Sign in to follow this  
cianpars

nvngx_dlss.dll v 3.6

1 minute ago, Lonesome Cowboy Burt said:

Now I'm even more confused. I thought IslandSimPilot  was advocating using both, with DLAA as a replacement for TAA not as an alternative to DLSS..arent DLSS and DLAA completely different?, with only the latter being involved with anti aliasing?

Yeah, I got confused by his video too, as he's been preaching DLSS in many of his videos. TBH I've barely tried DLAA. Just did today out of curiosity...

You're right DLAA and DLSS are very different - DLAA is an AI-based antialiasing tech that doesn't do any upscaling. 

Btw has anyone seen any info on changes in 3.6.0?

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

2 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Yeah, I got confused by his video too, as he's been preaching DLSS in many of his videos. TBH I've barely tried DLAA. Just did today out of curiosity...

You're right DLAA and DLSS are very different - DLAA is an AI-based antialiasing tech that doesn't do any upscaling. 

It was your post that confused me, I think I understood his video

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Lonesome Cowboy Burt said:

It was your post that confused me, I think I understood his video

Yeah comparing DLSS and DLAA might not be fair. I got confused when he mentioned DLAA though. Didn't see the whole video, should probably re-watch it. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

That's why I use DLSS with DLAA far less artifacts... then using TAA

If you are using FG then you won't see anything different because the DLL isn't used 😉

Edited by virtualstuff

André

Posted (edited)

Wait, what? DLSS with DLAA, how is that even possible? Either I'm more confused than usual, or my MSFS menu doesn't let me combine the two...

Another thing I'm confused about, is that the FG-DLSS version is needed for FG, and the non-FG version is needed for DLSS ultra quality. I've tested this many times. Apparently I need both. 

JDhlbba.gif

Edited by Cpt_Piett

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Wait, what? DLSS with DLAA, how is that even possible? Either I'm more confused than usual, or my MSFS menu doesn't let me combine the two...

Another thing I'm confused about, is that the FG-DLSS version is needed for FG, and the non-FG version is needed for DLSS ultra quality. I've tested this many times. I need both. 

Yep I have the option DLSS with DLAA in DX12 with FG and HDR

In case of FG-DLSS the only one used is nvngx_dlssg.dll nothing else...

Edited by virtualstuff

André

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, virtualstuff said:

Yep I have the option DLSS with DLAA in DX12 with FG and HDR

I'm not only confused today, I'm outright stupid. Never thought of it since I always use ultra quality. I'll switch between them to see if there's any difference. 

...but then I just remembered that with DLSS+DLAA the resolution will be lower i.e. 0.67x native instead of 0.80. The difference is probably not huge though. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I'm not only confused today, I'm outright stupid. Never thought of it since I always use ultra quality. I'll switch between them to see if there's any difference. 

I have far less shimmering and flickering with DLAA (actually it's completely gone)
j6z.png

Edited by virtualstuff

André

What I can not understand is why sometimes is very smooth and with the time the stutters become disturbing. After a MSFS restart all is smooth again.

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

21 minutes ago, Vali said:

What I can not understand is why sometimes is very smooth and with the time the stutters become disturbing. After a MSFS restart all is smooth again.

Check your VRAM when it's running out or close to the max of your GPU, stutters will occur in DX12... could be one of those...

André

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

DLSS 3.6 with DLAA is very sharp - sharpest I have seen DLSS.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, virtualstuff said:

I have far less shimmering and flickering with DLAA (actually it's completely gone)

Interesting. Btw I just tried DLDSR again w/ 1.78x native. Can't say I notice a huge difference. Since it makes my GPU work at a constant 99%, I'll just stay at native 4K. 

I don't really get much shimmering w/ DLSS. But I'll leave DLAA on for a while. 

18 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

DLSS 3.6 with DLAA is very sharp - sharpest I have seen DLSS.

Good to know, I'm trying it out right now. There's a difference when zooming in. Seems to be more details/sharpness w/ DLAA. Not sure how/if they differ re: shimmering in the distance though. I'll check it out when I land in Copenhagen. 

DLSS: 

uZhXScK.jpeg

DLAA: 

KprHciV.jpeg

(DLDSR at 5461x2880)

Edited by Cpt_Piett

There's no nvngx_dllsg.dll 3.6 file. I am an RTX 3090 card owner so I have to use the FG hack. Without that file, will I still be able to use FG?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Posted (edited)

I tried it out yesterday and replaced this file with the new version 3.6:

C:\XboxGames\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Content\nvngx_dlls.dll

The original file was version 2.4.12.0, time stamp 16. Feb. 2024 / 06:55, size 13.839 kB.

I found no effect in VR with DLSS & DLAA (I solely fly VR). To my surprise, after a few starts of MSFS the original file had been automatically restored. On my system, it seems to be protected somehow.

Michael

Edited by michaelth

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

This new dlls is working sharper, but the ghosting is still there and bad fps performance on my side.

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).