Sign in to follow this  
RobJC

Stutters with the new rig…

I really thought my pc was going to provide a stutter free FS experience, but that doesn’t appear to be the case. For the record, I have 1 Gbps internet (fiber optic) that is solid. I have tried the auto fps tool, gone through a ton of tips, but i am still getting stutters when i pan, micro stutters every 10-15 seconds, and occasional freezes. I have tried turning off virus protection, AMD’s hyperthreading (smt) and countless other tips. I have a gsync monitor. 

Any ideas? Thanks. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

try checking hypo-threading in your bio's worked for me. Make sure it is off

Just now, thauser said:

try checking hypo-threading in your bio's worked for me. Make sure it is off

Thanks. Did that. No difference. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

41 minutes ago, RobJC said:

I really thought my pc was going to provide a stutter free FS experience, but that doesn’t appear to be the case. For the record, I have 1 Gbps internet (fiber optic) that is solid. I have tried the auto fps tool, gone through a ton of tips, but i am still getting stutters when i pan, micro stutters every 10-15 seconds, and occasional freezes. I have tried turning off virus protection, AMD’s hyperthreading (smt) and countless other tips. I have a gsync monitor. 

Any ideas? Thanks. 

It's the settings, you have to work on them and find the sweet spot. Everyone sets them too high at first, but easing off a bit here and there makes a huge difference. The biggest stutter hogs are TLOD and OLOD try 150 for TLOD and 100 for OLOD, as a good start.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

25 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

It's the settings, you have to work on them and find the sweet spot. Everyone sets them too high at first, but easing off a bit here and there makes a huge difference. The biggest stutter hogs are TLOD and OLOD try 150 for TLOD and 100 for OLOD, as a good start.

Lee

Auto FPS takes care of TLOD and OLOD, so I doubt if that is the problem. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Auto FPS takes care of TLOD and OLOD, so I doubt if that is the problem. 

I don't use Auto Fps. I don't really like it, I prefer to set a stable environment.

Lee

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Lee H

Install Rivertuner and set a high FPS then gradually lower it until you see stable frame times displayed.  See this thread that started my super smooth MSFS discovery.

Read through the thread because some of the advice early on changed slightly through it. the secret to smooth flight is stable frame times, not chasing fps.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

29 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

I don't use Auto Fps. I don't really like it, I prefer to set a stable environment.

Lee

I get good FPS, solid, no stutters at all with Auto FPS. Wouldn't give it up for anything. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

32 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

Lee

Yes but the OP said that he does.   Hence less likely to be settings related in his case.

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

2 hours ago, Midnight Music said:

Lee

It was showing TLOD = 50, OLOD was 100 and still stutters. 

2 minutes ago, RobJC said:

It was showing TLOD = 50, OLOD was 100 and still stutters. 

You can try it without AI, another big source of stutters.

Lee

Lee H

Posted (edited)

Not sure if this would have any relevance but recently read this and thought the comments on the 7950x3d CCD cores scheduling  was interesting.

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D vs. 7900X3D vs. 7950X3D | TechSpot

Edited by christb

Win 11 pro 64Bit, X670 AORUS ELITE AX, Ryzen 9 7900x, RTX 4080, 64Gig GSkill 6000 DDR 5, Samaung Evo 4TB SSD.

Posted (edited)

Try my settings, HAGS and XBOX Game mode on, G-Sync and V-Sync on + Low Latency at Ultra in NVCP,  DX12. FG + TAA in game, with those settings the game will auto lock at 3fps under your monitors refresh rate, works flawlessly without stuttering for me.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

@RobJC Where do you get these stutters? Only at major airports with AI traffic, or also in remote areas? Is it aircraft-dependent?

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

3 hours ago, Ixoye said:

Try my settings, HAGS and XBOX Game mode on, G-Sync and V-Sync on + Low Latency at Ultra in NVCP,  DX12. FG + TAA in game, with those settings the game will auto lock at 3fps under your monitors refresh rate, works flawlessly without stuttering for me.

12 hours ago, christb said:

Not sure if this would have any relevance but recently read this and thought the comments on the 7950x3d CCD cores scheduling  was interesting.

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D vs. 7900X3D vs. 7950X3D | TechSpot

Thanks i have been digging into this and related threads. 

14 hours ago, Midnight Music said:

You can try it without AI, another big source of stutters.

Lee

I will give that a shot. 

3 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

@RobJC Where do you get these stutters? Only at major airports with AI traffic, or also in remote areas? Is it aircraft-dependent?

Let me test at different airports. I was mostly using KDEN and KLAX.