Sign in to follow this  
Tuppi

X-Aviation Gizmo64 Licence.

Hello, thank you for all the support you can give us through the forums.
I bought two planes from X-Aviation, the TBM900 for XP11 and the MU2 Marquise for XP12. Not really understanding (without looking too hard either) the license validation was done over time, by typing FREEZE to activate it.
A first lock occurred, after a message, X-Aviation unlocked Gizmo.
I had to reinstall Windows on my computer, no way to find the name communicated to X-Aviation during license renewal. Since then and even by reinstalling each plane, on XP11 and XP12 I cannot unlock Gizmo, Machine ID locked message.
I wrote to X-Aviation twice without any response from them (communicating the numbers and dates of purchase).
Should I continue writing in the hope that they will respond to me already, then unblock Gizmo.
I understand the concern about computer hacking and the implementation of rather radical solutions, but to think that all the customers who have lost their
password Gizmo are hackers, there is still a margin.
As long as X-Aviation products have been purchased and proof of purchase is provided, what is the reason for X-Aviation not to unblock the situation?
Please answer me and perhaps help me resolve this problem which prevents me from:
1/ to use these two planes purchased
2/ the purchase of new aircraft, notably the Hot Star Challenger 650 (I wrote a third message asking what were the procedures to follow to be able to purchase a new X-Aviation product with no response from them).

I'm sorry to bother you, but I don't know what to do anymore.

Sincerely.

For information: - Purchase of HotStart TBM900 (ORDER NUMBER: 126441) for XP11
                    - Purchase of the TOGA Simulations MU-2 Marquise v2 (ORDER NUMBER: 132233) for XP12

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Tuppi said:

I'm sorry to bother you, but I don't know what to do anymore.

Could be your Internet Security may have blocked it, you could check if Gizmo is switched on, go to Plugins ( top bar of screen) click on 'Hide Plugin Admin' check if Gizmo64 is ticked.

Edited by onebob

4 hours ago, Tuppi said:

I wrote to X-Aviation twice without any response from them (communicating the numbers and dates of purchase).

This is not true. You received a reply quite a few days ago now. Please check your spam box or search for messages from X-Aviation.

Founder of X-Aviation

Thanks to "Un Bob" for your intervention, everything is back to normal.
Indeed following your response, I reinstalled the planes under XP11 for the TBM 900 and under XP12 for the Mu2 Marquise.
To my great and very pleasant surprise, the gizmo was unlocked and I was able to activate it. So a big thank you to you.

I would now like to respond to "Cameron XA Founder of X-Aviation" without wanting to create controversy and understanding the need to protect your addons: but first

Hello Sir!

1/ I have not received any messages from you and believe me, I have monitored my messaging every day since I wrote my messages (my ISP will be blamed but in no case am I implying that you do not didn't answer me)
I posted on several forums to try to find a solution through a third party thinking that X-Aviation took me for a pirate, without result to date.
Not being able to use these two planes anymore hurt my heart both emotionally and financially.
I am sincerely sorry that I had to bother X-Aviation technical support once again to resolve this incident.

2/ I am French and your response seems quite unusual to me coming from the founder of X-Aviation.
   I still bought these two planes and as such a little more empathy towards a customer would be welcome.
These messages are read by a lot of people and I don't think this lack of politeness is in your favor (at least in France).

On the other hand I quote to you:

Also consider visiting our forums for quicker answers from those in our community.
 We will reply as soon as we are able and will endeavor to reply within 3 days, but usually quicker.
Please do not send multiple e-mails or this will delay our response to you!

I still let a week pass before sending you a second message and I posted on various forums as I wrote previously.
So I think I followed your instructions.

To finish, can you provide me with a tutorial for optimal and long-term use of Gizmo64.

I hope that if another malfunction occurs in the future, I can count on your support again.

Thank you anyway for unblocking this situation, frankly I didn't believe it anymore.

(I'm sorry if my English is incorrect, Google translate will have to be blamed.)

Best regards to both of you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Tuppi said:

Hello Sir!

1/ I have not received any messages from you and believe me, I have monitored my messaging every day since I wrote my messages (my ISP will be blamed but in no case am I implying that you do not didn't answer me)

clipped

Something you should make note of.  Sending multiple support requests will keep pushing you to the back of the line in X-Aviation support.  Every time a new ticket is created, the original one gets deleted.  This is done to cut down on congestion in the support channel.  So, as a result, your support request will take longer to be seen.

Just make sure you make a note of your ticket number when it gets sent to you, and then wait for a response.  Average response time is 3 days, but most responses take less than that.  Sometimes the same day.

10 hours ago, Tuppi said:

To finish, can you provide me with a tutorial for optimal and long-term use of Gizmo64.

Why, Its installed with an aircraft you buy. Nothing else to do. Only time it will ever show its face is when you need to register a new add on, you need to reenter your details if you dont let it do its check IE dont use xplane for a while

There are other websites to buy aircraft for x-plane. Much better support also.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, leon310 said:

So, tell me where I can buy HotStart addons, which are considered the best? Where I can find great TBM 900 and Challenger simulations? I will wait for you to give me a proper answer that will include good alternative addons (there is none for your information). 🙂

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I think it's a misunderstanding, I've bought most of the fleet that x-aviation has and the treatment from these guys has always been very good.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, leon310 said:

You had me until you said "Much better support".

Much better support is very subjective.  However, if you can give me a specific example or examples of the inferior support you received, I'll be sure to address it.

Posted (edited)

Never had any problems with X-Aviation whatsoever - quite on the contrary !

Love their aircraft, Goran (with a strange surname I can never spell) is a long time simmer supporter and developer of my beloved DC-3, the other day I sent an email reply to a promotional email I had received and an answer was in my mailbox sooner than I could expect, same day!

I uninstall stuff so so so many times, reinstall, delete without properly uninstalling.... and yet never had a single problem with activations....

Well, each one has her/his own experiences... Mine are good so far.

AH! And there's what may become the BEST EVER CITATION coming from XA !!!

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

29 minutes ago, leon310 said:

This is why I do not like Cameron. 

I met him and shared a few beers at the Laminar developers summit in montreal in Feb.

Especially considering our differences of opinion in the past I gotta say he's a decent bloke with a vibrant passion for flight sim and a keen eye for quality.

Highlights an interesting trade off I guess, what do you want, more investment in the aircraft leaving less for support, or vice versa.

I unfortunatrly cant say the same for the guy that runs that other XP store with a much broader scope of support.

Then you have microsoft probably spending more per month on zendesk than most devs for any sim make in sales..

There is a lot of opportunity for improving support accross the xplane landscape, probably time to stop blaming people and start looking at ways to actually improve it.

On 3/24/2024 at 2:03 AM, GoranM said:

Every time a new ticket is created, the original one gets deleted.  This is done to cut down on congestion in the support channel.  So, as a result, your support request will take longer to be seen.

Just a thought, but maybe don't do this?

Had a weird day yesterday which went from signing off most of my part of a huge (non XP related)12 month project, to signing off

https://github.com/mSparks43/747-400/issues/337

After scanning through old issues looking for something to kill half hour on, to reading this thread, to opening a discussion on what people are using to manage support in the developer slack.

Improving comms with the community is something we should probably all put some time into fixing instead of just talking about it.

Baby steps already, but good to strive to do better.

• Like 2

AutoATC Developer

Posted (edited)

I have to say MSparks, your writing is very interesting reading. I too love flight simulation. I have over 11,000 hours in x-plane 11 and 15,000 hours in online flying on networks. Why I am in here, I don't know? I will say I did a four year apprenticeship in the trades and learned from the best how get under peoples skin. If you are thinned skin, you will never make in the trades. The first two years you are treated like dogs. But I am not a violent person, but love to run my mouth and I cuss a lot too. LOL that is why I get kicked out of websites.

I need to stick to what I am very good at. Flying a airplane in a simulator. And stay out of here.

This is the only place now I can advertise my virtual airlines. I have been kicked out everywhere else. I have to behave.

Edited by leon310

54 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Just a thought, but maybe don't do this?

I don't really want to get into specifics, but under the current system, X-Aviation can receive hundreds of support tickets per day.  If the current system was scrapped, and there were multiple tickets from the same person, that number could increase quite significantly.