Sign in to follow this  
cianpars

nvngx_dlss.dll v 3.6

5 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

I have tempered my expectations with these updates.  I never saw any noticeable difference between my older version 2.something and my current v 3.5 even.

True, but texture sharpness IS massively improved for me with 3.6

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

The one main thing about DLSS that you don't have with TAA, dimmer night lighting. Airport taxi lighting and ground lighting as a whole are much dimmer with DLSS than TAA. Don't know why but this is one of the reasons I've gone back to TAA. 

I agree.   I actually tried FSR2 in DX12 a while ago (although it's an AMD method, it does work with Nvidia cards), and the lighting looked superb in that. 
I swapped back out mainly due to performance and a shimmer effect in the mid distance if I remember.

All AA methods seem to have a shimmer at  certain distances it seems.  The one in DLSS isn't too bad.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

3 hours ago, vincentrouleau said:

The gauge blurriness are 'good enough' now for me to you DLSS - Quality. 

Give DLSS - DLA a try. I find textures sharper than the quality setting.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Just now, MrBitstFlyer said:

True, but texture sharpness IS massively improved for me with 3.6

OK.  I will have to give it a try later.  How about the flat panels?  Are the blurry panels and fruit machine effect on the tapes gone for you as well?

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Just now, bobcat999 said:

OK.  I will have to give it a try later.  How about the flat panels?  Are the blurry panels and fruit machine effect on the tapes gone for you as well?

No, still the same fruit machine effects,  but I don't feel the panels have been blurry for me for a while.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

What's the difference between this thread and the one yesterday that got shipped over to video hardware and video drivers in a heartbeat ?

Edited by mobeans10
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, mobeans10 said:

What's the difference between this thread and the one yesterday that got shipped over to video hardware and video drivers in a heartbeat ?

The difference is, we all like the OP for this thread!  :laugh:

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

No, still the same fruit machine effects,  but I don't feel the panels have been blurry for me for a while.

As a side note, DLSS with DLAA is sharper for me than DLSS with the quality settings.

54 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

As a side note, DLSS with DLAA is sharper for me than DLSS with the quality settings.

Whilst I agree with that statement, for me it came at a too large a performance cost.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Apparently this version requires the new Nvidia driver 551.86 to function correctly.  I was on the hotfix version but am now in the process of installing the new one.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

it gave me a GPU error so its gone lol , had to re install 551.86 

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

why dlss swaper still doesnt show 3.6 version??

37 minutes ago, Epgd said:

why dlss swaper still doesnt show 3.6 version??

You can download the 3.6 file then import into DLSS Swapper.

Having spent a good few hours on this now, I can honestly say that 551.86 and 3.6 gives me the best looking and performing MSFS probably ever. Now I only have to pray that SU15 doesn't ruin it all next week 😶

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Outstanding visual quality with this one.

Hot tip, if you have the GPU horsepower, set DLSS in-game to Quality and these parameters in UserCfg.opt

PrimaryScaling 0.670000
    SecondaryScaling 2.000000

Because DLSS Quality renders at 66.6% of the native resolution, this tells the game to render at the same amount.

DLSS Quality then upscales to 1.50X and the secondary scaling parameter doubles it to be an exact of 3.0x which is then down-sampled to your monitor. The result is fantastic extremely sharp visuals especially if you have a 4K monitor with a good GPU.