Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Fenix update is out.

11 minutes ago, james42 said:

Touched down on a wet runway with autobrake low,

I believe there's still a MSFS issue with wet surfaces creating *more* drag.

Breakaway thrust has to be set higher than dry conditions and you may need to taxi with higher than idle thrust to keep moving. A workaround for some aircraft is turning on anti-ice.

I did note that on landing in the latest Fenix that the autobrake did not disengage after applying manual braking. Had to turn it off via the button on the panel.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

15 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Thanks for pointing that out, I am too.  Good on him, need more of them!  I've already sent a friend request to him.

There is so much terrific information in the manuals, and they're even searchable!

With all due respect, we don't need more people like that. Not everyone is lazy for asking a question; you can read the whole changelog and miss a bullet point or not understand something, and I don't think you should have to append a disclaimer to every question like that because you may encounter someone trying to be smart by taking the time to respond to you, but intentionally keep the answer they know just to tell you to go RTFM.

I recently had to explain the background of my question first in that I had indeed read the novel of changelogs prior to asking, but didn't understand one of the more cryptic abbreviations before someone else would finally give me the answer that was no more than a simple 'yes' anyway. It's just irritating.

No offense, just my 2 cents.

• Like 6

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Thanks, I was hoping you’d comment as it was driving me a bit crazy. I did some more research and several RW A320 pilots are saying that autoland can be performed even though FMA is displaying CAT1.

Like your research says, CAT is just a classification of ILS approaches, not a technical indication of whether the aircraft is able to autoland. It's even permitted to fly a CAT I and CAT II ILS in low visibility fully manually as long as you have a working flight director or HUD to provide guidance (may differ per airline).

The clue you need to monitor to check if the aircraft is going to perform an autoland is that LAND and FLARE are armed and then annunciated on the FMA, which is the case in your screenshots. That only happens on an autoland (with the autopilots on). You can even see CATI annunciated on your screenshots with LAND and FLARE.

Edited by threexgreen
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

are saying that autoland can be performed even though FMA is displaying CAT1. 

Yes it can be done, it is just illegal to do so. 

Don't let the virtual Air Authority catch you doing it.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 2

autoland can be performed even though FMA is displaying CAT1.

The subject is quite complex and in fact it is necessary to have a complete course and be re-qualified in a simulator every year, so on some occasions some sentences or comments can cause misunderstandings. Finally, to add additional information to the topic, I share the following taken directly from the FCOM:

Automatic landing system performance is demonstrated with CAT II or CAT III ILS/MLS   airport installation. However, automatic landing in CAT I or better weather conditions is possible on CAT I ground installations or on CAT II/III ground installations when ILS/MLS   sensitive areas are not protected, if the following precautions are taken:

‐ The airline checked that the ILS/MLS   beam quality, and the effect of the terrain profile before the runway have no adverse effect on AP/FD guidance. Particularly, the effect of terrain profile within 300 m before the runway threshold must be evaluated

‐ The flight crew is aware that LOC or G/S beam fluctuations, independent of the aircraft system, may occur. The PF is prepared to immediately disconnect the autopilot, and to take the appropriate action, should not satisfactory guidance occur

‐ At least CAT2 capability is displayed on the FMA and the flight crew uses CAT II/III procedures  <———

‐ Visual references are obtained at an altitude appropriate for the CAT I approach. If not, a go-around must be performed.

• Like 1

Still struggling with CAT 2 INOP on ECAM. Changed RADNAV ILS FREQ to different ILS, then CLR it out (returned to correct FREQ). CRS corresponds with planned LFPO ILS  CAT II Rwy 25. I've set RA to 102. 

sZHYipA.jpeg

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

15 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Still struggling with CAT 2 INOP on ECAM. Changed RADNAV ILS FREQ to different ILS, then CLR it out (returned to correct FREQ). CRS corresponds with planned LFPO ILS  CAT II Rwy 25. I've set RA to 102. 

sZHYipA.jpeg

Apparently, one thing that can cause this to happen is if you turn the displays on the FO side all the way down:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/v2b2-released-fenix-high-fidelity-a320/417613/3710

Is this by any chance the case for you? 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, martinboehme said:

Apparently, one thing that can cause this to happen is if you turn the displays on the FO side all the way down:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/v2b2-released-fenix-high-fidelity-a320/417613/3710

Is this by any chance the case for you? 

🎉😁🤩🍾💯

8tEOPr8.jpeg

Finally! Btw thanks to all for helping me out with this issue! Not only did I resolve it in the end - but I got a LOT of free knowledge on the way re: CATII/II approaches. 

And yes indeed - I had blacked out both FO displays, something I always do... Not anymore though!

Now, where can I find the A320 IAE FCOM? (almost too afraid to ask, but I’m unsure as to which manual to search for this question). Perhaps someone can just point me to the correct manual, and I’ll sort it out myself. @Farlis? Just need to find the correct manual 😉

And btw, I know how use Google 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

51 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Now, where can I find the A320 IAE FCOM? (almost too afraid to ask, but I’m unsure as to which manual to search for this question). Perhaps someone can just point me to the correct manual, and I’ll sort it out myself 😉

Aircraft types have one FCOM for all variants, including engine type. Fenix don't supply an official FCOM, but with some luck you may find one on the internet.

• Like 1

Now, where can I find the A320 IAE FCOM?

Here: https://archive.org/details/a-320-neo-fcom-1/page/n230/mode/1up

Starts 'properly' from p.231 of 7560.

Clicking on the three dots under the magnifying glass icon on the site will give you download options. Choose 'Get PDF' to have a searchable document.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

And of course there is the QRH in the EFB.

Allthough it's not really "quick" since it lacks a virtual index function to help you quickly find what you are looking for.

That is really something Fenix should implement.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/11/2024 at 1:39 PM, Bobsk8 said:

The top of the FMA is too dark to read unless you zoom in on it., on a sunny day. 

Could it be a display issue? I have zero issues reading mine but it is on a 55 inch 4K TV.

XI9poJ4.jpg

Edited by RJC68

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

33 minutes ago, RJC68 said:

Could it be a display issue? I have zero issues reading mine but it is on a 55 inch 4K TV.

XI9poJ4.jpg

Look at how dark the l green ettering on the top line is compared to the green lettering lettering on the bottom of the PFD.

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

28 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Look at how dark the l green ettering on the top line is compared to the green lettering lettering on the bottom of the PFD.

The picture looks worse than it is, It has to be display related, on my 27" Asus PC monitor it does look dark, on my flight sim TV it is perfect even in the shade.

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

2 hours ago, Farlis said:

And of course there is the QRH in the EFB.

Allthough it's not really "quick" since it lacks a virtual index function to help you quickly find what you are looking for.

That is really something Fenix should implement.

Yeah I noticed that yesterday when browsing through it. Found something interesting that might be handy on an ashy day though: 

iMfyXUi.jpg