Sign in to follow this  
cchiozza

PMDG 737 parking brake?????

What is the deal with the PMDG 737 parking brake????? It will not release. I swear pmdg guys are secret Apple people that take the most mundane ACTION and turn it into landing a man on MARS. IT WILL NOT RELEASE. and this is their ridiculous panel state? April fools joke? Yes holding rudder pedals brakes on.......Another dumb code idea.

Chris Chiozza

4 minutes ago, cchiozza said:

What is the deal with the PMDG 737 parking brake????? It will not release. I swear pmdg guys are secret Apple people that take the most mundane ACTION and turn it into landing a man on MARS. IT WILL NOT RELEASE. and this is their ridiculous panel state? April fools joke? Yes holding rudder pedals brakes on.......Another dumb code idea.

Take a breath and watch this video. It may answer your question. Regardless, I promise you they work.... plenty of use this aircraft every day, multiple times a day without problem. Let us know if this works, otherwise it's probably just a hardware binding on your side that we need to figure out. Most importantly though, pet some grass friend. It'll be alright.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQsKNo5o0Tc

• Like 8

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

I  had never problems with the PMDG B737 brakes, just pressing both toe brakes always releases them.

Maybe you have a pedals configuration problem.

1 minute ago, solito said:

I  had never problems with the PMDG B737 brakes, just pressing both toe brakes always releases them.

Maybe you have a pedals configuration problem.

YEEEP me to its so dang frustrating getting ready to pushback and cant!

Chris Chiozza

23 minutes ago, cchiozza said:

YEEEP me to its so dang frustrating getting ready to pushback and cant!

Ranting about it isn't going to get the problem fixed. Tell us what you're doing to try and get the brakes to release, and tell us what hardware you have.

• Like 1

This is a pilot error, my friend. 

Also, this is supposed to be a relaxing hobby full of learning new stuff and self fulfillment. 

Relax. 

• Like 2

I have MFG pedals and sometimes I have to recalibrate them or this has happened to me.

Cold and dark

Load FSFO

All checks complete

Ready for push back

Told to release brakes...........No way to do that

I hard coded a brakes release in MSFS and it does not work either. Deleted that reloaded and the same thing.

FYI -  Tested brakes after power established and they worked? 

Chris Chiozza

Posted (edited)

lol these forums can be pure comedy sometimes. Just chill mate.  

check for duplicate bindings on peripherals.

Edited by rick celik
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, rick celik said:

lol these forums can be pure comedy sometimes. Just chill mate.  

check for duplicate bindings on peripherals.

Yeeeep, first thing I did. Asobo is great about changing...........Adding..........Duplicating........Bindings. Learned that long time ago. Mentioning comedy I think the say guy the plugged/did not plug the doors recently got a code base to play with...LOL Just makes no sense. 

Chris Chiozza

Imagine being this upset over a make-believe airplane parking brake and then blaming the developer for it. As someone else mentioned, this forum can be pretty entertaining at times.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

Imagine being this upset over a make-believe airplane parking brake and then blaming the developer for it. As someone else mentioned, this forum can be pretty entertaining at times.

I guess if you are still getting PPP money and home all day to play around, then its no issue...Most entertaining..🙂

Chris Chiozza

8 minutes ago, cchiozza said:

I guess if you are still getting PPP money and home all day to play around, then its no issue...Most entertaining..🙂

I’ll be the first to actually care about your complaint and how this ruined your simming experience.

Hey man I get it. There’s a very limited amount of time to get on the sim and fly. As a result, things like this can ruin the experience. It sucks when the smallest of things prevent you from using the sim. Who knows, maybe flying is the one break you get from life, kids, work or whatever it may be. To me, it all makes sense. It’s frustrating as heck! 

With all that being said, I’m sure it’s a calibration issue. Keep us posted.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

8 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

I’ll be the first to actually care about your complaint and how this ruined your simming experience.

Hey man I get it. There’s a very limited amount of time to get on the sim and fly. As a result, things like this can ruin the experience. It sucks when the smallest of things prevent you from using the sim. Who knows, maybe flying is the one break you get from life, kids, work or whatever it may be. To me, it all makes sense. It’s frustrating as heck! 

With all that being said, I’m sure it’s a calibration issue. Keep us posted.

Yep will do. Just very frustrating and I believe the same about calibration. But as of now all are cleared with regard to parking brake.

Chris Chiozza