Sign in to follow this  
ndflieger

LVFR A340 release later this month

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

Not even remotely. A product that offers 10 percent of the fidelity of a Fenix or PMDG plane should therefore only cost 10 percent of their price. 

That's not how that works. Pricing entirely depends on incurred costs in production and on the market the product is targeted at, specifically its size, not on what other products, especially outside of that market, cost. No one sets prices depending on what extent of another product their product offers and on what the price of that other product is.

I guess we can debate whether LVFR should be 5 bucks lower, but the point is it's in a lower range in line with lower objective value.

• Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

2 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Not even remotely. A product that offers 10 percent of the fidelity of a Fenix or PMDG plane should therefore only cost 10 percent of their price. 

Or maybe the fact is Fenix outpriced their product. Honnestly, they had to build a name first but they could have sold their A320 at $60 and people would have bought it anyway.

Of course I prefer it this way as we had a wonderful product at a low price but I really think they made a mistake.

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, sdirand said:

Or maybe the fact is Fenix outpriced their product. Honnestly, they had to build a name first but they could have sold their A320 at $60 and people would have bought it anyway.

Of course I prefer it this way as we had a wonderful product at a low price but I really think they made a mistake.

If they had made a mistake I doubt they would be covering the cost of making hardware work with the aircraft and even making B2 free. Furthermore they could also increase the price of 319/21 if they were suffering.

Edited by carlanthony24
  • Upvote 1

I have no illusions about this being a Fenix level Airbus, nor do I need it to be in order to enjoy it.

But I would be looking for functional LNAV/VNAV, good sounds and plausible flight dynamics.

Hopefully it can hit that level as I’d really like to fly an A340 in the sim.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

20 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

They're not blocking/forbidding anything, they're just not going to officially support or help any modders.

IIRC with the A320 family LVFR were providing the Horizon devs early access to patches and such so they could prepare.

I was going off an old Reddit post 😄

But however you mix it, there's no enhancement available for the LVFR A330.   Not at this point.   Perhaps in the future.   You never know, we might have the Aerosoft A330 soon.........  < 😄

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

16 hours ago, carlanthony24 said:

If they had made a mistake I doubt they would be covering the cost of making hardware work with the aircraft and even making B2 free. Furthermore they could also increase the price of 319/21 if they were suffering.

It's not a mistake in the meaning that they are losing money. It's a mistake in the meaning they could have easily earn way more.

I repeat myself but considering the quality of their product, they priced it too low. It's not that it makes me sad. Like everybody else, of course I'm delighted to have such product at that price.

17 hours ago, sdirand said:

Well, at a price of 50 pounds, the Fenix A320 is $63 USD according to today's exchange rate: https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=50&From=GBP&To=USD.  So $63 USD is even higher than the $60 USD you mention?

Interestingly though, I have seen so many people who claim the Fenix is so cheap but don't consider that the price is in pounds and not USD.  What's more interesting is that some people (not you, but other people in other forums) claim that the PMDG is so much more expensive than the Fenix, when the PMDG 737-800 is selling for $70 USD, which makes it $7 USD more expensive than the Fenix.  And then there is the PMDG 737-900 ($50 USD) and PMDG 737-600 ($35 USD), which are actually cheaper than the Fenix A320.

Anyways, Fenix priced their A320 at a pretty decent price, probably because the FBW A320 was free. Without the FBW A320, I think the Fenix team probably would have priced the Fenix A320 higher.

• Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Posted (edited)

If it's better than Wilco Airbus, then it's good enough (expect less, you'll get more 😁)

Edited by History

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12650H + RTX 3050

On 4/3/2024 at 3:42 PM, JYW said:

The LVFR A330 was a huge regret purchase for me. Bought it out of impatience for a better A330 that the Headwind.  In the pics the LVFR's textures looked nice.  Bought it - they're not! (IMO).  And the functionality is absolutely bog standard Asobo A320 for the most part (plus minimally useful EFB).

I love the A340 but I'm going to try not to make another bad move!

It would help if you could say what you were expecting, and what you didn't get. 

On 4/3/2024 at 3:54 PM, Maxis said:

Yeah .. They are not trying to move into the high end/Study level market. I wanted to hope that with every new release the dev wanted to demonstrate some progress and  improvement in quality to the point of them eventually knocking on the door to high quality (Just Flight comes to mind as high quality) but meh, they seem satisfied to occupy the mid level at best at the moment . I'm sure another dev will at least attempt to fill the quality/systems gaps eventually.

Then again .. they can now model 4 engines instead of 2 .. so that may be the progress ? 🙂

Trying to make a developer come to par with another developer by saying their stuff is mid-quality won't get you anywhere. 

On 4/3/2024 at 4:02 PM, JYW said:

Good points.  I agree.

The only real reason I bought the LVFR A330 was because I (wrongly) assumed there'd be a Horizon mod for it, as there is for the LVFR A319/20/21.    But apparantly LVFR have blocked or prevented Horizon from doing further mods, so the A330 (and A340) will remain default level. 😟

Default level?  hahaha.. your issues

On 4/4/2024 at 3:41 AM, threexgreen said:

I don't get the hate towards LVFR if I'm being honest. That FSElite comment section is full of herd mentality piling onto a developer giving reasonable answers just because the products don't cater to their elevated needs.

LVFR have always made it clear what target audience this is for, and it's clearly not for anyone looking for higher fidelity. But that doesn't make it wrong in any way, and I bet for every person upset about this, there are several who don't need the extra simulation depth and are enjoying the products.

What it offers is also reflected in the price. Aiming for a market that doesn't demand higher fidelity isn't a cash grab, much less a scam. The developer is making very clear what the products are and what they aren't, and they're not lying to or deceiving anyone.

I actually know someone through work who flies LVFR aircraft, and he says he doesn't need anything more. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Best comment - I'm out-of-here !

On 4/4/2024 at 4:16 AM, Ricardo41 said:

I don't get the negativity either: not everyone wants to waste their lives flipping 345 switches and twisting 235 knobs before getting airborne. 

Another smart comment

On 4/4/2024 at 5:10 AM, F737MAX said:

1. You're on the wrong forum! On here we love spending 45 mins to 1 hour doing pre-flight before every flight and having hundreds of knobs, buttons, dials and circuit breakers to play with first. 🤓

2. The negativity comes from the fact that it takes a freeware developer to mod the payware to make the payware acceptable.

Not every aircraft needs to be "study level"/high fidelity, though I would want the model to have correct proportions, look good visually inside and out, and perform vaguely like the real aircraft does.

If BlackBox, Carenado and freeware devs can manage it, so should LVFR.

Before you buy the read (read) what they offer and what they don't offer. If you like it, buy it. If you don't it and move on happily ever after. (so help you God). 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, joemiller said:

Trying to make a developer come to par with another developer by saying their stuff is mid-quality won't get you anywhere. 

Looks like i stepped on someones toes here for relaying information directly from the developer.

ricardoLVFR
ricardoLVFRVerified Dev

it won’t dilute anything. We made an A320ceo which there already exists a study level, it works for us and it seems it hasn’t diluted fenix’s sales a tiny bit. Our market is in between entry level and study, we aren’t looking into doing study level aircraft. There is a market for people who don’t want study level planes too.

Taken from the comments section of the FS Elite press release found here

https://fselite.net/content/latinvfr-aims-to-release-airbus-a340-for-msfs-this-month/

Now .. as to expectations.. I would hope that as a dev learns new things they would apply it and improve with each product .. If your happy with stagnation good for you.

Edited by Maxis
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders