Sign in to follow this  
FBW737

Captain sim 767 liveries

Does anyone know which captainsim 767 liveries on Flightsimto actually work? I've downloaded about 10 of them and non of them actually work. They all have a black halo around the fuselage just behind the flight deck. Only one didn't but is just black around the fuselage at the wing root. I don't know why the authors even upload them when none of them actually work. Anyway if anyone can direct me to even one that works that would be great. I'm loath to give CS another single penny of my hard earned cash.

Sorry for your very understandable frustration.

From what I understand, this livery issue is a situation of CS's own making when they elected to restrict talented third party painters to work on this latest iteration.

• Like 1

This belongs to a thread about the CS B777 but applies the same for the CS B767.

spacer.png

retitled this topic and hid a bunch of bickering back and forth.  

• Like 5

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Ah! The Papa Tango approach. Most of the older members remember how that ended... and it wasn't good. Microsoft also tried that approach with FS2004(??) where the SDK EULA stated that anything created with the SDK belonged to Microsoft. That didn't end well either - they were forced to back down.

Edited by dragonflightdesign
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, FBW737 said:

Does anyone know which captainsim 767 liveries on Flightsimto actually work?

Air France 1990 400ER
Lufthansa 1980 400ER
Icelandair 400ER
all work well.
Some of the repaints are for the 400ER and some for the 300ER, could that be it?

30 minutes ago, Reader said:

Air France 1990 400ER
Lufthansa 1980 400ER
Icelandair 400ER
all work well.
Some of the repaints are for the 400ER and some for the 300ER, could that be it?

No that's not it. they just go into the community folder and they do show up under liveries in the MSFS UI for the aircraft and load into the sim but have the issues I described in the original post. I thing I've already tried the ones you've listed except the Iceland. But I have a look thanks

no doubt it's a bad look by CS to attempt to lock down 3rd party livery's.  

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

42 minutes ago, micstatic said:

no doubt it's a bad look by CS to attempt to lock down 3rd party livery's.  

It really is, I’ve never even heard of a developer doing this. Terrible look.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

PP - look up Peter Tisma aka Papa Tango. As I said, it didn't end well. A story that I haven't shared until now - Papa Tango were desparate to regain the ground that they had lost and after the release of my SD-360-300 as freeware they contacted me with a view to creating a fully-fledged commercial version. Only the emails were not from Papa Tango or Peter Tisma; they were from a Douglas-somebody with an address I'd never heard of, but (IIRC and it was twenty-odd years ago) the company that he was speaking for was relatively well known at the time. Negotiations went ahead, the money on offer was very good and I was on the edge of agreeing the contract when Douglas slipped up and sent an email from Papa Tango's address. Yeah well. I pulled out of that negotation faster than (insert your own expression here because the one I had in mind would not be viewed favourably by the moderators). No amount of money was going to get me tangled up with that company.

Edited by dragonflightdesign
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, dragonflightdesign said:

PP - look up Peter Tisma aka Papa Tango. As I said, it didn't end well.

Remember him and Ariane well....The only commercial member that I recall that ever got kicked off Avsim.  Tom HATED him with a passion.

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I remember back in the day the odd good lite CS addon in FSX and P3D. Am i wrong or did they promo "lite"? I also remember numerous occasions being very annoyed with some moves they made. I just remember being annoyed and not what I was annoyed about! It's a common theme in the inevitable thread that arises every year for their 24h 9.99 sale that there are 100 post saying CS addons aren't worth $9.99. I authored some of those posts! 🤣 "Well, They are but not much more". They remind me of a dog with a bone. Clearly they are very good at making very nice, good looking and compelling models and VC's which is no small accomplishment. But can't do system to even a basic level never mind study. Not a problem. Anyone who has been around FS for sometime knows this is the real challenge. If they had any sense they would just do the Models and sell them as lite at an appropriate price. They could dish them out one after another and just let the Mod community do there thing. If they did that everyone would love and support them. Look at FBW. But Like I said, They are like a dog with a bone. Their last 9.99 sale I bought the 727 and 767 just for nostalgia and expected nothing in terms of systems or flight dymanics. I'm glad I bought the 727 its fun. I might have even paid $20 for it and the free liveries work. It grinds my gears that I'll have to buy 1 livery pack to complete the 767. If these clowns just stock to what they are good at I think they would do a lot better and get much better press. If they released a 707 model and VC to the same standard as the 727 or 767 and just used the closest instrument and Flight dynamics available in the sim I'd happily pay $20 to $30 for it so long as the artist are let lose on it. I understand this. Over the years I've had lots of friends and acquaintances who I described as their own worst enemy. That's what CS is. Their own worst enemy.

Stick to what you are good at and don't shot yourself in the foot!

Edited by FBW737
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Their decision to ban 3rd party liveries was a head scratcher.  Agree, why not sell their models and have the community improve on them with cockpit / systems fidelity.  They really do make fantastic models that look great. 

I still fly their planes in P3d, and while they were never top tier, they are very flyable with decent systems that at least try to simulate the actual planes.  I don’t know what the heck they’ve been doing in recent years and I will not buy their planes for msfs, not even for $9.99

Edited by okupton
  • Like 1

Orman

The question was: 

Does anyone know which captainsim 767 liveries on Flightsimto actually work?

The seven liveries at Flightsim.to for the CS 767 400ER and the CS 717 for MSFS, that I have downloaded and installed, all work.
My guess is that the problem that is the subject of this topic is local, rather than universal.

Free liveries seem to have been deliberately broken by CS at least for the 300ER - as stated either a black collar behind the cockpit or the middle fuselage being black.
However you CAN overwrite the House livery in the Captain sim folder (texture.CS) to get one livery at a time working (two counting 4door and 6 door variants) - the exact same livery works from the texture.cs folder but is broken from any other folder.

Maybe by the 400 they had given up on blocking liveries.

There is a recent thread where this was discussed  https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/640879-improving-the-captain-sim-767-300/?tab=comments#comment-5049389

Also how to get the 767 at least flyable ... which I think I achieved but not really satisfying, and as I wanted a good 757 experience and the FlightFactor 757 was on sale I went for that and it's excellent (and liveries work).
Of course it's for X****e not MSFS, but for me the combination of real LiveTraffic and better VR clarity and performance yields a better Airliner experience so I'm happy 🙂