Sign in to follow this  
rondon9898

What on earth has happened to all my settings?

Hi folks - has there been an update to MSFS? Every single one of my controls settings is wiped out and my profiles are gone, all my display settings gone, all the other settings to get rid of MSFS annoying features have all been reset. What on earth is going on? It’ll probably take me hours to reset all that again. Is there any way of retrieving my settings?

Any help appreciated, thanks all

Haven't had this for quite some time now but I had this issue in my first year with MSFS on every update.
I don't know what I did wrong back then. I don't think I do anything different now, but the only thing that's getting reset is from full screen mode to windowed.
I just have to set full screen again and that's it.

What I did at some point in the past was recording a video of my perfectly smooth settings quick and dirty using just my phone to have my settings on hand when they get reset again.
Seems like MSFS noticed that I was recording them... it's all good since then.

I had that problem monday, after a flight without any problem, two hours later i restart ms20, seem encounter a bug but finally arrived on my airport this is at the moment to start the plane during push back i saw my bravo setting upside down.

No update last monday...

Frédéric Giraud

Isn't there an XML file you can save?  I've not had this happen but don't look forward to it if it ever happens!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

46 minutes ago, rondon9898 said:

Hi folks - has there been an update to MSFS? Every single one of my controls settings is wiped out and my profiles are gone, all my display settings gone, all the other settings to get rid of MSFS annoying features have all been reset. What on earth is going on? It’ll probably take me hours to reset all that again. Is there any way of retrieving my settings?

Any help appreciated, thanks all

This might not be just an MSFS thing. There was a Windows update this week on 13 or 14 Feb, for Win10 and 11. I am using P3D 5.4 and yesterday I found all controls and settings in my cockpit were wiped out. That's about 200 functions. I had to use system recovery to get anything working. Microsoft seems to have a problem with any updates.

John B

Glad I'm not the only one as well. I had the same thing happen and found this little trick (From Les O'Reilly) for restoring your controller profiles (for STEAM installations only). It worked for me, try it:

1: Exit the game 2: Unplug your controller 3: Start the game up from Steam 4: Plug the controller in when you get to the main menu 5: When the dialog box pops up, select the option that allows you to modify the profile (NOT "default", select the other option).

You should have all your profiles back, usually "cloud" stored.

Oh ya, there is a video as well (basically for the Microsoft Install):

Edited by TomCYYZ
  • Like 4

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

thanks for posting. works on the store version for me just as well, using the exact same path:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Version Num="2753"/>
<FriendlyName PlatformAvailability="1">Bravo Throttle Quadrant profile Tecnam 2012</FriendlyName>
<Device DeviceName="Bravo Throttle Quadrant" GUID="{83573940-E851-11ED-8001-444553540000}" ProductID="6401" CompositeID="0">
    <Axes>
        <Axis AxisName="X" AxisSensitivy="0" AxisSensitivyMinus="0" AxisNeutral="0" AxisDeadZone="0" AxisOutDeadZone="0" AxisResponseRate="-1"/>
        <Axis AxisName="Y" AxisSensitivy="0" AxisSensitivyMinus="0" AxisNeutral="0" AxisDeadZone="0" AxisOutDeadZone="0" AxisResponseRate="-1"/>
        <Axis AxisName="Z" AxisSensitivy="0" AxisSensitivyMinus="0" AxisNeutral="0" AxisDeadZone="0" AxisOutDeadZone="0" AxisResponseRate="-1"/>
        <Axis AxisName="rX" AxisSensitivy="0" AxisSensitivyMinus="0" AxisNeutral="0" AxisDeadZone="0" AxisOutDeadZone="0" AxisResponseRate="-1"/>
        <Axis AxisName="rY" AxisSensitivy="0" AxisSensitivyMinus="0" AxisNeutral="0" AxisDeadZone="0" AxisOutDeadZone="0" AxisResponseRate="-1"/>
        <Axis AxisName="rZ" AxisSensitivy="0" AxisSensitivyMinus="0" AxisNeutral="0" AxisDeadZone="0" AxisOutDeadZone="0" AxisResponseRate="-1"/>
    </Axes>
    <Context ContextName="PLANE">
        <Action ActionName="KEY_AP_MASTER" Flag="2">
            <Primary>
                <KEY Information="Joystick Button 8">7</KEY>

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Frustrating when it happens!

Edited by JYW

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

When I downloaded the Dune update, all the control settings were set for the Ornithopter profile, I had to go back and restore the original ones in the profiles I had made for myself. This included the keyboard and joystick settings.

7 hours ago, rondon9898 said:

Can’t find one Noel as I desperately search online. I am absolutely gutted chaps it took me hours to set all that stuff up. I should have screenshotted my settings - I never thought to do it.

That is a great idea thanks I will do this!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

15 minutes ago, mikegrr said:

When I downloaded the Dune update, all the control settings were set for the Ornithopter profile, I had to go back and restore the original ones in the profiles I had made for myself. This included the keyboard and joystick settings.

Oh there you go.  When someone believes their controller settings blew up they were just replaced by the Ornithopter and one can simply set them back to their normal default profile?

Noel

This only applies to the profiles for the keyboard and Joystick profiles, not other settings like LOD, etc.