Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Long load time lately

I'm seeing long load times lately.  Any advice outside of uninstalling add-ons that I can do to clean-up whatever is causing the slowdown?

• Like 2

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

nothing new!

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

6 hours ago, Tony P said:

Google maps solves this issue.  

??? 😶

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I believe this was the result of the last sim update.  Maybe ASOBO can resolve it in SU15.

It may also relate to a slowdown of the MS servers which don't seem to have been fit for purpose for a while now. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

The load times have been very poor from the start. 

I am not on about when starting a flight (which I can understand when loading in the aircraft and scenery etc.), but just the loading time to the first screen is ridiculous. 
What the hell is the sim doing for all that time just to get to some simple HTML pages? 

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

At some point about a month or two ago, loading slowed to a crawl. I deleted the (not terribly full) Community folder and restarted the sim. Loading time was restored to two minutes plus. Repopulated the Community folder with those add-ons that I actually need/use these days, and it's still around three minutes. 

No more problems.

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

With a recent clean install (14 days ago), i have never seen faster loading times since the beginning in 2020.

• Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

47 minutes ago, Lange_666 said:

With a recent clean install (14 days ago), i have never seen faster loading times since the beginning in 2020.

I'm doing that at the moment - a clean install.  I have a 2Gb/sec all optical router and the PC ethernet directly plugged into the back of it.  The download started off OK (relatively) getting up to a blistering 300Mbit/sec.  But now it's dropped to its more normal speed of 2.0 - 2.5 Mbit/ second.     

Every 20 mins or so it has a burst of enthusiasm and gets up to 200Mbit/sec for a few seconds - but then thinks better about it and winds down progressively over 30 secs or so back down to its preferred 2.5Mbit/sec.

I had hoped, in that the behaviour is always like this during a Mandatory Updates, that it was that all users being updated across the world at the same time.  But no - it's all the time.

I'll just go and have a look at how that well that wet paint is drying while I'm waiting.  Should be ready for a second coat tomorrow - at least that's getting a pace on! :smile: 

I have no expectation that my normal start up will be any faster once it is finally ready to run, but at least your post, @Lange_666 , gives me a glimmer of hope to cling on

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

It's weird I started having issues with the sim loading yesterday afternoon, it would sit at the instalaltion manager screen checking for updates for ages, I even had issues with my PMDG 737 not loading. Everything was fine in the morning.

Maybe something was going on with the servers or even the interweb lol Today everything seems normal again

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

These past couple of sim updates have slowed loading times drastically. Even with addons prior SUs the sim was still much more snappy on loading times.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Just double checked. About 3 1/2 minutes to get to the main screen, on the first load since system start. It's been that way since 2020. And that's with my "normal" Community folder contents.

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor