Sign in to follow this  
GoranM

Official. XP12 has outsold XP11!

According to Laminar and part of their slides from the Montreal conference, X-Plane 12 has, in just under 18 months, outsold X-Plane 11 by 12%.

This is great news, and coupled with the new in game marketplace, this will put to rest any doubts about X-Plane's future.  

Feel free to download the PDF, and scroll down to Page 6.

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 4

Not bad for a dying, final-nail-in-the-coffin platform :cool:

• Like 12
  • Upvote 5

XP12 wont Die, its only getting better overtime. Microsoft probably has 100 x times the budget , don't forget Microsoft abandoned us for years. I enjoy flying both sims

Edited by jason74
ad
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Jason Richards

Amazing! XP11 was a very succesfull sim and on par with P3D a few years ago. And now they could even outperform the number of users of XP11 in a way shorter time, although it was supposed to be „killed“ by that other one? It‘s difficult to do it better 😊

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

1 hour ago, GoranM said:

Feel free to download the PDF, and scroll down to Page 6.

I couldn't find it. When i login via my Google-account it says that there is no such file. Do you think you could perhaps make a print-screen of that page and copy it here?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Franz007 said:

I couldn't find it. When i login via my Google-account it says that there is no such file. Do you think you could perhaps make a print-screen of that page and copy it here?

That's weird.  Ok, here's a screenshot of the page.  What happens when you just click the link?  It SHOULD open a new tab and show the PDF.

Let me know if it works.

Edited by GoranM

3 minutes ago, GoranM said:

That's weird.  Ok, here's a screenshot of the page.

Let me know if it works.

Thank you for your help. But still the same: "this path doesn't exist"...but if it works for the others it must be on my side.

1 hour ago, GoranM said:

According to Laminar and part of their slides from the Montreal conference, X-Plane 12 has, in just under 18 months, outsold X-Plane 11 by 12%.

This is great news, and coupled with the new in game marketplace, this will put to rest any doubts about X-Plane's future.  

Really nice to see this! Hope they sell a ton more copies of it over the years! 👍

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Really like the idea of an in game marketplace as well. 

• Like 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Thats great.... X-Plane has come a really long way since I started at the end of Version 4!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

"It's ALL about Flying"

i7-9700k @5ghz | 32gb Gskill Ripjaw 5 DDR4 3000 | Nvidia RTX 4080 | W10 Pro | Samsung 32" 4K TV 

They were not kidding when they said it is the most successful one to date eh?

Are there any numbers regarding X-Plane 11 sales btw? Did Austin let a number slip at some point about v11 since it's launch in 2017? 

7 hours ago, Swe_Richard said:

Really nice to see this! Hope they sell a ton more copies of it over the years! 👍

Based on what's coming, especially for graphics, performance & scenery, I have a strong feeling this is only the beginning.

They really were not joking about the next gen "glorious future".

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Swe_Richard said:

Really like the idea of an in game marketplace as well. 

It is a good thing for new users until they are able to navigate around the community. Its a good start to get them going and for the developers to get some early exposure.

Edited by BobFS88
  • Like 2