Sign in to follow this  
guibru

Golden Age Simulations Releases the Boeing Stearman

For those who are interested. Available now to our followers at a 20% discount https://www.payloadz.com/go/sip?id=3423439

https://youtu.be/dwHH725Jg5M?feature=shared

• Like 3

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

At last a thoroughly modern trainer! Such stamina! Such character!

spacer.png

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, cavaricooper said:

Andy @Stearmandriver please lmk what you think- should you pick her up!

GAS was nice enough to include me in flight model beta testing, and we went through quite a few tweaks to arrive at the final flight model.  I'm a large fan 😉.

General flight is smooth and feels familiar.  Control deflection and response rates are great.  Nice amount of drag at idle, and slipping approaches are a primary maneuver just like in the real plane.  3 pt landings and wheel landings are both very nice.

The 300hp variant being included is great, as it gives you a little more reasonable cruise performance for cross countries.  It also gives you more vertical for aerobatics.

Speaking of aerobatics, it'll spin and snap roll nicely, in addition to more standard loops, rolls and hammerheads.  This makes some fun acro displays / airshows possible.

Recommended.  👍

Edited by Stearmandriver
  • Like 11

Andrew Crowley

Where is this available? Asking for a friend...

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

3 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

GAS was nice enough to include me in flight model beta testing, and we went through quite a few tweaks to arrive at the final flight model.  I'm a large fan 😉.

General flight is smooth and feels familiar.  Control deflection and response rates are great.  Nice amount of drag at idle, and slipping approaches are a primary maneuver just like in the real plane.  3 pt landings and wheel landings are both very nice.

The 300hp variant being included is great, as it gives you a little more reasonable cruise performance for cross countries.  It also gives you more vertical for aerobatics.

Speaking of aerobatics, it'll spin and snap roll nicely, in addition to more standard loops, rolls and hammerheads.  This makes some fun acro displays / airshows possible.

Recommended.  👍

Great news! This MSFS model is very much upgraded graphics from the FSX/P3D version. Thanks for your contributions to the project.

Video has no comments nor place to buy?  Kinda fail as advertising. Link above goes straight to a page asking for my PayPal password…um, no thank you. 

Edited by BufordTX
  • Like 2

AMD 7950x3d, MSI 4090 Supreme Liquid, 64GB@6000 CL30, MSI X670E ACE, 4TB Crucial T700 nvme, MSI AIO, Asus 43" HDR1000, Quest Pro, VKB gunfighter, Bravo throttle, TPR, IBM Model M keyboard, Shure SM58

19 minutes ago, BufordTX said:

Video has no comments nor place to buy?  Kinda fail as advertising. Link above goes straight to a page asking for my PayPal password…um, no thank you. 

The link above if you actually have Paypal credentials saved goes straight to a purchase page through PayPal to Golden Age Simulations, which is this developer. As the video has been only out for a day, I wouldn't expect many comments or anything just yet.

I got it because of Stearmandriver involvement! So I'm blaming my actions  on him LOL Well...I'm absolutely love it! 🙂 300hp one is may favorite so far 

image.png?ex=65b87a3c&is=65a6053c&hm=bd6

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

12 hours ago, Fielder said:

At last a thoroughly modern trainer! Such stamina! Such character!

spacer.png

You know, this is the first time I've ever seen this poster?!  I didn't think there was much historic Stearman material out there I hadn't seen haha... This is great.  Saved.  😁

Andrew Crowley

5 hours ago, BufordTX said:

My understanding is that the current release is sort of a discounted "pre-release" for the crowd of more hardcore simmers who follow forums etc.  It will soon be available more widely, directly from the Golden Age Simulations website etc.

EDIT - I wanted to be certain I did not give the impression this was some sort of "early access"; it is not, it is the completed project.  It's just a promotional release, before it's available to everyone and anyone.  It is a fully completed aircraft.  Sad that you have to clarify that these days, but I guess you do...

Edited by Stearmandriver
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Andrew Crowley

On 1/15/2024 at 1:36 PM, Stearmandriver said:

I was intending to make a Twitch stream highlight showcasing the flight model in the aerobatic regime (the edge of the envelope is where any sim flight model either shines or crumbles, and usually the latter), but this person saved me the time.

Really shows off the plane nicely.  Video segments are labeled so you can skip forward to inside view aerobatics, outside view, landing, whatever you'd like to see.

• Upvote 1

Andrew Crowley

I'm glad I bought this before seeing the video. It's not often I DON'T buy a turkey. I like the way the developer answered in the comments.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

21 minutes ago, conundrum said:

So no discount/pre-release without having a Paypal account?

Seems like.😕

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.