Sign in to follow this  
bobcat999

F-86 Sabre coming 30th March from Shrike (Milviz)...

Posted (edited)

At last!..  I love the Sabre.  It will be available on the 30th March, at (what I think is) a reasonable price of $19.95.

They had kindly allowed their FSX / P3D model to be converted for use as freeware in MSFS (over on flightsim.to), as long as the cockpit was not modified to fully functional, and there are plenty of repaints for it.

Now we can have the real thing.  I love the vintage jets, and hopefully we can have a P-80 / T-33 one day.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 6

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

48 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

T-33

Yes! Sabre is nice for now 😁 Remember how A2A used to tease with development of a T-33? I hope someday that will happen.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Yes a T-33 would be a dream!

Sabre should be a fun pick up for that price. 

• Like 3

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

This is Milviz-Lite? 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

7 hours ago, The Flight Level said:

And it looks like you can customize with weapons (if not purchased from the Marketplace)!

Yes, that's right.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

15 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

hopefully we can have a P-80 / T-33 one day.

As a former USAF T-33 Crew Chief I would be EXTREMELY happy to see a T-Bird in the sim!!!!

(If anyone is familiar with the T-33 scale model from Great Wall models, the markings were for the aircraft I was Crew Chief of, 58-0671!!)

Russ

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

Oof that music ain't it. Nice to see some higher quality offerings in the lite military aircraft segment- almost certainly going to be better than the random garbage available on the marketplace.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

That was a lot of fun to fly in P3D. It like being one of those guys with a PPL who isn't satisfied with a used C172 or a Cherokee so you go buy yourself an F86 instead because you can.

Posted (edited)

Something which needs to be clarified. What is « lite » ? I don’t care for « liteness » in my simcraft…

19 hours ago, St Mawgan said:

This is Milviz-Lite?

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

Something which needs to be clarified. What is « lite » ? I don’t care for « liteness » in my simcraft…

It is done through the Blackbird (Milviz) attached development house called Shrike, formed specially to develop these 'Lite' (light) :rolleyes: models.  They have done a couple of aircraft already. 
As you suggest, they are not 'study level' like the normal offerings from Milviz / Blackbird.

My opinion is that there is a market for this, and I will buy it.
As long as it is a fair representation in terms of the model, sounds, basic systems, and flight dynamics (who can tell anyway?), I will be fine with it, as I don't always have the time for 'study level' everything; I just want to get in and fly the Sabre.
I think it is fine to have some releases as 'study level' (mainly airliners maybe?) and some at say 85-95% systems depth, or we will be waiting forever for all of our favourite aircraft to be released, and time is running out for some of us. :smile:

Edited by bobcat999
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

I

My opinion is that there is a market for this, and I will buy it.
As long as it is a fair representation in terms of the model, sounds, basic systems, and flight dynamics (who can tell anyway?), I will be fine with it, as I don't always have the time for 'study level' everything; I just want to get in and fly the Sabre.
I think it is fine to have some releases as 'study level' (mainly airliners maybe?) and some at say 85-95% systems depth, or we will be waiting forever for all of our favourite aircraft to be released, and time is running out for some of us. :smile:

Oh I don’t deny anybody the pleasure of having a light model 😁

Now, once this is out of the way, please define what you mean by « a fair representation in terms of the model, sounds, basic systems, and flight dynamics » ‘cause this what my post was all about. I don’t  care about operational weapons btw but the external loads have an impact on the flying.

Study level ? I dont know. Is the Comanche study level or MV own’s 310 ? I’d say faithfulness to what the 86 is known to be. 

The old timers will remember that Rob Young and Jan Visser were at the heart of a great freeware 86 in FS9 by the way. I don’t expect less.

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

...please define what you mean by « a fair representation in terms of the model, sounds, basic systems, and flight dynamics » ‘cause this what my post was all about. I don’t  care about operational weapons btw but the external loads have an impact on the flying...

As for the definition you want, I won't waste time trying to define what a 'fair representation' means.  
I would fail, because as you know, it would be different things to different people, and we would get the usual pedants jumping in to argue and split hairs for all of eternity.  

But, like the old saying, if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck... It's (probably) a duck!  :smile:

Edited by bobcat999
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

But, like the old saying, if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck... It's (probably) a duck!  :smile:

I can agree with that 😄. A simduck 🦆 !

• Like 1

Dominique

Sometimes ducks can be lame. I had the misfortune to find that out when I bought another Shrike product which shall be nameless but sure wasn't the C310. I didn't expect Blackbird/Milviz quality but it fell well short of even half as good. This one looks promising but I'll wait this time. 

• Upvote 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog