Sign in to follow this  
Inu

X-Plane 12.1.0 New Article & Features

4 hours ago, GoranM said:

Standard procedure is submitting a bug report with a log file. If that’s done, then they’ll fix it. 

The new question is 'WHEN" will they get to it? Been waiting since xp11 for networking fixes, submitted numerous bug reports with log files. Matter of fact, they also receive links to videos showing the issues. Here we are in XP12 and still waiting.

I was a beta tester for Traffic Global and their aircraft would disappear once AI aircraft crossed over to the external computers/visual displays, most of what takes place in XP12. It took me three months to find the issue, the issue was related to X-Plane 12 FOV. Once Jim was aware of the issue it was corrected during the next beta run and was fix during the following update.

So the questions aren't are they going to fix these issues, it's "WHEN" will they get them fixed!

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Mike.  

They can't do everything NOW.  All the fixes that need to be done are prioritized in order from most important to least important.  There have been sim breaking bugs in 12.1 that needed to be addressed.  A network fix is useless if the sim crashes.  

I don't know much about the issue you're experiencing, but if a bug report was submitted, that's all that can be done.  I certainly have no influence in what order Laminar fix these issues.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, GoranM said:

Mike.  

They can't do everything NOW.  All the fixes that need to be done are prioritized in order from most important to least important.  There have been sim breaking bugs in 12.1 that needed to be addressed.  A network fix is useless if the sim crashes.  

I don't know much about the issue you're experiencing, but if a bug report was submitted, that's all that can be done.  I certainly have no influence in what order Laminar fix these issues.  

I get updates sometimes mess with items already under control and break things. Seeing how Jim is their ATC guy and he managed to fix the network issue within one update, you'd think their pro network guy would have most if not all of this figured out by now and we'd at least have an update on what has been worked on and/or corrected so far.

If Austin thinks minor stutters break the emersion factor in XP, he should try flying with networked computers during a lighting storm! WARNING: If you try this, you better not suffer from seizures, it may bring on an attack with multiple uncoordinated light flashes on multiple screens! 

Edited by Mike_CFII_MEL

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Looking through the changelog for 12.1, I can't tell you what's in it, or what's not in it, due to NDA.  But I can tell you it's extensive.  I'm talking several pages of PDF just for the first alpha.  

If you've reported the problem, with comprehensive notes, then I don't doubt they'll get it fixed.  

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
On 4/26/2024 at 4:14 AM, fluffyflops said:

the sim freezes when changing window size or going from fullscreen to windowed.

Is there a known recipe to trigger this? Like lots of screens maybe? I've spent the past day trying to trigger it. Worst case is a 2-3 second pause right after the sim starts up. After that I can toggle fullscreen as often as I want with no delay. Doesn't matter how many smaller windows I have popped out (map, microprofiler, etc) or in, vsync on/off. I can't replicate this to a point of fury. This is microsoft's own derp, correct?

Edited by blingthinger

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

I was told that the beta should be ready by the beginning of the month, fingers crossed....

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

On 4/26/2024 at 6:16 PM, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

I get updates sometimes mess with items already under control and break things. Seeing how Jim is their ATC guy and he managed to fix the network issue within one update, you'd think their pro network guy would have most if not all of this figured out by now and we'd at least have an update on what has been worked on and/or corrected so far.

If Austin thinks minor stutters break the emersion factor in XP, he should try flying with networked computers during a lighting storm! WARNING: If you try this, you better not suffer from seizures, it may bring on an attack with multiple uncoordinated light flashes on multiple screens! 

Your use case is limited though? I think 99% of users do not have a commercial 'type' setup.

On 4/26/2024 at 7:23 PM, GoranM said:

Looking through the changelog for 12.1, I can't tell you what's in it, or what's not in it, due to NDA.  But I can tell you it's extensive.  I'm talking several pages of PDF just for the first alpha.  

If you've reported the problem, with comprehensive notes, then I don't doubt they'll get it fixed.  

To add to this.

We have public bug tracking now, no one needs the changelog to see what bugs have been fixed or not 

you go to

https://developer.x-plane.com/

and select X-Plane bug database

https://developer.x-plane.com/x-plane-bug-database/

from there enter the XPD that was assigned to the issue, e.g. a new 744 release is holding out on

https://github.com/mSparks43/747-400/issues/859

not all of them are public, having an XPD does not mean it will be fixed, but if it does not have an XPD it is guaranteed no developer time is assigned to it.

If the only feedback that has been provided is "its broken", then no action will be taken.

The only exceptions to that are broader topics like "dark cockpits" or "anti aliasing sux". there is no real fix to these, but also they have stated they are putting developer time into trying to improve the situation.

