Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Long load time lately

I am seeing the startup stuck on the Installation Manager screen "Checking for updates" again. If I do nothing the sim eventually loads.

This must be on the MS/Asobo end as it seems to be coming and going. 

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

13 hours ago, Dillon said:

??? 😶

Map Enhancement tool on FlightSim.to.  If the slowdowns are caused by MS/Asobo,  downloading the maps through one of the map options in that tool may speed up MSFS starting.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

This is probably a little different than what everyone else was experiencing, as I just completed a major new system build (motherboard, processor, RAM, PS, new SSDs, etc.).  On top of that, I was forced to reinstall FS, as there was an issue with the cloned drive that my original FS install was on.

I must have hit the jackpot on my server access, as I had an average download speed of 240 mbps during the reinstall and had everything back (including WUs) in under 3 hours.  With my old system it took 6-7 min. to start the sim.  In the last couple of days it's averaging 2:40.

I also use AddonsLinker to only load supplements for the aircraft and region I'm flying in.

Randall Rocke

6 hours ago, RandallR said:

This is probably a little different than what everyone else was experiencing, as I just completed a major new system build (motherboard, processor, RAM, PS, new SSDs, etc.).  On top of that, I was forced to reinstall FS, as there was an issue with the cloned drive that my original FS install was on.

I must have hit the jackpot on my server access, as I had an average download speed of 240 mbps during the reinstall and had everything back (including WUs) in under 3 hours.  With my old system it took 6-7 min. to start the sim.  In the last couple of days it's averaging 2:40.

I also use AddonsLinker to only load supplements for the aircraft and region I'm flying in.

I am glad it has improved for you.  It, sounds like the new system build was worth it.  I have just gone through a similar process.  

I have similar load times to you now, but for heavens sake!  2:40 just to get to a few simple HTML screens?  What the hell is the sim doing for that time?  Someone please tell.  Really.  If you know, spill the beans! :smile:

If they got us to the first screen quickly, it could be loading the rest in the background while we are looking round the world map and selecting an airport / weather etc.
I find Asobo really frustrating when it comes to optimisation such as this.  And the scary thing is, they said they optimised the loading a few SU's ago!  :unsure:

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I stand corrected - I just started it up.  It took exactly 2:00 minutes this time.

Randall Rocke

3 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

If they got us to the first screen quickly, it could be loading the rest in the background while we are looking round the world map and selecting an airport / weather etc.

Then, for sure, people would complain because their sim is fired up in 30 secs but it takes another 5min until the "fly" button is available. The sim has to check and then load everything in your community folder. I have currently 483 Addons in there, along with FSLTL and AIG full installations, thousands of planes and textures to be checked and loaded for the sim. I mean, lets put one second for each addon and this would still take 48 seconds to go through. So a loading time of 2mins I consider to be absolutely fine, in my case it is more like 5mins...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

11 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Then, for sure, people would complain because their sim is fired up in 30 secs but it takes another 5min until the "fly" button is available. The sim has to check and then load everything in your community folder. I have currently 483 Addons in there, along with FSLTL and AIG full installations, thousands of planes and textures to be checked and loaded for the sim. I mean, lets put one second for each addon and this would still take 48 seconds to go through. So a loading time of 2mins I consider to be absolutely fine, in my case it is more like 5mins...

After last update loading time have increased; that is what debated here. Exactly same installation from 2 mins to 5 mins; simmers wonder why. Having said that; some addons might affect loading time more than others; is up to what asobo actually change / break. 😁

Edited by arsenal82
  • Upvote 1

Just timed mine, 1:59 till the Main Menu

Paused while selecting airport and gate (Inibuilds EGLL, 509), then another 26 seconds to load the Fenix A320, absolutely acceptable in my book.

My community folder contains:
- AIG (about 200 airlies)
- Fenix A320
- GSX Pro
- Navigraph
- Rex Accuseason Advanced
- The Mobiflight-event-module (used by Fenix2GSX)
- 2 airports (Inibuilds EGLL, Simwings GCTS)

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

1 minute ago, arsenal82 said:

After last update loading time have increased; that is what debated here.

Not for me.

• Like 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

7 minutes ago, arsenal82 said:

After last update loading time have increased; that is what debated here. 

Sure, my comment was more general. No increase in loading times observed on my end...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

You are absolutely right. With some addons installed there is no difference; tested others; load time increase;  longer than before the update. Seem like some addons have more impact than others.

9 minutes ago, arsenal82 said:

You are absolutely right. With some addons installed there is no difference; tested others; load time increase;  longer than before the update. Seem like some addons have more impact than others.

Yesterday I took everything out of my Community folder and loaded up the sim basically in a virgin state. I did this a few times for good measure. The load time was almost the same as it was with a packed community folder. This is truly a FS specific problem.  To your point some add-ons can affect load times but the bulk of this problem is the sim itself.🧐

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Can anyone posting on this thread having long loading times please share their results when using the google maps mod ?   

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

Yesterday I took everything out of my Community folder and loaded up the sim basically in a virgin state. I did this a few times for good measure. The load time was almost the same as it was with a packed community folder. This is truly a FS specific problem.  To your point some add-ons can affect load times but the bulk of this problem is the sim itself.🧐

interesting; I empty community folder and loading  time far better than with addon in it.

2 hours ago, AnkH said:

No but it wouldn't be.  I take about 2 minutes to set up a flight.  You are a software developer aren't you AnkH? 

Surely it is possible to do background loading of the core files while giving us the opportunity to browse while we are looking around the world map. 

Then once the aircraft and livery has been selected, that could be loading while we look at the airport and flight plan, or vice versa.  Is that asking to much or beyond the bounds of possibility?

I also think the constant scanning of add-ons when loading takes too long.  I have a freeware program that can tell me any file changes on a whole drive within a split second. 
So why does it have to keep re-scanning / re-indexing?  Can't it do incremental indexing?  Serious questions here.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.