Sign in to follow this  
STK

Incredible Ford Trimotor 5AT Coming Soon

Posted (edited)

https://tukanflightsim.com/

Not affiliated with the dev, but this looks stunning, and significantly better than the Aeroplane Heaven version. The developer just activated their website within the past 24 hours. 

Coming presumably in the next month or two at the most for MSFS. 

Edited by STK
  • Like 1

Unfortunately no words about flight model , damage , tear and wear ..

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

If it was available 6-12 months after the release of MSFS, why not, but A2A and Black Square just spoiled me.

• Like 1

It has chickens and watermelons for cargo (says their website). A Beverly Hillbillies plane?

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Fielder said:

It has chickens and watermelons for cargo (says their website). A Beverly Hillbillies plane?

I think it refers to the plane from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. It was a cargo plane that carried chicken, didn't have enough parachutes and had a rubber dinghy:

• Chickens.

• No more parachutes.

• Emergency Raft.

Edited by Bartul

Well trained chickens make for self loading cargo !

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

This one looks interesting to me..🤗

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

What a pity.  Another duplicate. 

I got the Sim version for free as I downloaded it within the first week of release, and while it may not be perfect (Then again, I don't know - How could I tell? Or anyone else for that matter), the MS version is certainly good enough for the type of plane it is.

While I never complain about a new aircraft being released, and developers have the ultimate right to do what they want of course, I just wish there was less duplication. 

The Stinson model A Tri-motor might have been more interesting and unique for a similar model from that era I think, but then again, there are absolutely loads to choose from that will probably never be made. 

• Like 4

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I've asked for more specifics regarding systems, sounds, flight dynamics, and other advanced features on the official forums. I know that the author was implementing a wwise sound package, but in terms of overall effort I *think* this is their first creation for MSFS. 

I would also like to note that AH's version is a 4AT, while this is a 5AT. 

Guessing that aircraft of this era are decades away from what the vast majority of simmers prefer, but for fans of true "vintage" aircraft, I have high hopes. 

Hi Stk,

Thanks for the info. It does look good with a lot of detail. Gotta remember the oldtimers.........

Jim Morgan

Good to once again see that MSFS jumpstarted a developer vocation. I hope he could make some partnership with knowledgeable guys on the engine and FDE sides. The artistry looks certainly top notch.

I went to refresh my memory about the bird and learned that it was also a bush plane ! Good to know… 

https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all-news/2002/april/pilot/ford-tri-motor-5-at

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Wing 42 was the top dog of vintage aircraft but sadly developer has been MIA for some time. I wish some other developers pick Wing 42 tab. Do not want to see another Carenado of vintage department beaty on outside hollow on inside 😞

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I quite like the current one by AH, but I'm still interested. I'll wait for reviews.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

What a pity.  Another duplicate.

The Aeroplane Heaven version released less than a year ago, so I would not be surprised if this fella had already started development on their one, especially as it seems to be a one man band. I can imagine it might be a tough call to scrap everything you've been working on, especially if you've done a lot of preparatory work too. And even more so if it's a plane they have a fondness for.

Edited by s0cks
  • Like 1

From the developer:

“About the aircraft…

I wouldn’t compare it to A2A or Black Square’s aircraft. The systems I have implemented are nowhere near as complex as theirs. To be honest, the actual aircraft doesn’t even have flaps.
All the instruments, work as expected in an aircraft like this but I have no under the hood temperatures damaging cylinders or pressure losses or similar features.

For a someone who looks for a hardcore simulation experience I might not have reached his expectations. If in the other hand he was looking for an Errol Flynn like Silver Screen experience…I hopefully might be closer…

I did read the comments about duplicated aircraft.

When the 4AT was released I had already spent a lot of time in the 5AT and, this being a personal project and a different version, I wasn’t going to stop making it. I also remember Taog releasing a video of another Ford Trimotor before that too.

It is inevitable that teams and individuals might start the same project based on personal preferences when they don’t know about each other. All you can do is try to do your best.”

• Like 2