Sign in to follow this  
captain420

How to link Fenix Liveries to MSFS Addons Linker?

I tried going to my settings for the Fenix Livery Manager to set it to my custom location so that I can use MSFS Addons Linker. But for some reason it's not working. Whenever downloading the liveries, it only shows up 2 json files. Anyone know how to properly set this up?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Hi captain420,

What I did was download the Fenix liveries to the MSFS Community folder. I have MSFS data set up in folders on a different drive. So,I have a folder for the Fenix 320 and a folder for A320 liveries. Move the files from the Community folder to the new folders Check them off in the Addons Linker and it should load into the simulator ok.

I hope that is helpful.

• Like 1

Jim Morgan

Okay, move or copy the folder over to the new location? If you move the original folder, then when you download new liveries using the Fenix Livery Manager, it won't find the folder to download the liveres to I'm assuming?

Also could you try downloading the United liveries? For some reason whenever I download those, it won't show up in MSFS for me. Other liveries show up fine though.

Thanks for your help.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

20 minutes ago, captain420 said:

For some reason whenever I download those, it won't show up in MSFS for me. Other liveries show up fine though

Sanity check, but you are looking in the Fenix IAE model, correct? There are now two airplanes.

You probably are, but worth checking.

All I did was - after installation of the new Block 2 - cut & paste the FNX-Liveries folder from out of the Community folder, and paste it in my Addon Linker folder.

Then activate / deactivate as required.

Works perfectly.   (and the same I did with the actual FNX aircraft folder too).

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

17 minutes ago, JYW said:

All I did was - after installation of the new Block 2 - cut & paste the FNX-Liveries folder from out of the Community folder, and paste it in my Addon Linker folder.

Then activate / deactivate as required.

Works perfectly.   (and the same I did with the actual FNX aircraft folder too).

I do it exactly like this, always works. Just have to remember to activate addons in addons linker before trying to update them (e.g. scenery, aircraft)

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

25 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I do it exactly like this, always works. Just have to remember to activate addons in addons linker before trying to update them (e.g. scenery, aircraft)

This is what I do as well.

If I drag the fnx_liveries or whatever it is called into my addon linker folder and enable it from there, will it create the sym_links for that folder on my second hard drive? So that the liveries I DL from the Fenix app show up there?

Also, it looks like JViation is putting a lot of his B2 liveries from the app on FSTO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BrammyH said:

If I drag the fnx_liveries or whatever it is called into my addon linker folder and enable it from there, will it create the sym_links for that folder on my second hard drive? So that the liveries I DL from the Fenix app show up there?

Exactly. As long as any addon/livery/scenery/etc is enabled in addons manager, it will be active in community folder via symlink. No matter which driver the addon is located on. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

4 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I can't seem to activate/deactivate single liveries with the B2 - it's one in, all in (I have the same issue with PMDG liveries) I had no problems with activating single liveries in the previous Fenix version, and still activate single liveries in all my other aircraft with the addonlinker The folder structure in B2 seems to have changed, preventing this, or what am I doing wrong with the B2.

steve southey

1 hour ago, JustanotherPilot said:

I can't seem to activate/deactivate single liveries with the B2 - it's one in, all in (I have the same issue with PMDG liveries) I had no problems with activating single liveries in the previous Fenix version, and still activate single liveries in all my other aircraft with the addonlinker The folder structure in B2 seems to have changed, preventing this, or what am I doing wrong with the B2.

I'm not at my computer, but aren't there folders within the livery folder that you can select individually for the liveries you downloaded?

5 hours ago, JustanotherPilot said:

With B2, all the liveries are combined into one folder in the community folder. The folder name is fnx-aircraft-320-liveries. To be able to install/remove liveries from Livery Manager, the folder has to be present in the community folder. 

When using addons linker, it's important that fnx-aircraft-320-liveries is active whenever Livery Manager is used.

i have the fenix liveries installed in addons linker like the addon image  , but liveries doesn't appear in game

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, motishow said:

i have the fenix liveries installed in addons linker like the addon image  , but liveries doesn't appear in game

spacer.png

That's because by checking these items they are directly copied into the root community folder, so you'll have "fnx-aircraft-320-VOExxxx" in the community folder. For B2 to recognize them they have to be inside the fnx-aircraft-320-liveries folder, though.. Not sure how to do this with AddonLinker, but I'm quite sure it's possible (because it's a great tool).

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

That's because by checking these items they are directly copied into the root community folder, so you'll have "fnx-aircraft-320-VOExxxx" in the community folder. For B2 to recognize them they have to be inside the fnx-aircraft-320-liveries folder, though.. Not sure how to do this with AddonLinker, but I'm quite sure it's possible (because it's a great tool).

It’s possible but not that intuitive with B2. See my post above.