Sign in to follow this  
turbomax

ATR 42/72 -600 updated v. 1.0.36

23 hours ago, vonmar said:

Now that you know the ATR has DME.

I'm guessing you've missed a few posts since you were last here interpreting "DME" as meaning a legacy, analogue DME device (that measures distances from the air to a ground station).   We've determined that @mryan was discussing reported distances as a comparative between the ATR and all other aircraft. The device that is measuring (whether an analogue DME device, or more modern GPS-derived distance data, is irrelevent.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

5 hours ago, mryan75 said:
6 hours ago, martinboehme said:

If you follow the RNP RWY 11 guidance at TNCC all the way down to 50 feet AAL, where do you end up? Is it about 0.4 nm past the threshold?

In this particular case it brought to the threshold of the physical runway, in other words the start of the displaced threshold.

Hm, so much for that theory then... 

On 1/19/2024 at 6:18 PM, Adamski_NZ said:

I'm getting a sound loop when parking after a flight and shutting the engines down. Sounds like the landing gear. If I go into external  view, I see the wheels bouncing up an down (even with chocks on). Anyone else?

I am having exactly same issue , but only some turn around trip . I think about on the third leg . Couldn’t find how to stop it but restart the whole thing . 

Just out of curiosity, have these distance measuring quirks been reported at the official forums ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

One thing I'm very surprised nobody is talking about, is the VNAV deviation bar. For me, it seems to only show the deviation of the current VS to the target VS. Based on the FCOM, I understand that it should however show the deviation to the VNAV path in feet (Like any other aircraft). I can fly above or below the VNAV path and the FMC also never shows any significant deviation. 
Did I understand the VNAV deviation bar wrong, am I the only one with this issue or do you all just live with it?

43 minutes ago, falcon71 said:

One thing I'm very surprised nobody is talking about, is the VNAV deviation bar. For me, it seems to only show the deviation of the current VS to the target VS. Based on the FCOM, I understand that it should however show the deviation to the VNAV path in feet (Like any other aircraft). I can fly above or below the VNAV path and the FMC also never shows any significant deviation. 
Did I understand the VNAV deviation bar wrong, am I the only one with this issue or do you all just live with it?

Confirm it doesn't show a magenta VNAV indicator to the *left* of the altitude tape?

4 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Confirm it doesn't show a magenta VNAV indicator to the *left* of the altitude tape?

It does show. But for me, it shows the VS deviation. When I'm above the path and I pitch down to the target VS, it shows on track, even though I would be still above the path. I was expecting it to still show that I would be above the path.

On 1/19/2024 at 8:18 AM, Adamski_NZ said:

I'm getting a sound loop when parking after a flight and shutting the engines down. Sounds like the landing gear. If I go into external  view, I see the wheels bouncing up an down (even with chocks on). Anyone else?

Do you still have this issue? Are you using GSX? I saw this issue whenever I connected GSX (i.e. requested de-boarding) without the wheel chocks set. Now that I always set the wheel chocks before requesting anything from GSX I haven't seen this anymore.

10 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Do you still have this issue? Are you using GSX? I saw this issue whenever I connected GSX (i.e. requested de-boarding) without the wheel chocks set. Now that I always set the wheel chocks before requesting anything from GSX I haven't seen this anymore.

Still getting it, I'm afraid - even with GSX inactive (though it's still installed).

In external view, I can see the gear bouncing up and down (when I rotate the view slightly) - as if they're being raised/lowered - with or without chocks in place.

Edited by Adamski_NZ

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

I am new to ATR but am having this exact same issue (the gear bouncing up and down).  This is a brand new installation of MSFS with only Fenix A320 and GSX installed.  The issue appears for me as soon as I'm in the cockpit, you can hear the hydraulics from the landing gear (sounds like someone thumping on the haul) and it's constant, none stop.  To troubleshoot, I renamed the Community Folder so it won't load GSX or Fenix.  This is as barebone as it gets and the problem still happens.  I'm out of ideas at this point since this is also a new installation of Windows 11 from a week ago.  I just want to suppress so I can learn how to fly this plane.  Any suggestions or recommendations is appreciated!!