Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Just started noticing these random white flashes

On 3/1/2024 at 7:18 AM, captain420 said:

At 1st I thought it was somehow strobe lights leaking into the cockpit, but this seems to happen no matter which camera, whether external or internal. But I randomly see brief flashes of white intermittently. It doesn't happen often, but enough to notice and make it extremely annoying. I never seen this before and I'm not sure what could be causing it. Recently I updated to the latest DLS FG v0.90 mod from nexus. But don't think that could be the cause of it. Anyone else have similar issues like this?

This happened to me at one time when i overclocked my GPU, went back with no @ and it I did not have those flashes anymore.

Sergio Naiberg

I was noticing what I think are the same flashes. I had them well before the Fenix A320 B2 was released, and in various MSFS default and payware aircraft. I thought it was simply strobe lights from the aircraft bleeding in when my view was looking in certain directions. It was annoying to say the least, but after reading some of the suggestions in this thread, turning off BLOOM worked for me (I already had MOTION BLUR turned off for other reasons). Also, I am not using any of the FG apps or AUTO FPS apps, but I do use the built in FG since I have a 4090. However, I've had my 4090 over a year now and have been using FG all of that time, and haven't noticed this flashing strobe effect until about 1-2 months ago. 

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

I solved the problem by reverting some of my post processing settings. It seemsl ike some settings or some combination of them causes it.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

21 hours ago, sniper31 said:

However, I've had my 4090 over a year now and have been using FG all of that time, and haven't noticed this flashing strobe effect until about 1-2 months ago. 

Ok so there's some hope it may be fixed at some point.  Right now I'm exceedingly disappointed with this aspect.  Just now getting ready to do FSDT's KORD to KPHL in the early morning and the strobing out the side of the plane on the tarmac was really substantial.  And it's not limited to out the side, but that was where it was the worst.  And no question glass panel flickering exists as well.  Between this and the absolute fact moving from my 2nd screen to the MSFS display causes a substantial judder, NV FG is losing its appeal fast.  I'm really surprised I don't hear more complaints about these issues with NV FG.  If the strobing resolves I can cope with the two-screen issue as it's easy enough to just avoid looking at it when you move the mouse to the main screen and click on it but the strobing is an absolute show stopper here.  What I need is a toggle to turn FG off and on at will w/o needing to stop the sim and get into settings because other times of day and different colored runways and taxiways mostly eliminate the strobing issue.

Another reality I'm hoping isn't is that now for several flights up at altitude I started getting some genuine pauses when panning w/ FG enabled.  Just chopped up panning.  Not tearing, something else. Could be moving back and forth frequently between the two screen is what brings this about not sure yet.  I'm hoping this had to do with my connected screen #2 to mainboard Intel GPU.  So this morning moved it to the 4090 which I thought might help the judder when moving back to the main display, but it doesn't at all.  

So in mid flight now, and same garbage is happening.  Not able to pan without getting weird pauses/hangs in the pan.  Is my new 4090 defective?  It's running cool, it's not being stressed at all.  I have to doubt it's the PSU because as i say it's not working very hard.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X