Sign in to follow this  
Greazer

Pressure is on Asobo Studio

17 hours ago, JonathanC said:

Try DLSS + TAA (not DLAA). That has been absolutely great on my machine, no issues with blurry displays. 

How do you set DLSS + TAA??

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

8 hours ago, History said:

Ok. See if I got it right, did you actually mean, "Optimizing the remnant of an older GPU lifespan" instead of prolonging any GPU's longevity per se?

Sure.., yeah lets go with that. Sounds better 🙂

2 hours ago, threexgreen said:

Obviously, I can't use DLSS with TAA, it's either or

You should be able to, DLSS2 or even 3 is just AI upscaling, TAA is anti-aliasing. So with that regards you have have DLSS2/3 running with DLAA or DLSS2/3 running with TAA. Question is does DLSS2/3 with TAA cause you blurry displays.

17 minutes ago, Greazer said:

If FSR 3 comes with the next Sim Update at mid year, simmers are naturally going to be asking a lot of questions.

No... just you it seems, look I want FSR3 as much as the next guy but you initial post seems misguided.

There's only 3 games in your list that are actually commonplace games, Modern Warfare 3, Avatar and maybe Infinite Wealth, I'm not counting Starfield cause that's in Beta. The rest of the games to be honest is hardly a though among the general gaming public, no offense to those games they're just simply no as popular.

Then you have your list of games that are coming soon but conveniently excluded MSFS which is also coming soon, how this makes sense to you is beyond me. Of those is again maybe 4-5 general public games. FSR3 across the board has seen very slow adoption and MSFS is no different, as Matt has explained to you in another topic it's a completely different implementation to how FSR2 is implemented.

23 minutes ago, Greazer said:

One would expect their reputation as a game studio to take a hit, if there's such a delay.

A delay to what? No dates have been given. None of the other huge gaming studios have taken a hit due to lack of FSR3 implementation, why would Asobo be an outlier here?

The Asobo team has made clear that they plan to implement this in the future, when that is, we haven't been told. It'll come when it comes but at-least it's been acknowledged by the team to be in the works which is a far cry better than some of the much large gaming studios out there, what more do you want?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Lucky38i said:

You should be able to, DLSS2 or even 3 is just AI upscaling, TAA is anti-aliasing. So with that regards you have have DLSS2/3 running with DLAA or DLSS2/3 running with TAA. Question is does DLSS2/3 with TAA cause you blurry displays.

You can only scroll through TAA, DLSS, etc. in the menu. There's no way to set DLSS and TAA at the same time. Am I missing something?

• Like 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

47 minutes ago, Lucky38i said:

Then you have your list of games that are coming soon but conveniently excluded MSFS which is also coming soon,

A delay to what? No dates have been given. 

Quite an illogical argument to claim there is no delay because no dates have been given, but earlier claim (in bold) MSFS is "coming soon".

56 minutes ago, Lucky38i said:

, I'm not counting Starfield cause that's in Beta

uuummm no it's not.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

He probably means that it plays like it's in Beta :laugh:

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, threexgreen said:

You can only scroll through TAA, DLSS, etc. in the menu. There's no way to set DLSS and TAA at the same time. Am I missing something?

No you're right I was the confused one, apologies. My interpretation of the MSFS menus and the DLSS/DLAA technologies are not one in the same. Apologies for giving you the round around.

1 hour ago, Greazer said:

Quite an illogical argument to claim there is no delay because no dates have been given, but earlier claim (in bold) MSFS is "coming soon".

I must've forgotten "coming soon" was a part of the calendar, can you show me what date that is, I seemed to have missed it. Much like the items in your list of games have FSR3 coming, FSR3 for MSFS is also coming, I'm not sure how you're not understanding that.

1 hour ago, MarcG said:

uuummm no it's not.

You're right I aplogise, I was only referencing their list and didn't check to see if it left Beta.

Edited by Lucky38i
  • Like 2

TAA, DLSS and DLAA are just different anisotropic filtering options that can be used with DX12 and FG.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

DLAA (Deep Learning Anti-Aliasing) is essentially like DLSS without the upscaling. I.e. an AI-based antialiasing method. 

• Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

The title on this thread is bunk!

A little secret in the industry is you don't want to pressure your devs.

sp

4 hours ago, Lucky38i said:

No you're right I was the confused one, apologies. My interpretation of the MSFS menus and the DLSS/DLAA technologies are not one in the same. Apologies for giving you the round around.

No worries.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

On 2/19/2024 at 6:59 AM, MrFuzzy said:

How do you set DLSS + TAA??

dlss.png

Like so.

Edited by JonathanC

54 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

That's DLSS frame generation, I thought you meant the AA technique...

Not sure why people leave out the 3. Makes it hella confusing.

As I expected the SU15 Beta has been Extended until end of March. They still have plans for the A320 this release and hence need extra time.  I still also expect it was extended because they have plans for FSR3 this Beta.  I think the pressure is really on the team this time to get it Done.