Sign in to follow this  
ThomseN_inc

Which Dreamliner to chose? Opinions and advices please!

Good morning,

Coming from PMDGs great 737 i'd like to take the plunge starting to fly the 787. To keep it simple, i'd like to know which of the three available options (WT/Asobo, Horizon, Kuro) has the most in depth systems and flight model. You know what i mean.

Aesthetically i'd prefer Kuros -8. For me it has just the best proportions. But i read that its flight model has its quirks.

My next option would be Horizons -9 but i am unsure if it has the same systems as the -10 by WT. Is it basically using the same?

Least favorable option for me is the -10 (going by the looks) but i would take that if it has the most advanced systems.

So i am open for your opinions and advices which of the three would be the one to go.

Thank you in advance!

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

They are all based on WT work, so is the same depth. It comes to down to which one you prefer (-8, -9 or -10)

• Like 6

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

They are all based on the WT 787-10, so it doesn't matter much. The systems are 100% identical. I fly all three of them.

The -9 is the most common in real world, so you might wan to start with that.

The issues with the -8 have been solved some time ago.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

They are all based on the WT 787-10, so it doesn't matter much. The systems are 100% identical. I fly all three of them.

The -9 is the most common in real world, so you might wan to start with that.

Thanks for that! So are the issues with the flight model solved for the Kuro one?

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

2 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

What issues and what's been fixed?

1 hour ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Thanks for that! So are the issues with the flight model solved for the Kuro one?

If you mean the failing climb rate over 20000 ft: Yes. Not sure what else you mean.

B787-900 🍺

• Like 2

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

25 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

If you mean the failing climb rate over 20000 ft: Yes. Not sure what else you mean.

Some people mentioned weird trim behaviour on takeoff and stuff like that. I am only referring  to the comments on .to.

You have to rotate VERY slowly otherwise the nose rears up and you get a tail strike, not every time, but most times for me at least.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

The takeoff rotate is very sensitive on the -8 and -9 otherwise they are great planes, haven’t tried the 10 though 

35 minutes ago, bobrbend said:

New to this. Where do you get the WC 787's?

Thanks.

They come with the Premium Deluxe version of MSFS.

Bert

On 2/3/2024 at 10:06 AM, FormulaJet said:

The takeoff rotate is very sensitive on the -8 and -9 otherwise they are great planes, haven’t tried the 10 though 

ANYONE:  I do have trouble transitioning from takeoff to turning the AP on and according to a RW pilot of the X AP can be enabled as early as 200' off the ground--but its rarely smooth.  Is this just the current state of the X or am I doing something wrong, and I'll guess it's the latter.

Thanks

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

On 2/3/2024 at 5:59 PM, bobrbend said:

New to this. Where do you get the WC 787's?

Thanks.

The -10 you get with the Premium Deluxe, the -8 and -9 on flightsim.to (Premium Deluxe still needed).

1 hour ago, Noel said:

ANYONE:  I do have trouble transitioning from takeoff to turning the AP on and according to a RW pilot of the X AP can be enabled as early as 200' off the ground--but its rarely smooth.  Is this just the current state of the X or am I doing something wrong, and I'll guess it's the latter.

Thanks

As I remember correctly it is 400ft RA, for smooth AP engagement check your Trim-Setting on MFD, I've got the best results when using the FMC calculated values for V-Speeds and Trim, EFB sometimes give me wrong speeds. In general the AP functions are sometimes not correct modelled, e.g. for VNAV CLB or DESC the plane is adding / loosing speed or climbs / descents, should be a combination of both, the APP Button is useable only when within GS range, should be selectable for LOC capture, without using LOC button. Since last update I can not engage Autobrake during descent when from cold&dark, only RTO is selectable inflight, should be vice versa, the Status Messages sometimes not appearing on EICAS.... And last I could not find a working H:event for the Seat Belts Rotary to assign... Writing this for 788 and 789, -10 not tried, but all in all it's a nice plane with modelled HUD and WX and exept the missing RTE2 option for ETOPS planning the FMC is working correct. So VNAV and some FMC/AP items should be refined, I'm happy to have it, and it is freeware for the premium deluxe version. Best regards

Ralf Andreas