Pilatus PC-6

O'Hare

Amsterdam

Paro

Orlando

Cairo HECA

Tokyo Heliport

plus workingtitle GNS update

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/sim-update-15-beta-release-notes-1-37-8-0-march-12th-2024/633902

RELEASE NOTES 1.37.8.0
If you are playing on PC, outdated packages in your community folder may have an unexpected impact on the title’s performance and behavior.
If you suffer from stability issues or long loading times, move your community package(s) to another folder before relaunching the title.

How to install a new update safely

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017133940-How-to-install-a-new-update-safely

General Fug Fixes

• Fine tuned memory / texture size balance settings on Xbox Series S. More tuning to come for the next version.

Glass Cockpits

• Garmin G3000 / G5000

The system will no longer automatically switch CDI source from FMS to LOC during ILS/LOC approaches unless the autopilot’s LOC mode is armed and ready to capture the localizer course.

Garmin G3X Touch

• Added the ability to enable the map NEXRAD overlay.
  • Opening a NRST page after closing it now resets the selected item to the first (nearest) item in the list.
  • Fixed an issue where the PFD AFCS status box would inappropriately display a numeric indication next to some vertical modes.
  • Fixed overflowing text in the PFD AFCS status box.
  • The PFD AFCS status box vertical speed target indication now uses up/down arrows to denote positive/negative vertical speed.
  • The MFD page navigation bar now changes its layout appropriately when swapping the MFD pane between the left and right sides.
  • Pushing the PFD knob will now sync the selected heading or course, depending on the action bound to the knob.
  • Fixed an issue where the page title and icon were not being displayed when the MFD Info page was open.
  • Fixed an issue where the page icon was not being displayed when the MFD Engine page was open.
  • Changing the range on the NRST map no longer affects the range of the MFD Map page map.
  • Fixed minor formatting errors in the Transponder menu and the CNS data bar transponder button.
  • Off-route direct-to flight plans from external navigators are now displayed correctly in the MFD FPL page and the PFD Flight Plan Inset.

Garmin GNS430W / GNS530W

• GNS units no longer require an internal autopilot (or autopilot of any kind) to automatically switch CDI source from GPS to VLOC during ILS/LOC approaches.
  • The logic to automatically switch CDI source from GPS to VLOC during ILS/LOC approaches now runs independently on each GNS unit. This fixes some incorrect behavior that could be encountered if two GNS units in the same airplane were configured to maintain independent flight plans.

Aircraft
General

• Fixed an issue that caused some P-51s to lose power on full throttle.

Helicopters

• Multi-engine helicopters: it’s now possible to bind governor switches and engines trimmers via CONTROL OPTIONS menu for each engine individually.
  • Multi-engine helicopters: cleaned up EVENT ID names for new events related to engine governors and trimmers. See SDK for details.

CubCrafters NXCub

• Transponder GND mode is no longer user selectable. The transponder will now automatically switch between GND and ALT modes based on whether the airplane is on the ground.

CubCrafters XCub

• Transponder GND mode is no longer user selectable. The transponder will now automatically switch between GND and ALT modes based on whether the airplane is on the ground.

World

• Fixed missing aerials and random crashes when multiple packages cover the same zone

Peripherals

• Updated and fixed Yawman Arrow profiles

New controls

• Added new actions to support twin engines helicopters

SDK

• Added new parameter pedal_yaw_control_scalar plugged to compensate for pedal_control_scalar parameter that was missing in modern helicopter flight model. By default it is initialized to 1.0 which is the value to set to make this parameter not change anything.

WASM

• Unused WASM module memory is now given back to the system to reduce memory impact of WASM module
  • Debug info about wasm memory usage has been added to the WASM Debug Window
Edited by turbomax
  • Like 4

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Posted (edited)

Duplicate Post. Deleted..

Edited by btacon
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, turbomax said:

just got a 2.47 GB update, incl. several minor airport updates:

Man, I really though I'd be the first to post about this 😄 Just booted up the sim and was greeted with the update. 

EDIT: Thought it was just released but I see now that it was 3 hrs ago...

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

2 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Thought it was just released but I see now that it was 3 hrs ago...

now that you mention it, yes I remember ...🤣

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

What's the LOD like in this version?

Plenty of complaints in a thread on the official forums that v1.37.7.0 saw a big drop in the visual experience compared to prior beta versions and SU14.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Just now, F737MAX said:

What's the LOD like in this version?

Plenty of complaints in a thread on the official forums that v1.37.7.0 saw a big drop in the visual experience compared to prior beta versions and SU14.

I've seen some of those complaints (but not really experienced them myself I think). Btw couldn't see anything about LODs in the release notes...

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

3 minutes ago, virtuali said:

Seems the AutoFPS app will need an update to support this.

why? CC @Reset XPDR

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

8 minutes ago, virtuali said:

Umberto, did the app fail on you when you tried to use it with the beta?

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, mmcmah said:

Umberto, did the app fail on you when you tried to use it with the beta?

Yes, 0.4.1 couldn't change the TLOD, it was fixed at 10 no matter what. It worked with the previous MSFS Beta though.

I'm trying 0.4.2 test now.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, virtuali said:

I'm using a really old version of the mod, before it reached 1.0.  Do I need to avoid this update?  

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Langeveldt said:

I'm using a really old version of the mod, before it reached 1.0.  Do I need to avoid this update?  

Latest test build here https://github.com/ResetXPDR/MSFS2020_AutoFPS/releases/tag/v0.4.2-test

Stable build: https://github.com/ResetXPDR/MSFS2020_AutoFPS/releases/tag/V0.4.1

People are testing as we speak if it will work correctly with this beta. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

People are testing as we speak if it will work correctly with this beta. 

Doesn't seem to work for me. Red numbers for TLOD and Cloud quality means the app hasn't recognized the memory offsets, right?

6 minutes ago, virtuali said:

Doesn't seem to work for me. Red numbers for TLOD and Cloud quality means the app hasn't recognized the memory offsets, right?

I'm not in the beta, so I don't know, but that seems logical. Unless the issue lies with the MobiFlight WASM module.