Fiorentoni

BeyondATC official poll - release now or later?

If that´s the roadmap I would say that the only thing that worked for BATC was the marketing?

We saw working traffic/pushback videos months ago. Were they fake? What´s going on here? 

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

It will take YEARS before it's in a good enough shape to reliably control the human aircraft in every situation like P2ATC does.

P2ATC manages it about 80% of the time for me, sometimes it likes to throw out nonsense altitude restrictions OR on vectors turns you way too late.

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

1 hour ago, Gazzareth said:

P2ATC manages it about 80% of the time for me, sometimes it likes to throw out nonsense altitude restrictions OR on vectors turns you way too late.

G

This hasn't happened to me for months. Vectors are spot on 100% of the time. Also no idea what altitude restrictions it should give, it only relies on those of the SID and STAR. Or do you mean the cleared altitudes?

9 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

This hasn't happened to me for months. Vectors are spot on 100% of the time. Also no idea what altitude restrictions it should give, it only relies on those of the SID and STAR. Or do you mean the cleared altitudes?

Last flight it gave vectors for me that completely missed the ILS, guessing they came late.

Pretty sure the Altitude restriction issues have been for a STAR where you get differing altitudes depending on your runway. Fortunately it doesn't hassle you if you miss them 🤣.

Oh and "direct-to" functionality is broken (again), as it gives you the direct and then reverts back to the original waypoint (you can see that in the log window!)..

I still fly with it every flight, and even after BATC comes out I'll still be using it in p3d & XPlane.  But it's far from perfect...

G

1 minute ago, Gazzareth said:

Last flight it gave vectors for me that completely missed the ILS, guessing they came late.

Pretty sure the Altitude restriction issues have been for a STAR where you get differing altitudes depending on your runway. Fortunately it doesn't hassle you if you miss them 🤣.

Oh and "direct-to" functionality is broken (again), as it gives you the direct and then reverts back to the original waypoint (you can see that in the log window!)..

I still fly with it every flight, and even after BATC comes out I'll still be using it in p3d & XPlane.  But it's far from perfect...

G

I'm sorry, but are you sure you are updated to the latest version (see website, public beta part)? I'm using P2ATC at least once a day for an IFR flight and again for many months it has vectored me perfectly, every single time. And also direct-tos have been working perfectly (except for direct-tos to an approach waypoint after/at the FAF, but those are instantly declined on my side, so no bug here), again, using them on almost every flight (gotta love those shortcuts).

Voted to wait for traffic injection.

I never understood what the point of ATC without it actually controlling traffic.
Like without traffic, why bother with arrivals or departures?
Why bother with airways for that matter, might as well go in a direct line between airports.
Get your takeoff clearance right at the gate, save everyone the hassle.

FSHud is probably the only one doing it right, as janky and robotic as it is at the moment. And I've tried a lot of them - pilot2atc, sayintentions, ProATC.
Would be nice to have an actual competitor to that.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

I'm sorry, but are you sure you are updated to the latest version (see website, public beta part)? I'm using P2ATC at least once a day for an IFR flight and again for many months it has vectored me perfectly, every single time. And also direct-tos have been working perfectly (except for direct-tos to an approach waypoint after/at the FAF, but those are instantly declined on my side, so no bug here), again, using them on almost every flight (gotta love those shortcuts).

Yes, latest beta version. Interesting the direct to function works perfectly for you, have you used them from a SID? Wonder if that could be the issue.

I'm 20 to 30 flights a month, all IFR on p2atc - although I couldn't say how many of those flights had vectors, at least one (at most two) "failed" by turning me to intercept far too late.

G

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

have you used them from a SID? Wonder if that could be the issue.

Yes, predominantly SIDs. But also during cruise and arrival.
If you see that again make sure to send the logs to Dave. He'll fix that in no time.

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, techman said:

Were they fake?

No, they're just not ready for release yet.

11 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

No, they're just not ready for release yet.

Looks like we have to wait another couple of months. 

Posted (edited)

Yep, dev said Traffic injector should be ready for next 2-4 months. 

Edited by rutrA

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB RAM 5200MHz, Asus Prime B650+, 850W PSU

English is not my first language.

No way w/o AI traffic being accomodated.  Heck that's already present in funky MSFS ATC.  What impetus does BATC have to aggressively complete the product if it sells well w/o traffic???  No buy until traffic is included here.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

19 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Would you and anyone else please at least read what the actual poll is about? It's not about buggy release VS polished release, it's about releasing one polished part (ATC communications and human control) and releasing the other part (AI Injection and control) later.

Doesn't matter. It's incomplete and even though the terms of early release would make it absolutely clear that you're only getting the one polished part and not anything else at first, within a week of release people will be howling with rage, calling for the devs' heads and possibly threatening a class action lawsuit because they heard the term on TV once.

The art of patience is dead and buried. People want what they want, and in true Veruca Salt fashion, they want it NOW.

This is one of many reasons aside from general lack of programming acumen that I could never be a dev. I would have a very hard time self-censoring in the face of that garbage.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Noel said:

What impetus does BATC have to aggressively complete the product if it sells well w/o traffic???

Because it's a promised feature?

Also remember Traffic wasn't even going to be originally part of the program when it was first announced, only ATC, it was demand that got that part of the project started, which is why it is further behind in development than the actual ATC part.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Noel said:

No way w/o AI traffic being accomodated.  Heck that's already present in funky MSFS ATC.  What impetus does BATC have to aggressively complete the product if it sells well w/o traffic???  No buy until traffic is included here.

No one will force you to buy BATC before traffic has been added. I don't see a problem here. Those who think traffic is mandatory can wait and all others can buy it. Of course the development of traffic might (or probably will) slow down a bit due to an EA release and the to be expected flood of bugs being reported but still, everyone is free to wait.