Sign in to follow this  
roi1862

Fenix displays are too dark now

28 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

How did they not see that this was not bright enough?

Maybe not to your aging eyes, but to mine this looks absolutely fine. 😎

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

This is a screen shot I took this morning. How did they not see that this was not bright enough?

spacer.png

Maybe you need to readjust your monitor settings. Your screenshot looks absolutely fine on my monitor, all displays are easily readable.

I can confirm though that the displays are less bright than before, but it is bright enough on my system.

8 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Maybe you need to readjust your monitor settings. Your screenshot looks absolutely fine on my monitor, all displays are easily readable.

I can confirm though that the displays are less bright than before, but it is bright enough on my system.

My monitor is calibrated with a very expensive unit I use at work. Every other aircraft looks fine. High end commercial video is my business, retired now, but still  work as a consultant. BTW you can read the top line on the PFD?

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

It indeed looks like the top of the screen is even darker the the lower part. 

Out of curiosity, dont these screens on this multi million dollars machine got what every car and mobile device have ? A sensor that dim/brighten it according to lightening conditions ? Which you of course override to some degree using the dial. 

Roi Ben

9 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

My monitor is calibrated with a very expensive unit I use at work. Every other aircraft looks fine. High end commercial video is my business, retired now, but still  work as a consultant. BTW you can read the top line on the PFD?

MACH ALT CRZ NAV? Yes, very clearly.

8 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

MACH ALT CRZ NAV? Yes, very clearly.

Take into account he is zoomed in and focusing on the displays. Eye adaption making it brighter then what it will be when in normal siting position 

Roi Ben

27 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

Out of curiosity, dont these screens on this multi million dollars machine got what every car and mobile device have ? A sensor that dim/brighten it according to lightening conditions ? Which you of course override to some degree using the dial. 

They do have ambient light sensors but unsurprisingly there is no way to read that information from MSFS.

spacer.png

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OuterMarker said:

They do have ambient light sensors but unsurprisingly there is no way to read that information from MSFS.

Nice to know ! 

Roi Ben

I found switching from DLSS to TAA helped, for some reason.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

44 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

I found switching from DLSS to TAA helped, for some reason.

I’m on TAA and it’s still pretty dark. It’s usable in my case but would be nice to have it a bit brighter during the day. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

1 minute ago, fakeflyer737 said:

I’m on TAA and it’s still pretty dark. It’s usable in my case but would be nice to have it a bit brighter during the day. 

At night or cloudy it looks fine, bright sunny day it looks like word not allowed.

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

25 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

At night or cloudy it looks fine, bright sunny day it looks like word not allowed.

Not on my end.

Could be the eye color of the user. People with blue or hazel eyes can see much better in low light conditions. People with brown eyes need much more light. Anton Petrov did a video on this research recently. Conversely, brown eyed people can handle bright, sunny conditions better.

4 minutes ago, rjquick said:

Could be the eye color of the user. People with blue or hazel eyes can see much better in low light conditions. People with brown eyes need much more light. Anton Petrov did a video on this research recently. Conversely, brown eyed people can handle bright, sunny conditions better.

Must be many brown eyed people on Discord, because there are dozens of complaints on the PFD and ND brightness. 😏

• Like 2