I cannot stress enough, if there is something specific, that you can point to and fill in

https://www.x-plane.com/x-plane-bug-report-form/

such that even our resident trolls can say "yep, that is broken for me to"

That needs doing, and you need an XPD.

If you dont get an XPD, the only way forward is to work with others in the community to adequately describe what the problem is/are, like that 744 issue above, that has been known to exist for over a year, but it is only the last few weeks someone managed to create clear enough instructions to give LR something they can work with. That's no ones fault, this stuff is hard.

• Like 2

AutoATC Developer

Posted (edited)

I’m a bit confused on how this is a “public” bug tracking system.  Seems to me you need to know a specific XPD number in order to search.  How do you see a list of all bugs previously reported by anyone, or is this not possible?

Also, what is the best way to ask for quality of life improvements?  They are technically not bugs per se.  For example, cursor improvements in VR, or the long-standing disable scroll wheel zoom.

Edited by Gilandred
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

1 hour ago, Gilandred said:

I’m a bit confused on how this is a “public” bug tracking system.

Because the majority of bugs LR deal with cannot be made public, anything they are doing for the commercial space will be locked up in NDAs, many of those they cannot even acknowledge they are working on (especially any .mil stuff), that database is access to the ones that are publicly tracked.

It took a lot of pecking their ear to get this much.

Also, what is the best way to ask for quality of life improvements?

fill in the bug request for with "feature request" or "quality of life improvement" as the subject.

Depending on how big a deal it is, dont hold your breath tho,

This is a known limitation of the sim. I filed this as a future feature request as XPD-9632.

Thanks,

On Nov 12, 2018, at 5:04 PM,
Product= XPlane
Version= 11.30 beta 3
OS= Linux
Summary= Clouds unaffected by wind
Description= Clouds formations are not affected by wind.
Steps= manually create a cloud layer containing high winds, for example scattered clouds and 90 knot winds at 6000 feet.

Clouds remain in position

Example video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmUYJpTqfV0
Consents to storing personal data= Yes <Log.txt>

Faster "reaction time" would be to discuss it on one of the developer forums to implement it as a plugin

or the long-standing disable scroll wheel zoom.

e.g.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/21068-x-scrollwheel-control-the-behaviour-of-your-mouse-wheel/

or

https://github.com/skiselkov/StopZoomingDammit

Generally it seems they will prioritise issues that only they can fix.

AutoATC Developer

The stop mouse zoom unfortunately does not work in VR.  I’ll look into filing reports.  Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

39 minutes ago, Gilandred said:

The stop mouse zoom unfortunately does not work in VR.  I’ll look into filing reports.  Thanks.

yep, I'd say that's definitely worthy.

It will have gone unnoticed because most people in VR will be using hand controllers or physical controls.

If you dont have hand controllers (I dont) then kit like

https://www.elgato.com/us/en/p/stream-deck-plus-black

and/or AutoATC voice commands avoid the need to use the mousewheel at all.

AutoATC Developer

On 4/22/2024 at 3:56 PM, Bjoern said:

Waiting for 12.1:

91c148df1af0a0d9636d373b78da20f6.jpg

This post and picture sum it up nicely.

I know that it'll be ready when it's ready.  And that developing updates for a program this complex takes time, especially one this massive.  And that it can NOT be rushed because that will just result in bugs, problems, frustration and pain.  

But what I can't understand is jumping the gun THIS bad.  Shouting from the rooftops on February 23rd, 2024???

What’s new in X-Plane 12.1.0 – oh boy… | X-Plane

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mike7777 said:

s jumping the gun THIS bad

Jumping the Gun, all you ever hear is people demanding what Laminar is doing, all they did was say exactly that. Damned if they do and damned if they dont. But people here seem to thrive on calling out laminar, wonder if there is a scoring system.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Mike7777 said:

But what I can't understand is jumping the gun THIS bad.  Shouting from the rooftops on February 23rd, 2024???

You will. 

But I can say, in the past, a borken beta would already have been released to the public by now, we have all been through that pain, however that dynamic changed significantly over the last few months.

https://developer.x-plane.com/2024/03/finishing-12-1-0-features/

March 15th 2024

Based on the progress we done this week, I am hoping we will be able to test these features next week and start a private alpha in our developer lobby.

Very very gone are the days when most developers wouldnt even start updating their aircraft until a release was out of beta.

12.0.9 is a great sim

12.1.0 beta is going to be significantly better.

In the inbetween time enjoy hopefully never again downloading an update only to find the wings of your plane have gone missing.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer