Sign in to follow this  
guibru

SWS first images of Kodiak 900.

They have gone radio silent. Everyone was wanting failures and they said it was coming. Then nothing.

Chris Chiozza

I agree with most of the criticisms here but "radio silent" is not a fair assessment at all.

This is a status update from two days ago:

spacer.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, outermarker said:

I agree with most of the criticisms here but "radio silent" is not a fair assessment at all.

This is a status update from two days ago:

spacer.png

Agreed they are communicating. Since they communicated this week for the PC-12 patch it will behoove SWS greatly to deliver the “locked patch” ASAP.  Don’t ask me about SWS, their T-37 Tweet and P3d.  It ain’t pretty, but neither is this after all this time. 
-B

Any word from SWS about the Kodiak 100's update?

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Posted (edited)

They don't sound too convincing about the PC12 update's "improved yaw tendencies" in the update 😄  It sounds like a tweak, whereas I'd have thought the FDE needed a thorough rework.  

I have a horrible feeling we're going to get the update and the insane yaw is going to be about 10% 'better'. 😬

I truly hope I'm wrong on that.  I'll eat my largest hat, happily, if I am.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 3

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Love the plane I just should have gone with carenado. Worked great in P3D. disappointed for sure with the reviews as well.

Chris Chiozza

53 minutes ago, cchiozza said:

Love the plane I just should have gone with carenado. Worked great in P3D. disappointed for sure with the reviews as well.

Frankly even with all bugs SWS PC-12 actually resemble real airplane while Carenado an electric toy scooter. So don't feel bad not investing in them.

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

On 4/8/2024 at 7:32 PM, Paul K said:

What, specifically ? After a long time away from it, I'm just getting back into the Kodiak 100, and would be interested to match your observations with my own.

You can see my post here for at least some issues:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Frankly even with all bugs SWS PC-12 actually resemble real airplane while Carenado an electric toy scooter. So don't feel bad not investing in them.

Not to quote x-plane folks but the aircraft should at least be plausible. For example the take of roll to me seems toyish, if thats a word. Skidding off the runway at touchdown even within the published criteria. But I get your point. I do like it when in the air. (heavy)

Chris Chiozza

1 hour ago, cchiozza said:

Not to quote x-plane folks but the aircraft should at least be plausible. For example the take of roll to me seems toyish, if thats a word. Skidding off the runway at touchdown even within the published criteria. But I get your point. I do like it when in the air. (heavy)

I had skidding take off problem before they released last patch is no longer exists for me. I have never flown turbine aircraft but plenty of turbocharge. I got to use to spool engine prior take of roll. It does work well for me in SWS PC-12. The most annoying problem I have if yawing and rudder trim and also lack of smooth vertical guidance with LPV approaches . Lastly the "falling screw" odd animation that remind a bug running across my monitor LOL

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Lastly the "falling screw" odd animation that remind a bug running across my monitor LOL

Yes, what is it with that?  Really odd! 😄  I thought I was hallucinating the first time I saw that, as it was 4am. 😊

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

6 minutes ago, JYW said:

Yes, what is it with that?  Really odd! 😄  I thought I was hallucinating the first time I saw that, as it was 4am. 😊

First time I saw I seriously thought that some bug crawled inside my screen ! In fact it happened before to my old monitor!  Then I went to SWS discord and found post about I was not the only one. I was laughing so hard after that LOL

• Like 2

Obviously some coder had to much time on their hands. Should have been working on the ground handling code. ✈️

Chris Chiozza