Sign in to follow this  
JYW

Some love for the Longitude

3 minutes ago, bofhlusr said:

I'm waiting for Xtreme Prototype's Learjet 25 which will be available in MSFS. It's a very fast fighter jet masquerading as a bizjet and a high workload aircraft with lots of non-boring things to do eg. spoilers, reverse thrust, lots of dials to check, etc..

Judging by their p3d offering I'll stick with the FSW 35. The two are similar enough anyway, and far enough from my preferred modern avionics that one will do.

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

27 minutes ago, bofhlusr said:

Thank you. I guess, it's time for me to check the Longitude again. Last time I spent time on it, it didn't have the HUD, had quite a few INOP buttons, and unavailable reference manuals.

The HUD is an option that very few C700's have...  I just saw a pic of a new delivery that actually had a HUD... but they are rare.  I think I read though that an operable HUD may come to the sim version though.

Textron is very protective of their documentation...  I'm sure there's some stuff somewhere.

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

26 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Keep getting errors trying import the FP on the CJ4 lately? Yours works?

Unfortunately I don't use that.  Is that SimBrief?  I enter all of my flight plans manually.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, Cognita said:

Well, and no real systems modeling...

😄

Have you flown the aircraft recently?   As well as full avionics, elecs, hydraulics, fuel, etc ..... I'm not sure what systems you feel aren't modelled...... other than the door hinges 😉

• Like 3

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Posted (edited)

The Citation Longitude is one of the most deeply simulated default aircraft amongst all the ones Working Title beefed up via the AAU and SU updates (avionics, systems and FM wise). I mean, the hefty documentation/manual at 170+ pages https://flightsimulator.azureedge.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Cessna-Model-700-Operators-Guide.pdf is a clue to its fidelity 🙂 

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 3

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Longitude is my favorite Jet, I wish PMDG will make a high quality bizjet for MSFS.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

31 minutes ago, JYW said:

Have you flown the aircraft recently?

To be honest, I haven't. I knew there was an avionics update but did not realize it's systems were realistically modeled as well (head hung low...)

Dan Scott

2 minutes ago, Cognita said:

To be honest, I haven't. I knew there was an avionics update but did not realize it's systems were realistically modeled as well (head hung low...)

No worries.  Give it a go 👍  It was a terrible plane when MSFS released in 2020.  But WT did some real magic with it.  Even the stock flight dynamics are good now, but I'd suggest that MGouge's enhancement puts it up a notch.   Rotation is absolutely divine with his mod, whereas the default can be a little twitchy.

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

2 hours ago, Gazzareth said:

Judging by their p3d offering I'll stick with the FSW 35. The two are similar enough anyway, and far enough from my preferred modern avionics that one will do.

I have both in P3D. FSW's 35 is good but just preferred the XP's 25 with its 330+ page manual, sound, and cockpit layout --4 diiferent panels including the one below.  Every single button works unlike in the Longitude. 

spacer.png

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

3 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Unfortunately I don't use that.  Is that SimBrief?  I enter all of my flight plans manually.

No - its part of the sim. You create the FP and click 'fly'. Then in the sim you go to the IDX page and hit 'flight plan recall' to populate the FMS. Such a PITA to do it manually....

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

3 hours ago, Gazzareth said:

Is your Navigraph on the latest version? Have been some updates to the current AIRAC.

G

No clue have never used navigraph

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

7 hours ago, bofhlusr said:

I have both in P3D. FSW's 35 is good but just preferred the XP's 25 with its 330+ page manual, sound, and cockpit layout --4 diiferent panels including the one below.  Every single button works unlike in the Longitude. 

spacer.png

Guess everyone is different, had it long before the FSW 35 and flew it extensively (no decent option for a modern bizjet in p3d). After I got the 35 I didn't touch it, even buying the upgrade to v3 - that got one flight and back to the 35.

Might consider it if they've actually got IAS/MACH mode working properly this time and have the dual GTN layout as that is still lacking in the 35.

G

• Like 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

I love the Longitute! I fly a real challenger 300 and it is similar in peformance etc.... the FTsound pack makes it even better as default sounds are terrible, but the sound pack for the Longitude is very well done!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, JETPETER2 said:

I love the Longitute! I fly a real challenger 300 and it is similar in peformance etc.... the FTsound pack makes it even better as default sounds are terrible, but the sound pack for the Longitude is very well done!

Where can you get the FTsound pack for the Longitude?

Eric