket, Just Flight, and PC Aviator. I expect it will be active on SM first, the other to follow.

T45

20 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

Horses mouth.

Its been submitted to SimMarket, Just Flight, and PC Aviator. I expect it will be active on SM first, the other to follow.

Many thanks!

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

2 hours ago, STK said:

Now available at Simmarket.

... and duly grabbed! 🙂

Unfortunately, it appears that the SimMarket archive is incomplete (or the installer doesn't extract everything correctly). No textures or liveries. Grrrr ....

I've just fired off an email to GAS:

==========================

I *think* it may be an incomplete archive, or the extractor is exiting too early. Looking at the folder in Community, there don't seem to be any textures, liveries etc. My guess is that maybe the archive is an *update* for an already installed aircraft.

I downloaded from all the SimMarket mirror sites (just in case just the one was hosting the incomplete archive) but they all have the same file:

GAS_Boeing_Stearman_MSFS_V1.2.exe
[328 MB (344,121,368 bytes) 336,057 Kb]

@Adamski_NZ

As you also posted on SOH where you had yet a response from GAS, if your concern is resolved, please specify the details on this forum so as not to leave "bad impressions", out of respect for the work of the creator, thanks 😉

Best regards, Didier "Lagaffe"

Boitier HAF 932 / ASUS Z390 STRIX-F Gaming / i9 9900K / Cruxial Ballistic 32 Go à 3200 Ghz / Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti / 34" Samsung FreeSync 21:9
SSD: Samsung 1To + 2 Cruxial 256 Go / Stockage : WD 4To et WD 2 To / Hotas Warthog and Throttle Cougar

I got a quick response from support at GAS (many thanks!!) - recommending that I point the EXE to a temporary location (then copying over) rather than directly into my MSFS Community folder.

That worked fine - and I could see all the folders and files ... yay!! What a beauty!

GAS-Stearman-NZAR-01-1350.jpg?dl=1

For some reason, installing directly into my Community folder did not work - probably because of the usual protection/encryption that folder has ... yet other installs of other aircraft have had no problems. I see the installer EXE also writes an uninstaller exe into the Community folder - could that be the problem? 

I tried the installer again (to Community) with Defender disabled, but that didn't work either. I wonder what's peculiar about my system <??>.

Anyway - many thanks for the excellent support from GAS (and, of course, for the wonderful aircraft)!

Edited by Adamski_NZ

7 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

I got a quick response from support at GAS (many thanks!!) - recommending that I point the EXE to a temporary location rather than directly into my MSFS Community folder.

That worked fine - and I could see all the folders and files ... yay!! What a beauty!

GAS-Stearman-NZAR-01-1350.jpg?dl=1

For some reason, installing directly into my Community folder did not work - probably because of the usual protection/encryption that folder has ... yet other installs of other aircraft have had no problems. I see the installer EXE also writes an uninstaller exe into the Community folder - could that be the problem? 

I tried the installer again (to Community) with Defender disabled, but that didn't work either. I wonder what's peculiar about my system <??>.

Anyway - many thanks to the excellent support from GAS (and, of course, for the wonderful aircraft)!

If you pay attention default installer  path for community folder is missing user name . Basically you have to fill it in and instead of  <user name> in installation path type user name (one you use in Windows for documents and etc). Alternatively you can copy your community folder path and paste it in installer. Or use "browse" function and navigate yourself to community folder via windows explorer.

In my opinion, developer should have used better installation software that can read full path  automatically fill the blanks so people won't get confused! 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

44 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

If you pay attention default installer path for community folder is missing user name . Basically you have to fill it in and instead of  <user name> in installation path type user name (one you use in Windows for documents and etc). Alternatively you can copy your community folder path and paste it in installer. Or use "browse" function and navigate yourself to community folder via windows explorer.

Yes - I did see that, thanks. I actually "browsed" to my Community folder just to be sure ... and it copied some files there before exiting early.

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

n my opinion, developer should have used better installation software that can read full path  automatically fill the blanks so people won't get confused! 

That caught me out on the original install. I was ready for it next time though.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.