Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, fppilot said:

My bad I guess.  I am not having an issue that I know of with the 0FPS being displayed.  my question is simple.  In AutoFPS I am seeing routinely 0FPS of 60-ish.  The display of FPS from MSFS Developer mode is showing me 40-ish FPS.  The two are different.  Why?  If they are different then what is 0FPS (defination).

See how one is 62 and the other 30.1?  So they appear to be two different types of measure.  This running AutoFPS with no changes in settings.  Out of the box so to speak

The only reason I can think of is that you're running the FG mod with your 3080. With my 4090 I'm getting exactly the same - FG-FPS = twice dev mode FPS. 

Re: 0FPS we need Reset to shed some light on this. 

EDIT: Looking at your AutoFPS screenshot it reports "Target FG Active FPS" and "FG Active" in the status line. So I'm pretty sure the explanation is that you're using the frame generation mod. I've been known to be wrong before though 🙂

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, fppilot said:

My bad I guess.  I am not having an issue that I know of with the 0FPS being displayed.  my question is simple.  In AutoFPS I am seeing routinely 0FPS of 60-ish.  The display of FPS from MSFS Developer mode is showing me 40-ish FPS.  The two are different.  Why?  If they are different then what is 0FPS (defination).

See how one is 62 and the other 30.1?  So they appear to be two different types of measure.  This running AutoFPS with no changes in settings.  Out of the box so to speak.

image.png.6a99fe55dc971b20f956e20dc6ee55c4.png

If you have removed the FG Mod as you say you have, the only reason this can be happening is if you still haven't changed that DLSSG line in your usercfg.opt file to 0. For everyone that has had this issue in the past, this has fixed it for them. I have asked you to do this a number of times and you haven't confirmed that you have done this, so until you do I am unable to help you further.

image.png?ex=6605e69e&is=65f3719e&hm=6bd

BTW, the latest test version now just says FPS for the average FPS sim value. I recommend you update to this newer version here.

Edited by Reset XPDR

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

20 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Re: 0FPS we need Reset to shed some light on this. 

From the Test Version 14Mar240430Z release notes, which I understand could have been missed with the two releases I had in quick succession yesterday:

• Removed ∅ from FPS sim value display area as it means empty set not average and was causing confusion.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

From the Test Version 14Mar240430Z release notes, which I understand could have been missed with the two releases I had in quick succession yesterday:

• Removed ∅ from FPS sim value display area as it means empty set not average and was causing confusion.

My bad, I misunderstood as I thought I was reading 0 FPS (as in Zero). Using my Norwegian keyboard I just press the letter ø (we have 3 extra letters at the end of the alphabet - æøå - lucky us!)

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

I just did a great flight in the PMDG 737 from the Gold Coast YBCG to Sydney YSSY using non-expert mode in VR, IFR flight type and a target of 45 FPS. On the ground, I was getting good performance so TLOD Min + activated, bumping it from 50 to 100. In the cruise I was getting great performance so TLOD moved all the way up to 300. On descent into Sydney, my TLOD marched slowly down to TLOD Min and, because it was cloudy, my clouds dropped down to high and stayed there for the landing, where I was pulling about 40 FPS.

This is exactly how I envisaged AutoFPS to work, so I am very happy with how 0.4.2 has shaped up. By the looks of it, I haven't yet seen any reports of notable issues with the latest changes specifically (yes I know there are other issues but they are for existing functionality and may just be configuration, not app, issues). As such, I think we are getting pretty close to formal release. Thanks everyone for your help in getting it this far! 👍

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

EDIT: Looking at your AutoFPS screenshot it reports "Target FG Active FPS" and "FG Active" in the status line. So I'm pretty sure the explanation is that you're using the frame generation mod. I've been known to be wrong before though 🙂

Interesting. Intriguing.  About 10 days ago I stepped through instructions on how to hack FG into the 3-series RTX's.  It was a number  of steps including a registry patch, positioning of a pair of new .dll files, I believe changing a setting or two in Nv control panel, and setting the DLSSG flag in UserCfg.Opt from 0 to 1. FG was showing in my MSFS General Settings and was available.  I also was testing with variables in both AutoFPS and DynamicLOD_ResetEdition.  I ended up with a mess of a stutterfest. 

I reversed each and every step of the FG hack except the DLSSG flag in UserCFG.Opt. I just missed reversing that to 0.  It currently sits at 1.  That and a hands off (my hands) use of AutoFPS (0.4.2-test) is where I am at presently with what I am showing in the screen capture. 

MSFS General Options currently does not show FG at all.  However AutoFPS is showing it active, and showing a much higher FPS than MSFS.  I need to complete an actual flight start to finish tomorrow from one payware airport to another and see what I experience.  Panning on the ground at the new KMSP is butter smooth.  It was not before I started into all of this.  Panning from a runway was distinctly choppy. 

image.png

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

4 minutes ago, fppilot said:

I reversed each and every step of the FG hack except the DLSSG flag in UserCFG.Opt. I just missed reversing that to 0.  It currently sits at 1. 

