Sign in to follow this  
xenonsk

Beta Update 1.37.11.0

11 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Ah, another update. Perhaps that's what sent me into the worst battle with MSFS since august 2020. Short version: Got an error message about some "missing packages". After exhausting all avenues I could think of, I ended up doing a complete MSFS reinstall. Currently at 52/140GB... 😵

Bummer, but just think how clean and shiny your bits will be!😎

Thanks for delaying SU15 iniBuilds. 

Eric 

6 minutes ago, btacon said:

Bummer, but just think how clean and shiny your bits will be!😎

Those bits better be sparkling! 😅

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

18 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Thanks for delaying SU15 iniBuilds. 

Good grief it’s only delay by a couple of weeks. Does it really matter in the scheme of things? 

• Like 9

Cheers

Steve Hall

Is anyone else seeing a new issue that has appeared with this beta update;  In the Working Title G1000, pressing key shortcuts for the HEADING BUG results in the bug moving in large (approx 10 degree) increments?

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Posted (edited)

the patch fixed my MCDU freezing when trying to select a departure runway at LEMD with the neoV2

There's still people reporting freezing on the forums, but I can't reproduce it.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, jcomm said:

Extremely fast download of the patch...

Full speed for me as well, I hope it wasn't a one-off.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I don't know why people are linking the delay of SU15 to the IniBuilds A320.

The beta has had enough problems of its own, and the Airbus can be released any time afterwards if needed as a separate package.
I believe this was even talked about on the last twitch developers stream.  I.e roughly translated - "The Airbus might not make it in to SU15 if it isn't ready, it might miss it by a few days".

I am still waiting to see the ground tile fixes they spoke about on the twitch session (maybe only the DX12 ones).  They have not been in any release notes up to yet. 
A YouTuber (DreamsOfWings) said it seems to be caused by having more than around 30 airports / airfields installed (this may explain why some people swear they don't see it), and Asobo are supposed to be fixing it in SU15. 

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I am still waiting to see the ground tile fixes they spoke about on the twitch session (maybe only the DX12 ones).  They have not been in any release notes up to yet. 
A YouTuber (DreamsOfWings) said it seems to be caused by having more than around 30 airports / airfields installed (this may explain why some people swear they don't see it), and Asobo are supposed to be fixing it in SU15. 

+ 1

We talk about immersion killers but that ground tile issue is the biggest immersion killer I am seeing in the sim.  It just ruins MSFS's stunning ground representation.

@bobcat999 - Bob, do you know whether that 30 figure includes airports installed through Marketplace that are in the Official folder, or whether it's only those in the Community folder?  

I'd love to do some playing around with this!

Edited by JYW
  • Like 1

Bill

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JYW said:

+ 1

We talk about immersion killers but that ground tile issue is the biggest immersion killer I am seeing in the sim.  It just ruins MSFS's stunning ground representation.

@bobcat999 - Bob, do you know whether that 30 figure includes airports installed through Marketplace that are in the Official folder, or whether it's only those in the Community folder?  

I'd love to do some playing around with this!

The YouTuber states Community folder Bill. 

Also, on playing it back again I believe he might be saying "limit the amount of airfields in your community folder to roughly under thirteen".  So not thirty.  Have a listen yourself from about the 8 minute mark and see what you make of it. 
It's a good review of an amazing airfield anyway.  I have been there many times in real life.  It is beautiful and serene, right in the English countryside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0a0VDWFKMs

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

The YouTuber states Community folder Bill. 

Also, on playing it back again I believe he might be saying "limit the amount of airfields in your community folder to roughly under thirteen".  So not thirty.  Have a listen yourself from about the 8 minute mark and see what you make of it. 
It's a good review of an amazing airfield anyway.  I have been there many times in real life.  It is beautiful and serene, right in the English countryside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0a0VDWFKMs

Thanks Bob.

I have that video in my "saved for later" area in YouTube!  I have all the Burning Blue Designs English airfields (part from Old Warden) and love them.   Dreamsofwings does really good reviews on them all!

I'll check out what he says about airfield limits in the Community folder 👍

Thanks again.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 1

Bill

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JYW said:

Thanks Bob.

I have that video in my "saved for later" area in YouTube!  I have all the Burning Blue Designs English airfields (part from Old Warden) and love them.   Dreamsofwings does really good reviews on them all!

I'll check out what he says about airfield limits in the Community folder 👍

Thanks again.

After doing a bit of investigation it appears that DreamsOfWings got this information from Burning Blue, as I just saw it on their discord.  The may be in direct communication with Asobo as they are a developer.

I am having problems downloading it at the moment.  It says my file is broken after each finished download, and I have tried three different times up to now.  File sizes vary from 176Mb to 349Mb!  Seems like a few are having the same problem.  :sad:

EDIT: I have the file now.  Good customer service from Burning Blue.  They answered in minutes on their discord and gave me a direct link.  Superb!

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

I took the 172 for a spin and I am delighted with how the differential braking works now. Also happy to see that iniBuilds is embracing the improved ground handling and putting it in their A320 and A300 right away. I really admire how quick they are to be on the bleeding edge of improvements that come to the sim.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.