Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Coming Up Next in SU15 | Less Stutters, Pauses & More

3 minutes ago, chapstick said:

Lowering TLOD and OLOD doesn’t really help

Of course it helps.

Stutters occur when your PC is momentarily overwhelmed with data. By reducing TLOD and OLOD to say, 80 (or less) at about 110 feet AGL using the app, the sim will load far fewer objects (data) at a critical phase of your flight and stutters are eliminated.

Yes, the proper solution is for Asobo to work on the sim's coding with data management and LODs, rather than this 'hack'.

Yet, the DynamicLOD app is a free, easy and highly customisable way to prevent people from tearing their hair out/purchasing expensive PC hardware upgrades/rage quitting MSFS in the meantime.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

On 2/5/2024 at 7:55 PM, Lucky38i said:

I think you hugely overestimate the capabilities of Copilot and other AI code generation solutions. Having used them myself their nice tools to reduce workload a little in simplistic environments, not integrate FSR3 in a custom game engine. There's still a lot of work to be done here to getting this integrated in a native manner

I know exactly what it does and I've used it.  To suggest it is only for trivial purposes in "simplistic environments" could not be more wrong.

Other 3d titles such as Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and Starfield are already getting official FSR 3 updates!

I continue to expect that Asobo will deliver official FSR 3 patch with SU15 on the March 12 release date.  

In the meantime you may want to do some reading / research.

5 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

Of course it helps.

Not. On. My. Machine. 

Thanks though. 

1 minute ago, chapstick said:

Not. On. My. Machine. 

Thanks though. 

55 page-thread (and counting) of people using DynamicLOD and what a game changer it has been for them.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

7 minutes ago, chapstick said:

Not. On. My. Machine. 

Thanks though. 

Have you even tried it? Your post above suggests not when you say you tried with 100, have you tried with a lower value?

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

3 hours ago, Greazer said:

I know exactly what it does and I've used it.  To suggest it is only for trivial purposes in "simplistic environments" could not be more wrong.

You can't seriously think Github Copilot can just magically formulate the code necessary to integrate FSR3 into a custom game engine without any development input right?

3 hours ago, Greazer said:

Other 3d titles such as Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and Starfield are already getting official FSR 3 updates!

I continue to expect that Asobo will deliver official FSR 3 patch with SU15 on the March 12 release date.  

That's fine you can expect that, but there's has no been no guarantee of that happening. So you're setting yourself up for dissapointment over a feature you expect but was never told you'd have by a given date. It's great that other games have it, Asobo has already said they have plans to provide it, so I'm not really sure what more you want to here.

4 hours ago, Greazer said:

In the meantime you may want to do some reading / research.

I'm going to ignore this slight at my understanding of AI tools.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Lucky38i said:

You can't seriously think Github Copilot can just magically formulate the code necessary to integrate FSR3 into a custom game engine without any development input right?

That's fine you can expect that, but there's has no been no guarantee of that happening. So you're setting yourself up for dissapointment over a feature you expect but was never told you'd have by a given date. It's great that other games have it, Asobo has already said they have plans to provide it, so I'm not really sure what more you want to here.

I never said anything of a guarantee. I said what I expect.  The expectation is based on reasons already posted above. And considering that other game studios have already released patches for FSR 3. 

Now if Asobo don't deliver said feature on the release date then tough cookies.  But I expect they will deliver.

On 2/5/2024 at 11:25 AM, Noel said:

They've made a point to leapfrog the two rivals and are about to do it again.  

Very well said.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

On 2/11/2024 at 6:15 AM, chapstick said:

Not. On. My. Machine. 

Thanks though. 

Can't really fly without it now that I've seen what it does. I don't have a high end fancy system (I have too many hobbies) but this really helps with performance.

What I also look forward to is the world hub. Instead of generic airports, which are still an improvement from other sims I guess, we can get something better. I love the payware and freeware options however. Nobody wants to download 7 libraries for an airport haha

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---