Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Just started noticing these random white flashes

At 1st I thought it was somehow strobe lights leaking into the cockpit, but this seems to happen no matter which camera, whether external or internal. But I randomly see brief flashes of white intermittently. It doesn't happen often, but enough to notice and make it extremely annoying. I never seen this before and I'm not sure what could be causing it. Recently I updated to the latest DLS FG v0.90 mod from nexus. But don't think that could be the cause of it. Anyone else have similar issues like this?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Is it the DX12 flashbug?  If so set motion blur to low and it will go away.

Me too.

I've recently updated to nvidia driver 551.61 and use the non-universal version of the FG mod, 0.8 I think. I've been using the mod for a while so I don't think it is that (unless there is a conflict with nv driver). The only other thing I have done is change G-Sync from full screen only to full screen + windowed. I've just reverted that setting, but have yet to test.

1 minute ago, jwhak said:

Is it the DX12 flashbug?  If so set motion blur to low and it will go away.

Good call. I'll have to check.

I believe it's the "Bloom" setting that causes this. Turn bloom off and it should go away.

• Upvote 3

Intel i7-10700K @ 4.7 GHz | Nvidia RTX 3070 FE | 32GB DDR4 RAM 

12 minutes ago, psychedelic_tortilla said:

I believe it's the "Bloom" setting that causes this. Turn bloom off and it should go away.

This

I have what I've called 'strobing' when I look out the window at the tarmac under certain conditions.  Typically it's fairly bright tarmac and the lighting is just right, or just wrong as the case is.   It only happens with movement, including panning.  And it's never directly out in front of the plane, only on the sides on the tarmac.   Fortunately it's not everywhere, and turning bloom off has no impact on this, nor does motion blur.  I try not to look at it because it's definitely undesirable!    If I turn Nvidia RTX FG off, it goes away.  My hunch is even though it is related to FG it will be addressed in a future driver update.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

7 hours ago, psychedelic_tortilla said:

Turning bloom off makes the lights and sun look extremely ugly though. I have been running DX12 with bloom for ages and this never happened before. Not sure why it's happening now all a sudden. I also updated to block 2 of Phoenix but don't think thats the cause of those random white flashes.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I always had those flashes with bloom ON with my old I7 4790K and RTX 2060 Super, but since getting my new rig last week the flashes are gone. Hope they don\t come back anytime soon.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Another thing that I did before noticing these flashes was change post processing effects in my USEROPT.CFG file. Wonder if that could be the cause.

Leave everything the way you want it in dx12 with bloom on and just be sure to set motion blur to low and the flash will go away.

Does motion blur have to be set to low? I have mine off cause I hate the blur.

54 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Does motion blur have to be set to low? I have mine off cause I hate the blur.

I didn't start getting these flashes until I started using FSLTL, I also don't use motion blur

Yeah I'm so curious to know how these flashes started. I never had this before. It just started happening yesterday after updating to Fenix B2, Updating DLS FG to version 0.90, installed MSFS_AutoFPS and editing my post process effects in USEROPT.CFG. 

Other than that I haven't done anything else different.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, captain420 said:

It just started happening yesterday after updating to Fenix B2, Updating DLS FG to version 0.90, installed MSFS_AutoFPS and editing my post process effects in USEROPT.CFG. 

Other than that I haven't done anything else different.

You're saying you 'haven't done much' but have listed 3 significant changes you've made (plus running the Nexus FG mod).

I'd say one of these is your cause.  Particularly the DLSS FG, Nexus mod or messing with Useropt settings.  Why not try deactivating the FG mod, restoring your userop settings, reverting to the last good DLSS version - temporarily - and see if the flashing resolves.

No disrespect but that would seem the common sense approach, having made all those changes recently.

Edited by JYW
  • Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)