THIS is your issue.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Reset XPDR said:

I just did a great flight in the PMDG 737 from the Gold Coast YBCG to Sydney YSSY using non-expert mode in VR, IFR flight type and a target of 45 FPS.

I just did YSSY-YBCG! What a coincidence! Lovely clouds at dawn departing from Sydney 🤩

And I agree - the latest build seems to be working as intended 👌

Perhaps also not a coincidence that Ewok Celebration was the next song on my Spotify playlist... 

Btw for the first time in a while, I just let AutoFPS dive down to systray and focus on enjoying flying. Last flight didn't even summon the RTSS FPS OSD lol. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Interesting. Intriguing.  About 10 days ago I stepped through instructions on how to hack FG into the 3-series RTX's.  It was a number  of steps including a registry patch, positioning of a pair of new .dll files, I believe changing a setting or two in Nv control panel, and setting the DLSSG flag in UserCfg.Opt from 0 to 1. FG was showing in my MSFS General Settings and was available.  I also was testing with variables in both AutoFPS and DynamicLOD_ResetEdition.  I ended up with a mess of a stutterfest. 

Oh dear, that sounds just as complicated as when I was trying to figure out how to implement DLSS ultra quality, which was quite an ordeal! Great to hear that you resolved the issue though. 

56 minutes ago, fppilot said:

I need to complete an actual flight start to finish tomorrow from one payware airport to another and see what I experience.  Panning on the ground at the new KMSP is butter smooth.  It was not before I started into all of this.  Panning from a runway was distinctly choppy. 

KMSP is very, very good! I daresay that you won't be disappointed with your next flight 😄

Posted (edited)

@fppilot (said): "I reversed each and every step of the FG hack except the DLSSG flag in UserCFG.Opt. I just missed reversing that to 0.  It currently sits at 1."

I'm thinking there may be a mis-communication going on with the above. So......just to make sure....

@fppilot:  Your last post (copied and pasted above) SAYS your UserCFG.Opt DLSSG flag is STILL set at 1.  It NEEDS to be set to 0 (zero) to solve your issue.  You must do that MANUALLY by opening the UserCFG.Opt file and making the change yourself.  Have you done that yet?

Edited by FalconAF

Rick Ryan

2 hours ago, Reset XPDR said:

I knew I had seen this used for average before.  It was hard to find!  But deep in the depths of Wikipedia, I found it:

• Ø or  is sometimes also used as a symbol for average value, particularly in German-speaking countries. ("Average" in German is Durchschnitt, directly translated as cut-through.)

I've found no other new bugs in the last 14 hours, nor have any been reported here, so things are looking good for 0.4.2 formal release. I'll give it a day or so to make absolutely sure though.

One new change that will come through on the final release, which is something I have been meaning to do for a while, is if the memory compatibility test fails the app will be disabled completely, not just made read-only which wasn't really true because if it failed the memory test it didn't actually know what it was reading! Also the UI will more clearly indicate that the app is completely disabled and, most importantly, will point users to the readme on how to resolve it, which 99.9% of the time has been the need to run the app in administrator mode.

Anyway, this is FYI and this is what the app window will look like when it is disabled:

image.png?ex=6606070e&is=65f3920e&hm=4ce

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

I've found no other new bugs in the last 14 hours, nor have any been reported here, so things are looking good for 0.4.2 formal release. I'll give it a day or so to make absolutely sure though.

One new change that will come through on the final release, which is something I have been meaning to do for a while, is if the memory compatibility test fails the app will be disabled completely, not just made read-only which wasn't really true because if it failed the memory test it didn't actually know what it was reading! Also the UI will more clearly indicate that the app is completely disabled and, most importantly, will point users to the readme on how to resolve it, which 99.9% of the time has been the need to run the app in administrator mode.

Anyway, this is FYI and this is what the app window will look like when it is disabled:

image.png?ex=6606070e&is=65f3920e&hm=4ce

Thank you so much Reset, this app is a game changer IMHO, you should be proud, I'll be trying it out this weekend for sure.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Sergio Naiberg

Posted (edited)

Another demonstration of this app's capabilities: Fenix RNP approach into YBCG Gold Coast, Australia. Settings as in my earlier post. 

PS: I've been to Coolangatta IRL. Lovely place! Average temps a little bit higher than where I'm from 😉

Edited by Cpt_Piett

13 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Another demonstration of this app's capabilities: Fenix RNP approach into YBCG Gold Coast, Australia. Settings as in my earlier post. 

Looked very smooth to me. I see you landed rwy 14, which is the same one I took off from around the same time. I didn't see you, perhaps because I was on the SE Asia server.

• Like 1