Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Historical weather planned for MSFS 2024

41 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

But im not talking of Active Sky. im Talking of MSFS historical weather and how do i use this in Simbrief. AFAIK Simbrief always uses the current weather.

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

9 hours ago, vgbaron said:

TBH, what scares me is they thought the 2020 weather was fine

When did they say they thought the weather as a whole was fine? I actually remember Jorg promising that they were revamping the weather and we would really be amazed by what they were cooking up. Well now we know that this ended up being moved over to 2024. As for expectations, I think it is promising that they developed dynamic tornadoes when no one really asked for it because to be frank, most of us didn't think it would be possible.

• Like 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

17 hours ago, Noel said:

You might, I could care less.  The way I use MSFS it's never to see how things might go last month.  I will appreciate being able to duplicate weather appropriate for time of day when I fly in areas in other hemispheres so once again zero need to duplicate weather last week or what have you and I suspect that is the case for the vast majority of users.  Glad they won't waste programming resources for more than 24h worth.

Doubt programming resources is different whether it was 24hr or 24 weeks. 

Always amusing when people call something a waste when it’s a feature they’re not interested in. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

24 hours is more than enough to cover the common complaint of day / night difference for some users.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

15 hours ago, MarkW said:

This potentially creates a huge problem on Vatsim when people may want to fly in daylight but have the wrong weather for the airport.  I hope we have both options but it looks like nobody really knows how this will be implemented in practice.

That's why an "VATSIM option" exists in Active Sky. When activated, AS uses the same METAR as VATSIM.

2 hours ago, VHOJT said:

Always amusing when people call something a waste when it’s a feature they’re not interested in. 

Ah, I see you've noticed this too.

Things that I've seen called a 'waste' in my time in flight simming:

• Terminal interiors
  • Aircraft cabins
  • Wing views
  • 3D cockpits
  • Aircraft liveries
  • Failures
  • Live/real scheduled AI traffic
  • Ground services and pushback
  • PBR
  • Orthographic/photoscenery terrain
  • High resolution terrain mesh
  • Volumetric clouds
  • Live weather
  • Historical weather
  • and many more...

Funny thing is, these 'wastes' of effort are rather popular and tend to become required features in new products over time!

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

On 4/26/2024 at 12:01 PM, F737MAX said:

and many more...

• virtual cockpit doors (apparently some high-end addons don’t have one!)
  • Independent lighting controls for galleys, ceiling, side wall, toilet and worktop.

• Fully simulated music player with play, pause, skip, shuffle, repeat and volume functions

• Potable water that depletes throughout the flight and varies depending on coffee maker usage

On 4/26/2024 at 7:18 AM, Paladin2005 said:

But im not talking of Active Sky. im Talking of MSFS historical weather and how do i use this in Simbrief. AFAIK Simbrief always uses the current weather.

It does. With Active Sky it’s possible to upload historical weather into a Simbrief flight plan. But I get the feeling that’s not what you meant.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

On 4/25/2024 at 3:36 PM, Cpt_Piett said:

In other words there’s no way to get around that as long as MSFS keeps it partnership with Meteoblue? As they cannot share proprietary data with 3rd party devs?

Btw I’ll get crucified for saying this, but I agree with their decision to move towards a METAR-Meteoblue blend back in the day (SU5?), as otherwise we’d have highly inaccurate airport weather. But I’m beating a dead horse here, the topic has been discussed at great lengths here on Avsim…

I actually agree with that decision wise also 😉

André

17 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:
  • virtual cockpit doors (apparently some high-end addons don’t have one!)
  • Independent lighting controls for galleys, ceiling, side wall, toilet and worktop.

• Fully simulated music player with play, pause, skip, shuffle, repeat and volume functions

• Potable water that depletes throughout the flight and varies depending on coffee maker usage

It does. With Active Sky it’s possible to upload historical weather into a Simbrief flight plan. But I get the feeling that’s not what you meant.

Yes, again: How do i tell Simbrief to take 24 hrs old weather, when MSFS introduces 24 hrs old weather.

Nothing to do with Active Sky. This thread is not about Active Sky.

Regards, Jan Ast

Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

5 minutes ago, Paladin2005 said:

Yes, again: How do i tell Simbrief to take 24 hrs old weather, when MSFS introduces 24 hrs old weather.

It’s not. But as AS provides HW it’s sort of relevant. Also it’s not possible to answer your question as 2024 is not here yet.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

5 minutes ago, Paladin2005 said:

You can move the time back but MSFS does not give 24 hrs weather. Only AS can give historical weather for now.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Posted (edited)

Im not talking about MSFS2020, im not talking about Active Sky. 😉

Amigos, what is this thread about? I will tell you the answer: MSFS24 will bring 24hrs historical weather, obviously. Thats what we discuss here.

My question is still, how could this be handled in SIMBRIEF, for example to generate a flight with - lets say, by coincidence, 24 hrs - old weather data?

Maybe i ask my question the other way: How is it currently possible in SIMBRIEF to take OTHER THAN CURRENT LIVE WEATHER? Is there a hidden button to enter different weather data? Is there a premium function that allows to modify the weather for the route calculation?

Why am i asking this: Because, 24h historical weather in MSFS24 will have no benefit, if you can not tell SIMBRIEF to use this 24h old weather.

Is my question now understood?

Edited by Paladin2005

Regards, Jan Ast

2 minutes ago, Paladin2005 said:

Why am i asking this: Because, 24h historical weather in MSFS24 will have no benefit, if you can not tell SIMBRIEF to use this 24h old weather.

Look at the bottom of simbrief before generating a flight you will see there Historical Weather- Requires Active Sky AS16, ASP4, or ASX....This where you import HW.  Am sure Navigraph will make it possible to import MSFS HW weather.

• Like 1

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

36 minutes ago, Paladin2005 said:

Maybe wait until it's actually implemented and they make the necessary adjustments. Weird to complain about the function missing when it's not even in the sim yet.

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Maybe wait until it's actually implemented and they make the necessary adjustments. Weird to complain about the function missing when it's not even in the sim yet.

Weird to talk about complaining when someone is asking a question..

Edited by Paladin2005
  • Upvote 1

Regards, Jan Ast