Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Fenix Cabin Announcements or lack thereof.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, abennett said:

Is anything from Fenix showing up in volume mixer?

If you wouldn't mind checking this whilst an announcement is in progress it would be great.

Just had the fulll safety briefing play, and I checked my sound mixer and there was still nothing showing for Fenix. 

This could just be something at my end though (on Win 11).  The only entries I have in the mixer are my main sound device and Firefox's level.

[EDIT - It's in task manager! ..... but just not showing in my mixer source list]

Edited by JYW

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, JYW said:

Just had the fulll safety briefing play, and I checked my sound mixer and there was still nothing showing for Fenix. 

This could just be something at my end though (on Win 11).  The only entries I have in the mixer are my main sound device and Firefox's level.

I have the Fenix showing up in the sound mixer, but it is a quiet as a church mouse. Someone on Discord, said they got it to work by starting flight with GSX??? Not sure what that means. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I can't believe it, after two days, it suddenly started working on descent.

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

13 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I can't believe it, after two days, it suddenly started working on descent.

Oh I would love it if this happened to me ha.

4 minutes ago, abennett said:

Oh I would love it if this happened to me ha.

Actually now that I heard them, I prefer the ones in a A Pilots LIfe.. 😏

It happens random to me to hear voices, I'm feeling like Jeanne D'Arc.

• Like 1

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

My announcements were playing fine during boarding and pushback and then stopped...no safety briefing or anything after the initial boarding/boarding music stuff. Seems buggy so far.

3 hours ago, Bigt said:

My announcements were playing fine during boarding and pushback and then stopped...no safety briefing or anything after the initial boarding/boarding music stuff. Seems buggy so far.

Agree. Just finished a flight and exact same issue as you. Played the boarding welcome three times along with GSX boarding music then nothing after that.

These cabin sounds in the Fenix aren’t that good I think tbh ….they aren’t ‘Muffled’ (don’t know if that’s the correct word) they are not immersive sounds in my opinion at all. They need and shud sound like the sounds you hear from the Zibo 737 in X Plane…..that’s how it shud sound… far far more realistic. 

• Upvote 1

Regards

Paul EGCC

8 minutes ago, tull said:

These cabin sounds in the Fenix aren’t that good I think tbh ….they aren’t ‘Muffled’ (don’t know if that’s the correct word) they are not immersive sounds in my opinion at all. They need and shud sound like the sounds you hear from the Zibo 737 in X Plane…..that’s how it shud sound… far far more realistic. 

Well in my case, I've swapped the default sounds and added those from another P3D bus maker which are much more immersive and are custom to each livery. But again, they start playing no problem during pre-flight/boarding, and then once pushback starts, all the cabin announcements stop. Not sure what the issue is.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

guess you didn't read the second line in my post....

Hehehehehe

I love to see one of old timers "get some".   LOL!

Edited by DaveCT2003

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

19 hours ago, Claudius_ said:

It happens random to me to hear voices, I'm feeling like Jeanne D'Arc.

Thanks for the chuckle... THAT was TRULY funny!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Announcements have been working great on my end. I’ve installed a few airline specific announcements per the guide so I don’t have to mess with the default ones. I’ve been hearing them all depending on my phase of flight. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

I’ve installed a few airline specific announcements

May I ask where you did fine them?

Thanks

Edited by hvw

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

22 minutes ago, hvw said:

May I ask where you did fine them?

Thanks

I already had some from over the years. I’m just confirming that the announcements do work. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro