Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Started MSFSF this morning, weird things

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Are you on beta? I didn't see any update. 

Yes, it was a beta update. Forgot what thread I was in.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

26 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Looks like the issue has been solved

Which one? My not being able to log into Xbox account, press key to continue and insert disc issue?

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

7 minutes ago, DAD said:

Which one? My not being able to log into Xbox account, press key to continue and insert disc issue?

PC users that were obtaining a flash update window with no update at all and the sim starts up in windowed mode, even if it’s set to full screen mode.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I have though/said this for years: developers/manufacturers of any product/software etc should focus on the bugs and issues first before adding any more content. This is universal.

Example: I use Sena for motorcycle communication and their focus is always on adding more features instead of fixing the connection issues.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

Posted (edited)

Here too... It doesn't start in full screen, shows there's and update and in fractions of a second opens the update window then closes it... Keeps telling me the data in the cloud is not in sync with the one in the PC... Helicopters still fly like word not allowed... 

It's MFS 2020... For the good and for the not so good (I can't use the stronger word "bad" because it is simply not applicable to MSFS 2020...)

I still really like the Good above the not so good and...btw... It's Beta SU15, so we're supposed to deal with weirdness and bugs or simply opt out of it...

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, edpatino said:

This is a known bug and MS/Asobo mentioned it will be solved with the official SU15 release. In the meantime, if your sim starts up in windowed mode, just press ALT + ENTER to make it full screen again.

Not what the OP was talking about, Windowed mode thing still the same for this non-beta user but there's already a thread for that issue.

(They are separate issues, I have the windowed mode bug but not the stuff Bob Mentions in his first post)

Edited by Lonesome Cowboy Burt

Posted (edited)

Just started up again...I now have the fake update issue also (the windowed mode bug came about a week ago iirc)

In the UK...I assume different rollout dates/times by region

Oh and its  changed setting in my world map, I now have the legend displayed

Edited by Lonesome Cowboy Burt

I haven't flown for a week, so it looks like I will have lots to look forward to! :wacko:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, orchestra_nl said:

Me too. Sim started up and asked for a disk, which I don't have.
Xbox app told me it had issues with my account. I logged out of the Xbox app en restarted.

Phew! Are these incessant issues ever going to end?  😵

Also, occasionally I get asked whether I want to use the latest cloud version when starting the sim...🤷‍♂️

19 hours ago, adaniel said:

When I started FS2020 yesterday, I got the message that I had to put in the disk. It has happened a couple of times earlier also, and  I have been logged out of my xbox and Microsoft store accounts. Logging in again has solved the problem. Yesterday I was not able to log in again. After trying to solve the problem myself, I contacted MS support. They trued to help me more than two hours, but with no success. The last they did was to reinstall Win11. Today I have tried to solve it again. The last thing I was told to do was to change my password for my MS account. I did so, and afterwards my pc was restarted. After then I am not able to log in to my pc either. Now I dont know what to do.

That's terrible! Hopefully someone here comes up with some excellent advice that can help you. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

3 hours ago, Lonesome Cowboy Burt said:

Not what the OP was talking about, Windowed mode thing still the same for this non-beta user but there's already a thread for that issue.

(They are separate issues, I have the windowed mode bug but not the stuff Bob Mentions in his first post)

Yes, probably. It's weird all those kind of things happening at the same time.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

4 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Phew! Are these incessant issues ever going to end?  😵

Also, occasionally I get asked whether I want to use the latest cloud version when starting the sim... 🤷‍♂️

I also had that two days ago.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Posted (edited)

Ah, thought I'd hit a wall at some point! Just tried loading MS and the sim crashed. It's impossible for me to get anywhere after getting an error message saying this game has crashed Error code: (0xc0000005) I've updated Xbox game bar and MS store, exited accounts and restarted and still no joy. Really miffed about this. Is anyone else experiencing this? Anyone have any ideas? EDIT: Hmm, dunno what's gone oing on, but now I can't even do a Win10 update. EDIT: Just done a system restore. Still no joy :angry: 

Edited by Rocky_53

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

It's a plot by Lockheed Martin to get us all back to P3Dv6

What? It's true. 😎

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Posted (edited)

Well,

I had made a backup of the sim last week, before uninstalling it, tired of the various quirks I was facing...

Today I reinstalled it and grabbed the backup before running the sim for the first time so that it just downloaded a 5,4 GB total of updates, although I don't really know what exactly was downloaded.

After that sim looks stable, it's working... 

Just noticed a post here at the forum about the release of the SU15 ASOBO 320 NEO ? Might that update be the culprit ?

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...