Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

What are the best photogrammetry regions in MSFS?

After our London discussion (of how bad it looks),  I was wondering what's everyone's take on the best regions in MSFS for photogrammetry?  Here's my list so far:

1. The State of Florida

2. The South West US (California, Arizona, Utah, etc)

3. PNW (Pacific Northwest - US)

4. Hawaii

Would love to here were the best flying locations are worldwide in the sim.🍺  We more than have enough locations that leave allot to be desired.😌

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Northern Italy including Venice up into Austria and along the Mediterranean coast around the cote d'azur.

Fabulous!

• Like 2

New York is pretty decent as are the cities that have been updated by the World updates (except London) and more recently by City updates.  I particularly like flying around the principal cities of Germany and there are plenty of those to explore.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Copenhagen (just head north from EKCH) is amazing.

• Like 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Are we talking about photogrammetry or about regions? If I am not fully mistaken, none of the regions mentioned here have 100% photogrammetry coverage...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

35 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Are we talking about photogrammetry or about regions? If I am not fully mistaken, none of the regions mentioned here have 100% photogrammetry coverage...

I'm talking about regions where photogrammetry is rendered in the highest quality.  Some people are listing cities here but that's not what I'm asking.  Florida for example from the Georgia boarder to Key West is rendered in detail not found in many other areas (some remote areas are the exception which is to be expected).  Yes focused cities have this and has been discussed before but not whole regions.  I'm curious how many other countries and/or large areas have this level of detail.  Australia for the most part has this level of detail but not many other regions.🧐

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

1 hour ago, cianpars said:

New York is pretty decent as are the cities that have been updated by the World updates (except London) and more recently by City updates.  I particularly like flying around the principal cities of Germany and there are plenty of those to explore.

I used the example of Florida as we do have areas in the sim where the detail goes beyond limited cities. So in essence the question is about regions/countries etc. not cities.🙂

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

20 minutes ago, Dillon said:

I used the example of Florida as we do have areas in the sim where the detail goes beyond limited cities. So in essence the question is about regions/countries etc. not cities.🙂

Photogrammetry covers cities rather than entire regions but Germany has most of its main cities covered.

I've never seen any photogrammetry outside of the few citiest hat have been covered.

Are you asking about photogrammetry or Bing Maps coverage?

I'm hoping that ASOBO might do a bit more for the British Isles apart from correcting the mess that is London, major cities like Glasgow, Edinburgh, Belfast and Dublin would be decent additions.

Edited by cianpars

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

3 minutes ago, cianpars said:

Photogrammetry covers cities rather than entire regions but Germany has most of its main cities covered.

I've never seen any photogrammetry outside of the few citiest hat have been covered.

Are you asking about photogrammetry or Bing Maps coverage?

O.k., maybe I used the wrong term.  Take a low lever flight from Jacksonville to Daytona.  See how detailed the streets and neighborhoods are.  The same can be said about the whole Gold Coast of Australia.  What areas around the world have that level of detail flying from one city to another?😶  Maybe it's a Bing maps thing.🤪

FS2020 

Could that be because the number of houses/building is limited and appear more realistic in some areas then in others?

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

UK (particularly London) is the worst for photogrammetry.

I generally find cities which have square/ rectangular buildings and more of a grid iron layout looks better along with the recent WU PG cities/

Edited by AppleUK

10900KF @ 5.2Ghz, 2070 Super, 32GB 3200Mhz, Gigabyte M28U 4K Monitor - MSFS: Terrain LOD: 200, Object LOD: 100

AU and NZ are crispy clear. Much better than NA or EU

• Like 1

IMHO, those that are turned off. 😁☺️

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home