Sign in to follow this  
cianpars

nvngx_dlss.dll v 3.6

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DModjo said:

Outstanding visual quality with this one.

Hot tip, if you have the GPU horsepower, set DLSS in-game to Quality and these parameters in UserCfg.opt

PrimaryScaling 0.670000
    SecondaryScaling 2.000000

Because DLSS Quality renders at 66.6% of the native resolution, this tells the game to render at the same amount.

DLSS Quality then upscales to 1.50X and the secondary scaling parameter doubles it to be an exact of 3.0x which is then down-sampled to your monitor. The result is fantastic extremely sharp visuals especially if you have a 4K monitor with a good GPU.

Well this is interesting.  This is the first time I have seen it explained in this way.  I will try it.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Have to admit, I feel overwhelmed by the constantly changing best graphics setup for this game. Its pretty hard to keep up with what all the abbreviations and acronyms stand for let alone try to decide if a certain combination of all this stuff is gonna work best for you...and then redo it all again next month

I think Im out of the whole tweaking thing for a good while

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DModjo said:

Because DLSS Quality renders at 66.6% of the native resolution, this tells the game to render at the same amount.

It’s also possible to get even higher than 0.66x for an even sharper/clearer image. It will show up as ultra quality in the menu. As for 3.6 I can’t say that I’ve seen any improvements over last version. Maybe I haven’t looked closely enough. I don’t get the fruit machine effect that many are talking about though.

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

2 hours ago, DModjo said:

Outstanding visual quality with this one.

Hot tip, if you have the GPU horsepower, set DLSS in-game to Quality and these parameters in UserCfg.opt

PrimaryScaling 0.670000
    SecondaryScaling 2.000000

DLSS Quality then upscales to 1.50X and the secondary scaling parameter doubles it to be an exact of 3.0x which is then down-sampled to your monitor. The result is fantastic extremely sharp visuals especially if you have a 4K monitor with a good GPU.

Does this solve the much dimmer night lighting with DLSS vs. the brighter TAA nighttime lights?

Eric 

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

It’s also possible to get even higher than 0.66x for an even sharper/clearer image. It will show up as ultra quality in the menu. As for 3.6 I can’t say that I’ve seen any improvements over last version. Maybe I haven’t looked closely enough. I don’t get the fruit machine effect that many are talking about though.

I used to use higher than 0.66x (1.0x) but the quality was far worse. I think because the ratio isn't quite right and the down scaling results in some blurry distortion, whereas 3.0 down scales to 1.0 seamlessly. I was surprised at how much of an improvement there was.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, B777ER said:

Does this solve the much dimmer night lighting with DLSS vs. the brighter TAA nighttime lights?

I wouldn't say it's solved but it does make the lights much sharper and defined. I prefer the DLSS look to be honest.

Edited by DModjo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DModjo said:

I used to use higher than 0.66x (1.0x) but the quality was far worse. I think because the ratio isn't quite right and the down scaling results in some blurry distortion, whereas 3.0 down scales to 1.0 seamlessly. I was surprised at how much of an improvement there was.

Have you tried 0.80x? Works great for me, very decent visual quality. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Have you tried 0.80x? Works great for me, very decent visual quality. 

This would make sense as it sounds like you're using DLSS Ultra Quality (I'm only on Quality) which has a render resolution at around 77% so the scaling up and then down must be proportional.

Edited by DModjo

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Which menu is this Captain?

PS:  It is strange you don't get the 'fruit machine' effect in DLSS.  It simply looks like blurry tapes when they are moving quickly in planes like the PMDG 737.

Edited by bobcat999

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

PS:  It is strange you don't get the 'fruit machine' effect in DLSS.  It simply looks like blurry tapes when they are moving quickly in planes like the PMDG 737.

MSFS menu, sorry, could've been more specific. And yes, it almost baffles me that I don't get the fruit machine. For those who don't believe me - have a look in my YT channel 🙂

Btw to get higher than default DLSS quality, some tweaks needs to be implemented: 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

delete

Edited by sonny147
added

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

26 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

MSFS menu, sorry, could've been more specific...

Thanks Captain!  Very helpful as usual. 

I didn't realise altering certain criteria would cause the in sim menu to adjust its available selection settings.  I learn something new every day - which is good of course.  :smile:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Looking more closely, I wonder if image quality is a tad better w/ 3.6.0... This is with DLSS ultra quality btw (0.80x native)

3U3fj2v.jpeg

Oh, I tested DLAA (AI-based antialiasing without any downscaling) - since IslandSimPilot mentioned it in his DLSS update video the other day. I honestly think DLSS is better. DLAA gave me lots of shimmering in the mid-far distance. Also, after having scrutinized many DLSS vs TAA images, I think DLSS comes out a bit better due to more advanced antialiasing + less shimmering. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 3/22/2024 at 9:37 AM, cianpars said:

Version 3.6 is out.  I installed last night and will test later and report my findings.

I have been using 3.5 for a while now but had issues with v 3.5.1 as did a few others so it will be interesting to see how good the latest version is.

That one isn't for FG still at 3.5.10 😉
(Please note for FG it should read, this download is for DLSS 3 frame generation specifically, the "g" at the end of the filename)

Edited by virtualstuff

André

13 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Looking more closely, I wonder if image quality is a tad better w/ 3.6.0... This is with DLSS ultra quality btw (0.80x native)

3U3fj2v.jpeg

Oh, I tested DLAA (AI-based antialiasing without any downscaling) - since IslandSimPilot mentioned it in his DLSS update video the other day. I honestly think DLSS is better. DLAA gave me lots of shimmering in the mid-far distance. Also, after having scrutinized many DLSS vs TAA images, I think DLSS comes out a bit better due to more advanced antialiasing + less shimmering. 

Now I'm even more confused. I thought IslandSimPilot  was advocating using both, with DLAA as a replacement for TAA not as an alternative to DLSS..arent DLSS and DLAA completely different?, with only the latter being involved with anti aliasing?