1 minute ago, mmcmah said:

Does the gap between the target FPS and your current FPS dictate how quickly your LODs change?

The larger the gap, the longer it takes for TLOD to change. I just saw it changing from 975 to 50. That did take a while. Which is very very good. In fact I just had the idea to capture a short video showing TLOD changing in this way, as I think a video will demonstrate this much better than still images. 

3 minutes ago, mmcmah said:

I tried something Reset had said, that you could set your FPS to 1 or 2 frames below your locked rate (I set it to 2) and I found it crawling in terms of FPS adjustments, even at the default sensitivity of 5.

I'm sure Reset will elaborate on this. Since he mentioned what you refer to above, I've set target FPS to 2 below the lock. I'll keep an eye on this to see if I've got the same issue on my end. 

Off topic: Does anyone else have the issue of Avsim freezing up after hitting "submit reply"? This happens very often for me. To the extent that I always make a backup of my longer posts. And btw I just copied this one to the clipboard, just in case. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

4 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

@Reset XPDR For some reason FPS value is showing as zero all of a sudden. I ran installer, selected remove. Then re-installed. 

EDIT: It's back to normal after rebooting my PC. 

EDIT2: No, it's back to not showing again. Same MSFS session. I'm wondering if AutoFPS is competing with another application for FPS value? If that makes sense. 

EDIT3: Working again after a system restart where I shut down RTSS before loading MSFS. 

Nothing has changed with the app, unless you were using 0.4.3.1-test which from your screen shot you are not. The app gets FPS from simconnect, and simconnect can have many apps using it at one. So, I have no idea why this is suddenly happening for you.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

Nothing has changed with the app, unless you were using 0.4.3.1-test which from your screen shot you are not. The app gets FPS from simconnect, and simconnect can have many apps using it at one. So, I have no idea why this is suddenly happening for you.

I just downgraded to v0.4.2-test_14Mar241000Z and currently it's working as intended, as shown in the video I'm about to share (not related to the issues I've been having by the way). 

EDIT: Same with test version - FPS back to Zero after loading another flight. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

2 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

By internally, do you mean that this effect is not reflected in the FPS value under sim values?

I'm trying to elaborate a bit further on the FG active vs inactive issue, and in doing so I discovered that AutoFPS is not reducing TLOD when FG is inactive. Am I missing something here? Just trying to figure out a way to force AutoFPS to reduce LODs to min when unable to reach target FPS. 

O5LPOCn.jpeg

IPhXvmJ.jpeg

Or is what I'm seeing related to what you mentioned above?

EDIT: And when bringing MSFS back into focus after writing this post, AutoFPS is back to showing FPS as zero... I'm getting very confused here. Well at least I got it to lower all values... 🤷‍♂️

uATwUCD.jpeg

Your first screenshot is fine, because FPS is above target so you expect TLOD Max. The second screenshot does not though, unless you took it the very second you gave  MSFS back the focus and it was still showing the non-FG FPS, which is I reckon what happened. You have to wait a few seconds for FPS to stabilise when giving MSFS back the focus. I just checked the code and it does not force a settle timer when MSFS gets the focus back with FG so it is possible to see such a thing as your second screenshot immediately after doing this. I will change the code so that a settle timer gets engage all times MSFS regains focus.

Re the internal halving I was talking about, you can see you have 113 FG FPS with an FG active target of 100. When you switch to the app having the focus, your FG FPS will normally halve to 56.5, which it looks like it did on your second screenshot which I have already discussed above. The internal halving I am talking about is the app now halves your FG active FPS target to 50 because it is really now your FG INactive FPS target, and since 56 current FPS is greater than the modified 50 target FPS, you are still above target FPS so your TLOD remains pegged at TLOD Max. I had to do this back in the DynamicLOD_ResetEdition otherwise your TLOD would try to dive because your 56 FPS was way under your 100 target, but that 100 target is no longer valid because FG is not active if that makes sense.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

1 hour ago, mmcmah said:

Does the gap between the target FPS and your current FPS dictate how quickly your LODs change?

I tried something Reset had said, that you could set your FPS to 1 or 2 frames below your locked rate (I set it to 2) and I found it crawling in terms of FPS adjustments, even at the default sensitivity of 5.

So I dropped the FPS target to 60 (I have my system set to a max of 70 via NCP and using GSYNC ) and the LOD settings started changing quicker.

Further to @Cpt_Piett's response, yes the bigger the gap the more change can occur. Previously if you had set 1 or 2 FPS below target, you wouldn't have even crossed the FPS tolerance threshold and no upwards adjustments would occur but with this latest version it will work but much slower than if you gave it a couple more FPS to work up a greater difference from target FPS. In your case, 5 FPS would have done it, but 10 obviously works too.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Off topic: Does anyone else have the issue of Avsim freezing up after hitting "submit reply"? This happens very often for me. To the extent that I always make a backup of my longer posts. And btw I just copied this one to the clipboard, just in case. 

Yes, quite often. I too copy my long posts to the clipboard so I have a backup.

Edited by Reset XPDR
  • Like 1

Very often as well, even with very short posts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

Further to @Cpt_Piett's response, yes the bigger the gap the more change can occur. Previously if you had set 1 or 2 FPS below target, you wouldn't have even crossed the FPS tolerance threshold and no upwards adjustments would occur but with this latest version it will work but much slower than if you gave it a couple more FPS to work up a greater difference from target FPS. In your case, 5 FPS would have done it, but 10 obviously works too.

Thank you. That makes sense. I've set it to 60 as per a suggestion Cpt_Piett made to set it at a minimum of 30 non-FG frames so that frame gen works best.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I just downgraded to v0.4.2-test_14Mar241000Z and currently it's working as intended, as shown in the video I'm about to share (not related to the issues I've been having by the way). 

EDIT: Same with test version - FPS back to Zero after loading another flight. 

Something must have changed on your system in the last day. Are you SURE you haven't been tinkering with something? 🤪😄

TLOD gradually changing from 975 to 50, demonstrating the impact on terrain draw distance:

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Reset XPDR said:

Something must have changed on your system in the last day. Are you SURE you haven't been tinkering with something? 🤪😄

Well I think you know the answer to that 😄 But honestly, I can't think of anything. But I'm starting to suspect it's not an issue with AutoFPS but rather a conflict somewhere with another application. The strange thing though is that I've been pretty much exclusively been using my PC the last few days with AutoFPS, Chrome and MSFS. 

It just stopped working again and I've reloaded MSFS as I'm about to make a similar video to the above one, this time with OLOD. But all these restarts are getting very time-consuming... AutoFPS has been working absolutely flawlessly since it was released, no issues whatsoever...

EDIT: After MSFS restart still 0... Perhaps a system reboot is needed. 

Well it could be possible that other apps are trying to access simconnect. I was on release version, haven't found 0.4.3.1-test yet, you must've hidden it well 😉 I just discovered another version - MSFS_AutoFPS-installer-v0.4.2-test_12Mar240940Z.exe from yesterday. 

https://github.com/ResetXPDR/MSFS2020_AutoFPS/releases/tag/v0.4.2-test

EDIT: That seems to be an older code build (don't have VFR/IFR). It checks out though. Shall I hold, or will you deal with this yourself?

I don't mean to overwhelm you with posts, it's just that I'm in the middle of a test session. 

EDIT: New Windows reboot and it's working again...

And I had another occasion of the "0" issue, now in the middle of a session. To try to eliminate if there's a simconnect conflict (even though you say it should handle more connections at the same time), I terminated Afterburner/RTSS as well as all Nvidia apps. 

Your first screenshot is fine, because FPS is above target so you expect TLOD Max. The second screenshot does not though, unless you took it the very second you gave  MSFS back the focus and it was still showing the non-FG FPS, which is I reckon what happened. You have to wait a few seconds for FPS to stabilise when giving MSFS back the focus. I just checked the code and it does not force a settle timer when MSFS gets the focus back with FG so it is possible to see such a thing as your second screenshot immediately after doing this. I will change the code so that a settle timer gets engage all times MSFS regains focus.

I did wait for quite a long time and it didn't reduce even though my FPS was way below target as a consequence of FG being inactive. 

Re the internal halving I was talking about, you can see you have 113 FG FPS with an FG active target of 100. When you switch to the app having the focus, your FG FPS will normally halve to 56.5, which it looks like it did on your second screenshot which I have already discussed above. The internal halving I am talking about is the app now halves your FG active FPS target to 50 because it is really now your FG INactive FPS target, and since 56 current FPS is greater than the modified 50 target FPS, you are still above target FPS so your TLOD remains pegged at TLOD Max. I had to do this back in the DynamicLOD_ResetEdition otherwise your TLOD would try to dive because your 56 FPS was way under your 100 target, but that 100 target is no longer valid because FG is not active if that makes sense.

That's the reason! Thanks a lot for taking the time to elaborate on this, despite my extensive fringe testing being way outside the intended usage. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

@Cpt_Piett I am going to respond on the screenshots thread, but you are absolutely right about the OLOD having an effect on the buildings.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I was on release version, haven't found 0.4.3.1-test yet, you must've hidden it well

I linked it a few pages ago when I announced the new test version but here it is. BTW, you can see all the releases out there, even older ones by going to this link which you can get to by clicking on releases in on the main AutoFPS page.

image.png?ex=660b862a&is=65f9112a&hm=ad5

• Like 2

Tried latest beta today and like others saw it struggling with lots of stutters and pauses. eventually locked up.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Tried latest beta today and like others saw it struggling with lots of stutters and pauses. eventually locked up.

What beta are you referring to?

Edited by Reset XPDR