Sign in to follow this  
Malaromane

FSimStudios CHYZ Halifax Stanfield V2 released

FSimStudios released a V2 version of their excellent (in my opinion) CYHZ Halifax Stanfield Intl airport. If you already own V1, it's a free upgrade (I was able to just uninstall V1 and install V2 in my Orbx Library). I haven't had a chance to log into the sim and check it out directly but here's what the blurb says is new in V2:

• Performance significantly optimized. New MSFS Techniques have been extensively used all across to update the airport to the new standards, ensuring smooth performance and consistent FPS.
  • Improved terminal model, several areas have been remodeled and retextured, with crisp new PBR Materials.
  • Improved Interior Model, highly detailed and accurate to March 2024. Interiors have been modeled utilizing MSFS Techniques for minimal performance impact.
  • Glass materials all across the airport have been edited to make use of the stock Glass reflective materials for enhanced realism.
  • All new Ground Polygon, highly detailed, making use of all-new materials and textures.
  • New Taxiway N (by Runway 14) and Apron 3 (New Cargo Apron) modeled.
  • New Cargo Terminal modeled in high detail.
  • Custom Taxi Signs all around the airport.
  • Improved night lighting all around the airport.
  • Static Aircraft (GA and Airliners) and Detailed Interiors can now be removed through Scenery Configuration (ORBX and Contrail only)
  • Improved static aircraft models.
  • Improved GSE and Clutter vehicle models.
  • Clutter and vehicles utilizing multiple LODs for improved performance.
  • All new Jetway Models, utilizing high-resolution materials and modeled accurately to the type of jetways used in Halifax.
  • Several Bugs Fixed

Hoping to fly a few circuits in the pattern tonight after work.

• Like 1

Well I'm confused. The FSimStudios website says CYHZ  V2 is the latest.

I bought FSimStudios CYHZ from Orbx and Orbx Central is saying my installed version is 1.3.0

Lloyd Noel (Ontario, Canada)

Intel i9 10900KF@5.2GHz / NZXT Kraken X73 AIO / MSI MPG Z590 Gaming+ / 32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance LPX / Gigabyte RTX4080 Super Gaming OC / Corsair RM1000e 1KW PS / 1TB WD Black M.2 (Win 11 Pro) / 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 .(MSFS2020) / 512GB Sabrent Rocket M.2 (XP12) / 1TB TimeTec SATA (Misc. & FS Support)

Maybe Orbx dies not have the new version yet.

It is quite a nice update. The new cargo ramps are there now finally, the inside has been fully modeled quite nicely and the performance is finally acceptable. 

• Like 1

Dan Scott

22 minutes ago, Cognita said:

Maybe Orbx dies not have the new version yet.

It is certainly possible that Orbx does not yet have the latest update.

If that is the case, Orbx should be showing 1.1 not 1.3.0

Intel i9 10900KF@5.2GHz / NZXT Kraken X73 AIO / MSI MPG Z590 Gaming+ / 32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance LPX / Gigabyte RTX4080 Super Gaming OC / Corsair RM1000e 1KW PS / 1TB WD Black M.2 (Win 11 Pro) / 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 .(MSFS2020) / 512GB Sabrent Rocket M.2 (XP12) / 1TB TimeTec SATA (Misc. & FS Support)

Loving V2, thank you for the AMAZING, FREE update! Cheers!

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Noell said:

I bought FSimStudios CYHZ from Orbx and Orbx Central is saying my installed version is 1.3.0

Orbx has V2. It's listed as a separate product. You just have to go to it on the store, and click INSTALL to add it to your library.

Here's the direct link to the V2 version: https://orbxdirect.com/product/fsimstudios-cyhz-v2-msfs

Edited by Malaromane

What does winter looks like in V2?
In V1, there were quite a lot of green edges around the ramp, taxiways and RWY...

Also, rabbit approach lights for RWY05 were missing. Have they been added in V2?

2 hours ago, Noell said:

You purchase the new one through Orbx Central, it's free but it is processed that way. You then uninstall the old version and install the new one.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

On 4/25/2024 at 6:55 PM, Midnight Music said:

You purchase the new one through Orbx Central, it's free but it is processed that way. You then uninstall the old version and install the new one.

Lee

Thanks. Looked again at the Orbx product listing and there are now two listings for CYHZ - the original and V2.

Uninstalled the original then installed V2 and all is fine.