Sign in to follow this  
Andy675

EGLL VGDS

I have installed the updated Inibuild EGLL, Heathrow and cannot get the VDGS Docking system to work. Am I alone or are others experiencing the same problem? Is there a fix? The VDGS files seem to be in the correct places.

Thanks in anticipation

Yes, I have nool installed, and to make sure I downloaded yesterday the latest version. 

10 minutes ago, Andy675 said:

Yes, I have nool installed, and to make sure I downloaded yesterday the latest version. 

Make sure it has an autolaunch section in the MSFS EXE.xml ! Same thing happened to me.

spacer.png5800X3D, 64GB 3200 RAM, 7900 XT 20GB

Posted (edited)

I have just checked, the auto launch is there.

In case it is relevant, the VDGS is correctly working at EIDW (Dublin). I also purchased from Inibuilds.

Edited by Andy675

I have also been having this problem and started digging around. I posted on inibuilds discord (the quoted text below) what I found as I think this may be the solution:

With the latest version of EGLL I was not seeing VDGS working (I don't use GSX). I was digging around and noticed that the file structure for the VDGS profile was a little different to other VDGS enabled airports. Currently the vdgs details are located in a folder labelled SimObjects/Landmarks/noolaero-vdgs-egll which doesn't seem to get recognised by the VDGS module.

When I changed the file structure to SimObjects/Landmarks/noolaero VDGS EGLL and used the noolaero rescan tool then the vdgs profile info for EGLL finally got added to the noolaero cache for vdgs to work.
(Note making this change also requires the layout.json to be updated to reflect the new folder names)

I am sharing this for others who may have difficulties with VDGS in the latest EGLL 3.1.0 release

I’ve never had working guidance systems at any airport I own , I presumed it was a limitation of the host sim.

I must be missing something simple in my set up, any ideas where I’m going wrong?

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

17 hours ago, tamalien said:

I have also been having this problem and started digging around. I posted on inibuilds discord (the quoted text below) what I found as I think this may be the solution:

Thank you for this, but I still have had no luck. I have now raised a ticket with Inibuilds.

4 hours ago, jon b said:

I’ve never had working guidance systems at any airport I own , I presumed it was a limitation of the host sim.

I must be missing something simple in my set up, any ideas where I’m going wrong?

Without wishing to insult, do you have the pay ware version of Heathrow, Dublin, Brussels and I expect there are other airports installed? Only a few airports have this feature enabled. 

Yes I have the inibuilds Heathrow and I think it’s the MK Dublin.

I’ve got numerous airports from various developers installed but never seen a working guidance system anywhere, I suspect I’ve got something set wrong somewhere or not installed in the sim

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

1 hour ago, jon b said:

I’ve got numerous airports from various developers installed but never seen a working guidance system anywhere, I suspect I’ve got something set wrong somewhere or not installed in the sim

For what is worth, I've also experienced the same issue all along.  I gave up on VGDS in MSFS.

• Like 1

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

3 hours ago, jon b said:

All you need is nool in your community folder. Everything else gets installed with the specific scenery you use (of course that airport needs to support nool, but many do). GSX also can create VDGS, if you use an airport profile with it (-> flightsim.to).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DMullert said:

For what is worth, I've also experienced the same issue all along.  I gave up on VGDS in MSFS.

I’m simultaneously glad yet sorry to hear that , it wasn’t just me then.

It looks like there maybe a simple solution.

787 captain.  

11 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

All you need is nool in your community folder. Everything else gets installed with the specific scenery you use (of course that airport needs to support nool, but many do). GSX also can create VDGS, if you use an airport profile with it (-> flightsim.to).

I’ll give that a try, thanks very much for the suggestion.

787 captain.  

4 hours ago, jon b said:

I’m simultaneously glad yet sorry to hear that , it wasn’t just me then.

It looks like there maybe a simple solution.

I wish it would be that "dumb simple".  I've always had the "noolaero-module-vgds" latest version installed in my Community folder to no avail.  Something else might be the culprit.

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

While I am waiting for Inibuilds to get back to me, I re-installed the previous version of EGLL and the VGDS works fine. The problem has to be contained within version 3.